Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
popo

Default Guidance for Transition to Vegan

Can anyone suggest a Website that can get me started.

I have tthe two following. I would hate to follow the info and end up
vitamin dificient or ill.

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...sDrGreger.html

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...nDrGreger.html

Thanks in advance

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
Steve

popo wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a Website that can get me started.
>
> I have tthe two following. I would hate to follow the info and end up
> vitamin dificient or ill.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...sDrGreger.html
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...nDrGreger.html

Those are my sites. I would say read each of the brief articles on the
parent url ( see my sig ).

The vegan diet is not a dangerous diet, in fact quite the reverse. It
is probably more safe and nutritionally complete than the standard
american diet.

You just need to know 2-3 things.

These are also good starter sites:
http://www.tryveg.com
http://www.veganhealth.org
http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
rick

"Steve" > wrote in
message ...
> popo wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a Website that can get me started.
>>
>> I have tthe two following. I would hate to follow the info and
>> end up
>> vitamin dificient or ill.
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...sDrGreger.html
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...nDrGreger.html

> Those are my sites. I would say read each of the brief
> articles on the
> parent url ( see my sig ).
>
> The vegan diet is not a dangerous diet, in fact quite the
> reverse. It
> is probably more safe and nutritionally complete than the
> standard
> american diet.

======================
Describe for us this 'standard american diet'

#1 being that it can kill you....

> These are also good starter sites:
> http://www.tryveg.com
> http://www.veganhealth.org
> http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack
>

> Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> shopping mall"

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
Leif's Smarter Brother

rick wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in
> message ...
> > popo wrote:
> >> Can anyone suggest a Website that can get me started.
> >>
> >> I have tthe two following. I would hate to follow the info and
> >> end up
> >> vitamin dificient or ill.
> >>
> >> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...sDrGreger.html
> >>
> >> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...nDrGreger.html

> > Those are my sites. I would say read each of the brief
> > articles on the
> > parent url ( see my sig ).
> >
> > The vegan diet is not a dangerous diet, in fact quite the
> > reverse. It
> > is probably more safe and nutritionally complete than the
> > standard
> > american diet.

> ======================
> Describe for us this 'standard american diet'
>

> > You just need to know 2-3 things.

> ======================
> #1 being that it can kill you....

Yeh ricky, every day in the paper we read the obits and find people
died of veganism.

Pull your nipplehead hat on a little tighter.

> > These are also good starter sites:
> > http://www.tryveg.com
> > http://www.veganhealth.org
> > http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack
> >

> > Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> > http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
> >
> > "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> > unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> > shopping mall"

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
Dave

Steve wrote:
> popo wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a Website that can get me started.
> >
> > I have tthe two following. I would hate to follow the info and end up
> > vitamin dificient or ill.
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...sDrGreger.html
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...nDrGreger.html

> Those are my sites. I would say read each of the brief articles on the
> parent url ( see my sig ).
>
> The vegan diet is not a dangerous diet, in fact quite the reverse. It
> is probably more safe and nutritionally complete than the standard
> american diet.
>
> You just need to know 2-3 things.
>
> These are also good starter sites:
> http://www.tryveg.com
> http://www.veganhealth.org
> http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack

Also http://www.vegansociety.com/html/food/nutrition/
looks useful to me, as a layman.

> Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> shopping mall"

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
rick

"dumb as a rock" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Steve" > wrote in
>> message ...

>> > Those are my sites. I would say read each of the brief
>> > articles on the
>> > parent url ( see my sig ).
>> >
>> > The vegan diet is not a dangerous diet, in fact quite the
>> > reverse. It
>> > is probably more safe and nutritionally complete than the
>> > standard
>> > american diet.

>> ======================
>> Describe for us this 'standard american diet'
>>

>> > You just need to know 2-3 things.

>> ======================
>> #1 being that it can kill you....

> Yeh ricky, every day in the paper we read the obits and find
> people
> died of veganism.
>
> Pull your nipplehead hat on a little tighter.

=========================
Thanks for proving your willful ignorance and delusions,
killer....

>> > These are also good starter sites:
>> > http://www.tryveg.com
>> > http://www.veganhealth.org
>> > http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack
>> >

>> > Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
>> > http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>> >
>> > "The great American thought trap: It is not real
>> > unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
>> > shopping mall"

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
Rob

Yes, I have a good site. It is http://www.beyondveg.com/

Amust read before considering veganism or vegetarianism, for that
matter.

Rob

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
PoPo Girl

I appreciate the sites and advice all of you offered.

Thank you

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
D.E.

"Rob" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Yes, I have a good site. It is http://www.beyondveg.com/
>
> Amust read before considering veganism or vegetarianism, for that
> matter.
>
> Rob

What a bunch of bull, I haven`t lost weight, actually I have gone fatter.
I have no cholesterol problems, actually my blood is A okay.Even as I am
pretty much overweight, the doctor was amazed. ;o)
Yes, I have high bloodpressure, but that is a family affliction, so more
genetically a problem. (and a small amount of medication resolved that,
an even smaller amount then I should have taken considering my weight.
Again the doctor was amazed ;o) )

So please stop using the hippie story, they have moved on and a lot
of vegetarians weren`t born in that era.
I even was a Vegan for about 2.5 years, but I am a milk addict (No joke
;o) )
(only nonfat milk) allthough I don`t drink a lot of it I need some everyday
or
I get grouchy.(and a grizzly is nice compared to me then ;o) )
But a Vegetarian diet, no problem with that, it worked out fine.

Posted to rec.food.veg,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.food.vegan
Rob

"What a bunch of bull, I haven`t lost weight, actually I have gone
fatter."

To whom are you responding?

Rob