Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default "meat" substitutes

Hi, new here. Sorry if this question has been done to death here, but I am
transitioning into total vegedom, I like to cook, and would like to hear any
or all opinions concerning soy/rice/whatever meat substitutes. I love the
Chinese style faux meats a lot, especially the mock duck, pork..I am looking
for any places in the So Cal area, or shipped if this is feasible.Thanks for
any help, c

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Stig wrote:
> Hi, new here. Sorry if this question has been done to death here, but I am
> transitioning into total vegedom, I like to cook, and would like to hear any
> or all opinions concerning soy/rice/whatever meat substitutes. I love the
> Chinese style faux meats a lot, especially the mock duck, pork..I am looking
> for any places in the So Cal area, or shipped if this is feasible.Thanks for
> any help, c

If you like to cook, you might find my website handy.

http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

It's got links to hundreds of free online vegetarian recipe sites.

I used to know a Stig in Toronto years ago. You're not him, are you?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> I used to know a Stig in Toronto years ago. You're not him, are you?
>Sorry, though I did marry a Toronto girl many years ago..c

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:11:00 -0700, "Stig" > wrote:

>Hi, new here. Sorry if this question has been done to death here, but I am
>transitioning into total vegedom, I like to cook, and would like to hear any
>or all opinions concerning soy/rice/whatever meat substitutes.

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

Here we see plowing:
http://tinyurl.com/8fmxe

and here harrowing:
http://tinyurl.com/zqr2v

both of which kill animals by crushing, mutilation, suffocation,
and exposing them to predators. We can see that planting
kills in similar ways:
http://tinyurl.com/k6sku

and killing with insecticides should be apparent even to you:
http://tinyurl.com/ew2j5

Harvesting kills of course by crushing and mutilation, and
it also removes the surviving animals' food and exposes
them to predators:
http://tinyurl.com/otp5l

In the case of rice there's additional killing as well caused
by flooding:
http://tinyurl.com/qhqx3

and later by draining after a new environment is established,
then destroyed before harvest:
http://tinyurl.com/mte43

Please explain how you think cattle eating grass:
http://tinyurl.com/q7whm
could cause anywhere near as much suffering and death.