Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

Default It's been fun

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:etSjf.7585$Gd6.3905@pd7tw3no...

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote
> > "Dutch" > wrote

> > Are you getting enough fiber in your
> > diet? You sound constipated, grouchy
> > and insulting.

> My diet is excellent, especially since I stopped following that stupid,
> irrational rule against using animal products. Tonight for dinner I had

baby
> potatoes, turnip, steamed greens and a roasted free-range chicken.
>
> As far as insulting, if the truth insults you, that's not my fault.

You're here to insult, not to tell
the truth. Good riddance to you.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"Dave" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > "Dave" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> > > It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> > > to them
> > > if you wish.
> > > http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> > Thanks for the link. I took a look
> > and I don't really like the format.
> > It's been a pleasure reading the
> > groups through Outlook Express.
> > I can organize the threads the way
> > I want, and it's easy to see what's
> > been read or not. I can subscribe
> > to groups from an alphabetical
> > rather than topic-based lists. So
> > I won't continue through Google,
> > but thanks for telling me about it
> > anyways.

> Fair enough. Pay no attention to Dutch because there
> is no reason for you to put up with a format you don't like.
> Hope to see you back one day.

Thanks, maybe I'll be back.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"useless pus-speck" > wrote in message
news
> Carless agoraphobic pothead Skanky whined:
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet

> You mean either "its." "It's" is a contraction of "it has" or "it is;"
> the apostrophe isn't used in in the possessive form for "it."
> http://www.writingcenter.emory.edu/its.html

Wow, are you ever anal about
spelling, typos, and grammar.
Maybe when you grow up, you
can study to become an English
teacher.

> > in 2 weeks.

> Good, only two more weeks of your retarded posts!
>
> > I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service.

> Can't afford C$15/month, Skanky? Hard enough to make ends meet when
> you're a dope-smoking, car-less, agoraphobic shut in with a low-budget
> website, eh.

Low budget website??? That's a
new one. WTF are you talking about?
It's a very average site. Like millions
of other people's sites, I simply pay for
hosting and put up my webpages there.
What is the high budget website that you
infer by saying mine is low-budget?
Show me your website, Useless. Show
it to me now. If you want to complain
about mine, show me that you've done
better. Show it as a farewell gift to me
(and for the amusement of all).

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > Bye

> Why are you bidding adieu two weeks ahead of schedule? Too bad you'll
> likely continue to annoy us with your disingenuous, passivist prattle in
> the interim. Just like Dreck and Karen (like you, two unaccomplished,
> disingenuous passivists; bad things happen in threes?), you'll probably
> return continually after saying farewell for the umpteenth time -- just
> a pathetic cry for attention from a 43 year-old forever stuck
> emotionally in her adolescence.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"Dave" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
>> > to them
>> > if you wish.
>> > http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

>> Thanks for the link. I took a look
>> and I don't really like the format.
>> It's been a pleasure reading the
>> groups through Outlook Express.
>> I can organize the threads the way
>> I want, and it's easy to see what's
>> been read or not. I can subscribe
>> to groups from an alphabetical
>> rather than topic-based lists. So
>> I won't continue through Google,
>> but thanks for telling me about it
>> anyways.

> Fair enough. Pay no attention to Dutch because there
> is no reason for you to put up with a format you don't like.
> Hope to see you back one day.

Of course there's a reason, it's free and there is NO alternative.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"S. Maizlich" > wrote
> Seeker wrote:

>> Yes, the Canadian Injustice System just today let a serious sex offender
>> out onto the streets of our community who has about 80 convictions for
>> violence against children and seniors. Somehow the government is not
>> reflecting the wishes of the Canadian people though, nobody approves of
>> this.

> In some sense, although less of a sense than in the U.S., Canadians *do*
> approve of this. Canada is a modern democracy, and your judges are not
> imposed on you by some autocrat whom you didn't elect.

Judges are appointed and live in a world that NOBODY else understands or
approves of. Technically, indirectly, we approved the people who appointed
them, but they still go WAAAY to easy on criminals.

> The sense in which Canadians didn't necessarily approve of this outcome is
> that Canadians are just characteristically more accepting of Big
> Government than are Americans. There a stronger sense up there that if
> the state (executive/legislative/judicial) decides something it must be
> right, because They Know What's Best.

