BFSON

Default What Ever Happened to Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet?

Jeff Smith had a show on PBS called the Frugal Gourmet and had written several
cook books. There were changes about improper involvement with minors back in
the days when he was a priest (or minister) Anybody know what finally happened
to him?
Professor

"BFSON" > wrote in message
> Jeff Smith had a show on PBS called the Frugal Gourmet and had written

several
> cook books. There were changes about improper involvement with minors back

in
> the days when he was a priest (or minister) Anybody know what finally

happened
> to him?

His show got cancelled when the charges were made public despite his
denials. This has what to do with wine?

BFSON

I knew his show was cancelled. What happened after that? Were charges ever
filed? Where is he now?
Mark Lipton

BFSON wrote:
> I knew his show was cancelled. What happened after that? Were charges ever
> filed? Where is he now?

Charges were filed and he settled in 1998. He now is "happily retired
in Seattle." IIRC, he was interested in continuing the program, but he
was dropped like a hot potato after the charges came to light.

Mark Lipton
BR549

Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

Bill

BR549 wrote:
> Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

cutecat

"Bill" > wrote in message
> BR549 wrote:
> > Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

> Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
> and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
> dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
> to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.
>
> He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
> Church.

Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Jim Lovejoy

"cutecat" > wrote in
hlink.net:

> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> BR549 wrote:
>> > Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

>> Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
>> and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
>> dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
>> to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.
>>
>> He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
>> Church.
>>

> Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
Puget Sound"

(The University of Puget Sound was a Methodist University before they
decided that wasn't sophisticated enough and severed official ties with
Methodism.)

Pantheras

Jim Lovejoy wrote:
>>>and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
>>>dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
>>>to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

>>>He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
>>>Church.

>>Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

> Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
> Puget Sound"

You guys don't read very well or have any sense of humor. I never
said he was a Catholic priest. The point being made was about him
getting into trouble molesting a young boy.

dolorite

> >> Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
> >> and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
> >> dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
> >> to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

Actually, no. He died today.
http://tinyurl.com/yssbr

dolorite

> >> Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
> >> and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
> >> dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
> >> to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

Actually, no. He died today.
http://tinyurl.com/yssbr
Carmen Dioxide

Pantheras > wrote in message >...
> Jim Lovejoy wrote:

> >>Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

> > Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
> > Puget Sound"

> You guys don't read very well or have any sense of humor. I never
> said he was a Catholic priest. The point being made was about him
> getting into trouble molesting a young boy.

Jeff Smith died yesterday in his sleep. He was 65. Heart disease.
Carmen Dioxide