Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Seasons greetings

I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 24, 2:06*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
> doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

I'm mostly a lurker these days, but I'll second that. Merry Whiskeymas
to all and a Happy New Beer! 8-)

Dan-O
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 24, 2:06�pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
> doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

I'll echo those sentiments to all in this group a happy and safe
holiday season and a great new year.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:06:38 -0800 (PST), Lawrence Leichtman
> wrote:

> I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
> doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

Season's greeting to everyone from me, too.

But a quick comment to you about newsgroups. You certainly don't *have
to* post through Google, and I recommend against it. There are many
choices of news servers available to use even if you are a Comcast
customer (as I am too). Some of them are free and others charge for
use. Here's a free one I use and like very much:
news.eternal-september.org

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:06:38 -0800 (PST), Lawrence Leichtman
> wrote:

>I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
>doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

As I write, Andrew is no doubt on the beach, Ian is getting ready, or
gone to bed, Santiago, well just finishing dinner and those of us in
the US are still in daylight scurrying to get the last touches on
things . . .
Merry Christmas (or is that Meri Kirihimete, m'lord?) and Happy new
year to all
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter > wrote in
:

Santiago, well just finishing dinner

Nice try, but at 11:08 PST (which is about 20:08 in Spain), we were not
even starting dinner. Actually, nobody dines in Spain before 21:00.

I had a glass of Champagne in my hand (and another inside) at 20:08 so...
cheers to all!

s.
privat.org
Posted to alt.food.wine

:

> Santiago, well just finishing dinner
>
>Nice try, but at 11:08 PST (which is about 20:08 in Spain), we were not
>even starting dinner. Actually, nobody dines in Spain before 21:00.
>
>I had a glass of Champagne in my hand (and another inside) at 20:08 so...
>cheers to all!
>
>s.
>privat.org

Uhh Satiago I sent it at
that is what I thought and my reader posted.

No problem I tell my clients that when they go to Spain they can
expect any restaurant open at 8pm to have only tourists. It is sort of
the same here exept any restaurant with guests arriving at that time
has only tourists!

JC from the land of the 1700 dinner. (and 2000 bedtime I would guess)
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 12/25/2009 12:21 PM, Mike Tommasi wrote:
> Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
>> I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
>> doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

> Try news.individual.net I have been using it for years.
>
> All the best for the holidays !

All the best to all AFW, for health to you and your families and a year
of interesting wines in 2010 (and the pocketbook to pay for them)!

I second news.individual.net, there's a small fee but the service is
excellent.

cheers,

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter > wrote in
:

> Uhh Satiago I sent it at
> that is what I thought and my reader posted.

Ups, I stand corrected. I read your post and there was a quote of
Lawrence's post with the hour which I took for yours. ¡Mis disculpas!

> No problem I tell my clients that when they go to Spain they can
> expect any restaurant open at 8pm to have only tourists. It is sort of
> the same here exept any restaurant with guests arriving at that time
> has only tourists!
>
> JC from the land of the 1700 dinner. (and 2000 bedtime I would guess)

When I travel abroad, I feel great having dinner at more european hours
(say 8pm in France, Italy, Portugal, Southern Germany). But when I come
back home, it is so difficult to have dinner (even at home) at 8pm.

When going out here in Spain, I always book for 9pm, or 9:30pm maximum, I
always get better service, more attention by the staff and can get back
home much earlier and sleep much better. And there is also less risk of
being intercept by the alcohol-test police (even if I am more than cautious
when dining out if I have to drive back home).

But it is not uncommon for my compatriots to make reservations at 11pm,
specially on saturdays if there is a football mach on TV.

s.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi > wrote in news:7pkpmmFdgbU1
@mid.individual.net:

> My theory, Spain is so "off" its natural time zone (most of the country
> is west of Greenwich), that your 9pm is actually closer to a natural
> 8pm. So in fact, you DO eat earlier than it would seem, in solar terms...

Well, that's an interesting theory. Perhaps we should be in the same hour
as Portugal.

s.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 24, 2:06*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> I am now having to post through Google as I have moved and Comcast
> doesn't do groups. Best wishes to the group for the season.

Indeed, hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday so far (no matter the
time zone), and Happy 2010 to all!