That's not a sentiment that I have any sense exists. What *is* mostly absent
in Canada is the idea that government is wholly illegitimate and exists
primarily to suppress the freedom of the people. Canadians mostly feel that
government is made up of human beings who are seduced by power and
self-interest and ultimately are just incompetent to rule.

In the U.S., there's a much stronger
> streak of "throw the ****ers out!"

I see the election of the current American adminstration as contradicting
that rule.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

"S. Maizlich" > wrote
> Seeker wrote:

>> I think she's on the dole too, she posts at 11 PM PST and later on
>> weekdays, meaning it's 3AM in Toronto.

> We've discussed that at length here quite a while back. I'm certain she
> receives some form of public assistance (but then, who in Canada doesn't?)

Government medical insurance? I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to be
proud of the American medical system.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:32:53 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:

>"S. Maizlich" > wrote
>> Seeker wrote:

>>> I think she's on the dole too, she posts at 11 PM PST and later on
>>> weekdays, meaning it's 3AM in Toronto.

>> We've discussed that at length here quite a while back. I'm certain she
>> receives some form of public assistance (but then, who in Canada doesn't?)

>Government medical insurance? I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to be
>proud of the American medical system.

One example of that.
Friend of mine went in for a check up- concerned over shortness of
breath, and fatigue while walking. Doc took x-rays. Immediately he
told my friend to check himself in for major heart bypass surgery.
This was performed within days. Friend was out of hospital a month
later. All he's paying for now I believe is the ongoing blood pressure
medication.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:26:55 GMT, "S. Maizlich"
> wrote:

>Here's what he wrote in reply:
>
> I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
> Canadians want to give people a second chance more
> than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
> This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
> Texas, without a doubt.

Not really.... nothing's for certain-even in Texas. Remember a few
years back that woman that deliberately drowned her kids by rolling
her car in the river - Susan Smith[?]. One would think that was
without a doubt an 'execution deserving' crime.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>Always the polite one, aren't you.

>>Get the **** out of here, you worthless marginal.

> I won't miss you Rudy Doody.

He won't miss you, either, particularly since you're *not* leaving full
stop. You've given so many loopholes to your impending departure that I
doubt it'll be long-lasting.

> But I did have fun putting you in your
> place.

When did you do that? By my score, and I admit I stopped counting when
you showed how ineffectual you are at stating and supporting your own
points (e.g., like how "killing animals is wrong" pathetically became
"killing animals is mostly wrong" when it was demonstrated how your
consumption causes animals to die). You sure as hell did nothing to dent
anyone else's arguments, just your own.

Go to your room, you shut-in carless agoraphobic pothead.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky whined:
>>>I'm not going to continue through
>>>Google. I don't like the format.

>>Waaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>

>>>So this is goodbye,

>>Promise?
>>
>>>unless enough
>>>people complain to my ISP and they
>>>bring usenet back again or
>>>something like that.

>>Have you complained to them, you passivist retard?

> Good riddance

That would be no. Passivist whiner.

> Useless Pus-speck.

You've recovered Dreck's lamest ever effort at name-calling. It's as
childish as it was back when he used it. I've been called worse by eight
year-olds. Retard.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky whined: >>>Are you getting enough fiber in your
>>>diet? You sound constipated, grouchy
>>>and insulting.

>>My diet is excellent, especially since I stopped following that stupid,
>>irrational rule against using animal products. Tonight for dinner I had

> baby
>
>>potatoes, turnip, steamed greens and a roasted free-range chicken.
>>
>>As far as insulting, if the truth insults you, that's not my fault.

> You're here to insult

He told you the truth. You're upset because the truth hurts. Don't shoot
the messenger.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>Thanks for the link. I took a look
>>>and I don't really like the format.
>>>It's been a pleasure reading the
>>>groups through Outlook Express.
>>>I can organize the threads the way
>>>I want, and it's easy to see what's
>>>been read or not. I can subscribe
>>>to groups from an alphabetical
>>>rather than topic-based lists. So
>>>I won't continue through Google,
>>>but thanks for telling me about it
>>>anyways.

>>Fair enough. Pay no attention to Dutch because there
>>is no reason for you to put up with a format you don't like.
>>Hope to see you back one day.

> Thanks, maybe I'll be back.

IOW, this whole thread is your pathetic effort to get some sympathy and
attention. Waaaaaa...
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Carless agoraphobic pothead Skanky whined:
>>>My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet

>>You mean either "its." "It's" is a contraction of "it has" or "it is;"
>>the apostrophe isn't used in in the possessive form for "it."
>>http://www.writingcenter.emory.edu/its.html

> Wow

Not surprising that you're so astonished.

