TheAlligator

Default Jeff Smith the Frugal Gourmet - No Peace on this NG

Wayne > wrote:

>Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and cookbooks.
>Most agree that they were well-received.
>
>Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing diatribe
>on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not admissions of
>guilt.
>
>I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's now
>gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really doesn't matter
>anymore.

Thank God ... finally, the voice of reason. I think Lucretia must
have some latent issues that need tending to.
TheAlligator

Wayne > wrote:

>Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and cookbooks.
>Most agree that they were well-received.
>
>Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing diatribe
>on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not admissions of
>guilt.
>
>I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's now
>gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really doesn't matter
>anymore.

Thank God ... finally, the voice of reason. I think Lucretia must
have some latent issues that need tending to.
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Wayne" > wrote in message
> Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and cookbooks.
> Most agree that they were well-received.
>
> Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing diatribe
> on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not admissions of
> guilt.
>
> I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's now
> gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really doesn't

matter
> anymore.

Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group, you'll
find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven aspect of his
life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his failings as a human,
and chose to focus on his contributions to cooking. Ah, but the other is a
food/cooking group, while this is a kitchen table. I guess that is where
the difference lies.

FWIW, I will always have fond memories of watching his shows with my
parents. We would drool over whatever he was cooking and loved that he
often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Wayne" > wrote in message
> Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and cookbooks.
> Most agree that they were well-received.
>
> Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing diatribe
> on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not admissions of
> guilt.
>
> I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's now
> gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really doesn't

matter
> anymore.

Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group, you'll
find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven aspect of his
life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his failings as a human,
and chose to focus on his contributions to cooking. Ah, but the other is a
food/cooking group, while this is a kitchen table. I guess that is where
the difference lies.

FWIW, I will always have fond memories of watching his shows with my
parents. We would drool over whatever he was cooking and loved that he
often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.

rona

Wayne

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>> Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and
>> cookbooks. Most agree that they were well-received.
>>
>> Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing
>> diatribe on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not
>> admissions of guilt.
>>
>> I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's
>> now gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really
>> doesn't

> matter
>> anymore.
>>

> Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group,
> you'll find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven
> aspect of his life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his
> failings as a human, and chose to focus on his contributions to
> cooking. Ah, but the other is a food/cooking group, while this is a
> kitchen table. I guess that is where the difference lies.
>
> FWIW, I will always have fond memories of watching his shows with my
> parents. We would drool over whatever he was cooking and loved that
> he often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.
>
> rona

Yes, Rona, I've seen what you're talking about. I frequent both groups
and, while I enjoy both, I clearly see the differences.

OB Food: I made the Frug's French bread this afternoon.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Wayne

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>> Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and
>> cookbooks. Most agree that they were well-received.
>>
>> Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing
>> diatribe on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not
>> admissions of guilt.
>>
>> I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's
>> now gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really
>> doesn't

> matter
>> anymore.
>>

> Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group,
> you'll find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven
> aspect of his life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his
> failings as a human, and chose to focus on his contributions to
> cooking. Ah, but the other is a food/cooking group, while this is a
> kitchen table. I guess that is where the difference lies.
>
> FWIW, I will always have fond memories of watching his shows with my
> parents. We would drool over whatever he was cooking and loved that
> he often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.
>
> rona

Yes, Rona, I've seen what you're talking about. I frequent both groups
and, while I enjoy both, I clearly see the differences.

OB Food: I made the Frug's French bread this afternoon.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:05:39 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>
>>Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and
>>cookbooks. Most agree that they were well-received.
>>
>>Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing
>>diatribe on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not
>>admissions of guilt.

> This is Usenet. Calling and end to something only prolongs it.
>
> Besides, you keep posting in those threads, so why should people
> listen to someone who can't take their own advice?
>
> -sw

Where exactly did you read that I was calling an end to anything? I only
said there was little to be gained. You can be such an ass sometimes,
Steve.

I post where I see fit, just as you do, apparently. I have not posted
anything negative on this topic.

Why don't you just killfile me if you don't want to read what I write?
It would be much simpler.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:57:12 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>
>>> I said nothing about the quality of you or your posts, and I don't
>>> call people asses.

>>You've called people worse. And, no, don't demand that I prove it. I
>>wouldn't waste the time dredging up old posts.

> Because you can't. Other than calling Sheldon a moron/maroon (and
> maybe an AOL'er or random spammer), I don't call people names.

I wasn't going to look, but you left me no choice. You apparently don't
remember the following:

http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 02:06:58 GMT
>

> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Dear Dimitri:
>>
>> Thanks for writing back. The 'prime rib' is an accepted and
>> established name for a rib roast. The prime in the name does not
>> reflect the grade of the meat. You can buy rib roasts that are USDA
>> Choice, USDA Prime, or graded by the store.
>> Sincerely,
>> Meat and Poultry Hotline

> Does this mean I can take my head out of my ass now?
>
> Asshole.
>
> -sw
>

>>> Maybe you should be the one killfiling me since you're so uptight
>>> about it.

>>Oh, definitely not. You're much too much fun to "watch"!

> <shrug> can't get enough of me, eh?
>
> -sw

I like most of what you post.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:57:12 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>
>>> I said nothing about the quality of you or your posts, and I don't
>>> call people asses.

>>You've called people worse. And, no, don't demand that I prove it. I
>>wouldn't waste the time dredging up old posts.

> Because you can't. Other than calling Sheldon a moron/maroon (and
> maybe an AOL'er or random spammer), I don't call people names.

