What Ever Happened to Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet?

Old 12-05-2004, 07:06 AM
BFSON
Usenet poster

Default What Ever Happened to Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet?

Jeff Smith had a show on PBS called the Frugal Gourmet and had written several
cook books. There were changes about improper involvement with minors back in
the days when he was a priest (or minister) Anybody know what finally happened
to him?
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Professor
Usenet poster

"BFSON" wrote in message
Jeff Smith had a show on PBS called the Frugal Gourmet and had written

several
cook books. There were changes about improper involvement with minors back

in
the days when he was a priest (or minister) Anybody know what finally

happened
to him?

His show got cancelled when the charges were made public despite his
denials. This has what to do with wine?

Old 12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
BFSON
Usenet poster

I knew his show was cancelled. What happened after that? Were charges ever
filed? Where is he now?
Old 12-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Mark Lipton
Usenet poster

BFSON wrote:
I knew his show was cancelled. What happened after that? Were charges ever
filed? Where is he now?

Charges were filed and he settled in 1998. He now is "happily retired
in Seattle." IIRC, he was interested in continuing the program, but he
was dropped like a hot potato after the charges came to light.

Mark Lipton
Old 03-06-2004, 01:53 AM
BR549
Usenet poster

Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Bill
Usenet poster

BR549 wrote:
Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:50 PM
cutecat
Usenet poster

"Bill" wrote in message
BR549 wrote:
Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Old 14-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Jim Lovejoy
Usenet poster

"cutecat" wrote in
hlink.net:

"Bill" wrote in message
BR549 wrote:
Naw....he`s buried the next plot over from me y`all.

Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
Puget Sound"

(The University of Puget Sound was a Methodist University before they
decided that wasn't sophisticated enough and severed official ties with
Methodism.)

Old 14-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Pantheras
Usenet poster

Jim Lovejoy wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
Puget Sound"

You guys don't read very well or have any sense of humor. I never
said he was a Catholic priest. The point being made was about him
getting into trouble molesting a young boy.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:27 AM
dolorite
Usenet poster

Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

Actually, no. He died today.
http://tinyurl.com/yssbr

Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Carmen Dioxide
Usenet poster

Pantheras wrote in message ...
Jim Lovejoy wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Smith is alive and maybe well. He was accused of molesting
and young boy and he settled out of court. The TV network
dropped him and his show like hot cakes. He has been trying
to make a come back. He still lives in the Seattle area.

He was a former minister, maybe he trained in the Catholic
Church.

Nope, the Lutherans are his clan.

Nope again. "Methodist minister and former chaplain at the University of
Puget Sound"

You guys don't read very well or have any sense of humor. I never
said he was a Catholic priest. The point being made was about him
getting into trouble molesting a young boy.

Jeff Smith died yesterday in his sleep. He was 65. Heart disease.