>>>in 2 weeks.

>>Good, only two more weeks of your retarded posts!
>>

>>>I won't be turning to giganews
>>>or any other paid usenet service.

>>Can't afford C$15/month, Skanky? Hard enough to make ends meet when
>>you're a dope-smoking, car-less, agoraphobic shut in with a low-budget
>>website, eh.

> Low budget website???

Yes.

> That's a new one. WTF are you talking about?

Your site is cheesy.

> It's a very average site.

Below average, actually.

> Like millions
> of other people's sites, I simply pay for
> hosting and put up my webpages there.

Exactly -- with all that time on your hands, you've only turned out a
half-assed effort. That's par for your course. You're a slacker and
you'll only ever do what you absolutely have to. And even then, you'll
make excuses to get out of doing things responsibly -- such as when you
say "killing animals is wrong" but then refuse to stop doing things that
kill them. Lazy hypocrite.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:

>>>We've discussed that at length here quite a while back. I'm certain she
>>>receives some form of public assistance (but then, who in Canada doesn't?)

>>Government medical insurance? I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to be
>>proud of the American medical system.
>>

> One example of that.
> Friend of mine went in for a check up- concerned over shortness of
> breath, and fatigue while walking. Doc took x-rays. Immediately he
> told my friend to check himself in for major heart bypass surgery.
> This was performed within days. Friend was out of hospital a month
> later. All he's paying for now I believe is the ongoing blood pressure
> medication.

He's also been paying taxes and/or insurance premiums his adult life; if
not, someone else has been. Stop the bullshit that it's "free" or that
the US government doesn't pick up enough of a tab on health care costs
(according to WHO, Canada spends 16.2% of government revenue on health
care; the UK spends 15.4%; the US spends 17.6%). It isn't free in
Canada, the UK, or anywhere else. If anything, "free" socialized health
care is overrated, creates waiting lists (many Canadians still come to
the US for care) and rationing of services, etc.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/hl856.cfm
http://www.newstarget.com/006985.html
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:26:55 GMT, "S. Maizlich"
> > wrote:
>

>>Here's what he wrote in reply:
>>
>> I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
>> Canadians want to give people a second chance more
>> than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
>> This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
>> Texas, without a doubt.

> Not really.... nothing's for certain-even in Texas. Remember a few
> years back that woman that deliberately drowned her kids by rolling
> her car in the river - Susan Smith[?]. One would think that was
> without a doubt an 'execution deserving' crime.

Susan Smith was in South Carolina, not Texas.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...
> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> > > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > > to all the nutbars.
> > >
> > > --
> > > SN
> > > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
> > Hopefully we'll see you back here.

> Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back, if I can
> find an Outlook Express compatible
> source out there. I'll try googling as
> you suggest, and maybe I'll get lucky.

Hi Scented, No need to take off because
of your ISP. Here's a free service:

'Tera News provides free uncensored, unlogged,
NNTP news server access to all newsgroups,
including all of the binary newsgroups.

No censorship
No logging of your reading
No throttling of your download speed
Anonymous posting
Firewall counter measures
UNLIMITED POSTING!
And best of all, it'sFREE*!!!

Yes, we are offering commercial quality Usenet news
access absolutely FREE*. Click on the 'Create
Account' button to create your own free account.
You receive direct NNTP access to our lightning
fast servers, news.teranews.com and free.teranews.com
(for 50MB/day users). You can use any standard news
client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup.
If you don't have a news client yet check out our
NNTP client page.
http://www.teranews.com/

Or, check out:
http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> > > There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
> > > Hopefully we'll see you back here.

> > Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back, if I can
> > find an Outlook Express compatible
> > source out there. I'll try googling as
> > you suggest, and maybe I'll get lucky.