I wasn't going to look, but you left me no choice. You apparently don't
remember the following:

> From: Steve Wertz >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Subject: Prime Rib Roast - The official word -FYI
http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 02:06:58 GMT
>

> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Dear Dimitri:
>>
>> Thanks for writing back. The 'prime rib' is an accepted and
>> established name for a rib roast. The prime in the name does not
>> reflect the grade of the meat. You can buy rib roasts that are USDA
>> Choice, USDA Prime, or graded by the store.
>> Sincerely,
>> Meat and Poultry Hotline

> Does this mean I can take my head out of my ass now?
>
> Asshole.
>
> -sw
>

>>> Maybe you should be the one killfiling me since you're so uptight
>>> about it.

>>Oh, definitely not. You're much too much fun to "watch"!

> <shrug> can't get enough of me, eh?
>
> -sw

I like most of what you post.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
The Hacketts

"Wayne" > wrote in message
: Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and
cookbooks.
: Most agree that they were well-received.
:
: Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a
continuing diatribe
: on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not
admissions of
: guilt.
:
: I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that
he's now
: gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really
doesn't matter
: anymore.
:
: --
: Wayne in Phoenix
=========

Well said Wayne. Well said.

--
Cyndi
(participating this year at:

Christine Dabney

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:50:41 +0900, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"

>Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group, you'll
>find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven aspect of his
>life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his failings as a human,
>and chose to focus on his contributions to cooking. Ah, but the other is a
>food/cooking group, while this is a kitchen table. I guess that is where
>the difference lies.

Yes, that was on eGullet. It was a relief to go there and see how
people were talking about his contributions to their cooking
knowledge, and how they learned to approach food, from his programs.
A real joy to read.

Christine
Christine Dabney

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:50:41 +0900, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"

>Interestingly, if you head on over to another on-line food group, you'll
>find just one poster who insists on focusing on an unproven aspect of his
>life. The others of the 40-50+ posters accepted his failings as a human,
>and chose to focus on his contributions to cooking. Ah, but the other is a
>food/cooking group, while this is a kitchen table. I guess that is where
>the difference lies.

Yes, that was on eGullet. It was a relief to go there and see how
people were talking about his contributions to their cooking
knowledge, and how they learned to approach food, from his programs.
A real joy to read.

Christine
Gtwy4cb

> he often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.

And he HATED tuna casserole!

Gtwy4cb

> he often cooked foods that were not usually seen on cooking shows.

And he HATED tuna casserole!

hahabogus

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> how they learned to approach food, from his programs.

I just walk up and say..."Hello Food, I'm going to eat you." Works every
time.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

The Hacketts

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
: Christine Dabney > wrote in
: :
:
: > how they learned to approach food, from his programs.
: >
:
: I just walk up and say..."Hello Food, I'm going to eat you."
Works every
: time.
:
: --
:============

SNORT!!!

--
Cyndi
(participating this year at:
http://www.heartwalk.kintera.org/2004polkFL )

Scott

In article >,
hahabogus > wrote:

> Christine Dabney > wrote in
> :
>
> > how they learned to approach food, from his programs.
> >

> I just walk up and say..."Hello Food, I'm going to eat you." Works every
> time.

Wasn't that from the Honeymooners?

Ralph and Norton learning golf.
Ralph: "First, Norton, you must address the ball."
Norton: "Hello, ball!"

please mail OT responses only
sf

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:26:35 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

> Yes, that was on eGullet.

eGullet.com?

sf

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:52:35 GMT, hahabogus
> wrote:

> I just walk up and say..."Hello Food, I'm going to eat you." Works every
> time.

Ah, the practical approach.

sf

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:53:15 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:30:08 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>
> >I wasn't going to look, but you left me no choice. You apparently don't
> >remember the following:

> Two years ago. OK, I guess I'm busted. I've, uh - grown up since
> then. Yeah - that's it (note that I was returning the comment at
> the time, though - fair is fair).

That's sooo true! You're a very different and likeable
person these days.

> >I like most of what you post.

> You bimbo! ;-)

and I like you both, now stop squabbling.

Ferrante

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:05:39 GMT, Wayne > wrote:

>Little further needs to be said about the Frug's TV show and cookbooks.
>Most agree that they were well-received.
>
>Now that he's gone, there's little to be gained from a continuing diatribe
>on unproven accusations. Out-of-court settlements are not admissions of
>guilt.
>
>I'm sorry that he was in ill health for so long, and sorry that he's now
>gone. I can't/won't offer a further opinion since it really doesn't matter
>anymore.

Well put. Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

I think that maybe in a small way, we are all better cooks or lovers
of cooking after having seen him and his shows.

Mark Anthony Ferrante
Wayne

sf > wrote in
news
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:26:35 -0700, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>> Yes, that was on eGullet.

> eGullet.com?

Yep, the same.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:53:15 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:30:08 GMT, Wayne > wrote:
>>
>> >I wasn't going to look, but you left me no choice. You apparently
>> >don't remember the following:

>> Two years ago. OK, I guess I'm busted. I've, uh - grown up since
>> then. Yeah - that's it (note that I was returning the comment at
>> the time, though - fair is fair).
>>

> That's sooo true! You're a very different and likeable
> person these days.
>
>> >I like most of what you post.

>> You bimbo! ;-)
>>

> and I like you both, now stop squabbling.

Aw, we're just bantering. :-)

I like you, too!