Felice Friese

Default Jeff Smith: Let him RIP

> Jeff Smith the Frugal Gourmet RIP

Whatever he did or did not do, he's dead. Let's let this thread die too.

Felice

JimLane

Felice Friese wrote:
>> Jeff Smith the Frugal Gourmet RIP

> Whatever he did or did not do, he's dead. Let's let this thread die too.
>
> Felice

Then why did you feel it necessary to start yet another thread? DOH!

jim
JimLane

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:34:09 GMT, "Felice Friese" >
> wrote:
>

>>> Jeff Smith the Frugal Gourmet RIP

>>Whatever he did or did not do, he's dead. Let's let this thread die too.
>>
>>Felice
>>

> Why ? Does dying mean you are absolved of all dirt ?

Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip about the dead?

jim
JimLane

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:34:09 GMT, "Felice Friese" >
> wrote:
>

>>> Jeff Smith the Frugal Gourmet RIP

>>Whatever he did or did not do, he's dead. Let's let this thread die too.
>>
>>Felice
>>

> Why ? Does dying mean you are absolved of all dirt ?

Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip about the dead?

jim
Amberinauburn

I liked his show, I have his cook books . all of them I have used them and will
continue to do so. I think he was excellent cook. I hope he rests in piece.

Amber

Jennifer

I loved watching his show even when I didn't like to cook! I was very sad
when it ended, and am sorry that he passed. I don't know what really
happened, but that doesn't take away from his skills as a cook/chef.

Amberinauburn wrote:

> I liked his show, I have his cook books . all of them I have used them and will
> continue to do so. I think he was excellent cook. I hope he rests in piece.
>
> Amber

So do I! Are you my doppleganger?
Like a number of people who knew and respected this gentleman I too feel
he was wrongly accused by those who saw some easy money. That has
pretty much been shown to be true.
I love his Christmas book.
Kilty

JimLane

Curly Sue wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:53:47 -0700, JimLane >
> wrote:
>

>>Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>>>Why ? Does dying mean you are absolved of all dirt ?

>>Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip about the dead?

> It can't hurt him now. It's better than gossiping about the living.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

It is about gossiping. A low-level activity for the mostly braindead
having nothing of substance to say.

jim
Curly Sue

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:49:03 -0700, JimLane >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:00:30 -0700, JimLane >
>> wrote:

<snip>

>>>It is about gossiping. A low-level activity for the mostly braindead
>>>having nothing of substance to say.

>> Then what difference does it make that he's dead?
>>
>> Sue(tm)

>So, you are braindead? It is about gossiping., Any words you don;t
>understand?
>jim

Well, you can help us by explaining YOUR statement that follows,
paying particular attention to the capitalized words:

" Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip ABOUT THE
DEAD?"

Sue(tm)
JimLane

Curly Sue wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:49:03 -0700, JimLane >
> wrote:
>

>>Curly Sue wrote:
>>

>>>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:00:30 -0700, JimLane >
>>>wrote:

> <snip>

>>>Then what difference does it make that he's dead?
>>>
>>>Sue(tm)

>>So, you are braindead? It is about gossiping., Any words you don;t
>>understand?
>>jim

> Well, you can help us by explaining YOUR statement that follows,
> paying particular attention to the capitalized words:
>
> " Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip ABOUT THE
> DEAD?"
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Yep, did you read the follow-up as well? It is about the gossiping. Are
you one, Sue?

jim

Curly Sue

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:22:52 -0700, JimLane >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:49:03 -0700, JimLane >
>> wrote:

>> <snip>

>>>So, you are braindead? It is about gossiping., Any words you don;t
>>>understand?
>>>jim

>> Well, you can help us by explaining YOUR statement that follows,
>> paying particular attention to the capitalized words:
>>
>> " Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip ABOUT THE
>> DEAD?"
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>Yep, did you read the follow-up as well? It is about the gossiping. Are
>you one, Sue?

Heh, heh. You can't get out of it by bluster and insults. It's right
there for everyone to see. You had choices: you could have answered
my question in a reasonable manner or you could have ignored it.
Instead you chose the path of insults and in doing so backed yourself
into a corner.

You can go for the last word if you like, but the more you write, the
deeper you're digging. By all means, keep going.

Sue(tm)
Curly Sue

wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:49:03 -0700, JimLane >
>> wrote:

>> <snip>

>>>So, you are braindead? It is about gossiping., Any words you don;t
>>>understand?
>>>jim

>> Well, you can help us by explaining YOUR statement that follows,
>> paying particular attention to the capitalized words:
>>
>> " Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip ABOUT THE
>> DEAD?"
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>Yep, did you read the follow-up as well? It is about the gossiping. Are
>you one, Sue?

Heh, heh. You can't get out of it by bluster and insults. It's right
there for everyone to see. You had choices: you could have answered
my question in a reasonable manner or you could have ignored it.
Instead you chose the path of insults and in doing so backed yourself
into a corner.

You can go for the last word if you like, but the more you write, the
deeper you're digging. By all means, keep going.

Sue(tm)
sf

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:18:21 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

> Does dying mean you are absolved of all dirt ?

It depends on which religion you are or if you are
Christian, whether you believe God is forgiving or vengeful.

sf

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:18:21 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

> Does dying mean you are absolved of all dirt ?

It depends on which religion you are or if you are
Christian, whether you believe God is forgiving or vengeful.

JimLane

Curly Sue wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:22:52 -0700, JimLane >
> wrote:
>

>>Curly Sue wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>Well, you can help us by explaining YOUR statement that follows,
>>>paying particular attention to the capitalized words:
>>>
>>>" Not a chance, but why do you feel it necessary to gossip ABOUT THE
>>>DEAD?"
>>>
>>>Sue(tm)
>>>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>>Yep, did you read the follow-up as well? It is about the gossiping. Are
>>you one, Sue?
>>

> Heh, heh. You can't get out of it by bluster and insults. It's right
> there for everyone to see. You had choices: you could have answered
> my question in a reasonable manner or you could have ignored it.
> Instead you chose the path of insults and in doing so backed yourself
> into a corner.
>
> You can go for the last word if you like, but the more you write, the
> deeper you're digging. By all means, keep going.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Apres vous, I always yield to a lady.

jim

notbob

On 2004-07-14, JimLane > wrote: