Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2006 Perrot Minot Nuits St George "La Richemone" VV Ultra

I opened a bottle of 2006 Perrot Minot Nuits St George "La Richemone"
VV Ultra last night with dinner at my farm. I haven't had many 2006
red Burgundies so far so I opened this one expecting something far
different than I got. The color was medium red burgundy and the
weight was medium. Fairly tight nose of red raspberry and a bit of
apple pie spices, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg. Compared to previous
vintages this wine was almost light on it's feet. Fairly zippy
acidity, a fairly aggressive tannic structure and flavors of red
fruits, tart cherry, raspberry and a hint of cedar. Maybe in a dumb
period or maybe just not what I expected given the track record of P-M
but the wine grew on me throughout dinner and my wife and I finished
the bottle with dinner. "B+"