> Hi Scented, No need to take off because
> of your ISP. Here's a free service:
>
> 'Tera News provides free uncensored, unlogged,
> NNTP news server access to all newsgroups,
> including all of the binary newsgroups.
>
> No censorship
> No logging of your reading
> No throttling of your download speed
> Anonymous posting
> Firewall counter measures
> UNLIMITED POSTING!
> And best of all, it'sFREE*!!!
> ..
>
> Yes, we are offering commercial quality Usenet news
> access absolutely FREE*. Click on the 'Create
> Account' button to create your own free account.
> You receive direct NNTP access to our lightning
> fast servers, news.teranews.com and free.teranews.com
> (for 50MB/day users). You can use any standard news
> client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup.
> If you don't have a news client yet check out our
> NNTP client page.
> ..
> http://www.teranews.com/
>
> Or, check out:
> http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

Thanks, but even for their free service
they want my credit card info. I don't
like the idea of giving that out over the
net. Especially for something that's
supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
good otherwise.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
S. Maizlich

Scented Nectar wrote:

> "pearl" > wrote in message

>>>Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back, if I can
>>>find an Outlook Express compatible
>>>source out there. I'll try googling as
>>>you suggest, and maybe I'll get lucky.

>>Hi Scented, No need to take off because
>>of your ISP. Here's a free service:
>>
>>'Tera News provides free uncensored, unlogged,
>>NNTP news server access to all newsgroups,
>>including all of the binary newsgroups.
>>
>>No censorship
>>No logging of your reading
>>No throttling of your download speed
>>Anonymous posting
>>Firewall counter measures
>>UNLIMITED POSTING!
>>And best of all, it'sFREE*!!!
>>..
>>
>>Yes, we are offering commercial quality Usenet news
>>access absolutely FREE*. Click on the 'Create
>>Account' button to create your own free account.
>>You receive direct NNTP access to our lightning
>>fast servers, news.teranews.com and free.teranews.com
>>(for 50MB/day users). You can use any standard news
>>client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup.
>>If you don't have a news client yet check out our
>>NNTP client page.
>>..
>>http://www.teranews.com/
>>
>>Or, check out:
>>http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

> Thanks, but even for their free service
> they want my credit card info. I don't
> like the idea of giving that out over the
> net.

Send it to me in private e-mail. I'll safeguard it.

> Especially for something that's
> supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
> good otherwise.

Excuse after excuse after excuse...

Just stop posting NOW. You don't have anything
meaningful to say, and never did.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"S. Maizlich" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:

> >>Hi Scented, No need to take off because
> >>of your ISP. Here's a free service:
> >>
> >>'Tera News provides free uncensored, unlogged,
> >>NNTP news server access to all newsgroups,
> >>including all of the binary newsgroups.
> >>
> >>No censorship
> >>No logging of your reading
> >>No throttling of your download speed
> >>Anonymous posting
> >>Firewall counter measures
> >>UNLIMITED POSTING!
> >>And best of all, it'sFREE*!!!
> >>..
> >>
> >>Yes, we are offering commercial quality Usenet news
> >>access absolutely FREE*. Click on the 'Create
> >>Account' button to create your own free account.
> >>You receive direct NNTP access to our lightning
> >>fast servers, news.teranews.com and free.teranews.com
> >>(for 50MB/day users). You can use any standard news
> >>client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup.
> >>If you don't have a news client yet check out our
> >>NNTP client page.
> >>..
> >>http://www.teranews.com/
> >>
> >>Or, check out:
> >>http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

> > Thanks, but even for their free service
> > they want my credit card info. I don't
> > like the idea of giving that out over the
> > net.

> Send it to me in private e-mail. I'll safeguard it.
>

> > Especially for something that's
> > supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
> > good otherwise.

> Excuse after excuse after excuse...
>
> Just stop posting NOW. You don't have anything
> meaningful to say, and never did.

Good riddance, Goo.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 01:09:42 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>He's also been paying taxes and/or insurance premiums his adult life; if
>not, someone else has been. Stop the bullshit that it's "free"

True enough it's not free. But it certainly feels that way when one is
in such a case like his.
>care is overrated, creates waiting lists (many Canadians still come to
>the US for care) and rationing of services, etc.

Not too many really. Only the wealthy can pursue that course. The rest
of us can't afford it - we're paying in part for the 'free' health
care

>http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/hl856.cfm
>http://www.newstarget.com/006985.html

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 01:10:10 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>Joe wrote:
>.....Remember a few
>> years back that woman that deliberately drowned her kids by rolling
>> her car in the river - Susan Smith[

>Susan Smith was in South Carolina, not Texas.

Thanks for the correction.
Memory getting fuzzy - getting older.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...
> "pearl" > wrote in message

<..>
> > http://www.teranews.com/
> >
> > Or, check out:
> > http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

> Thanks, but even for their free service
> they want my credit card info. I don't
> like the idea of giving that out over the
> net. Especially for something that's
> supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
> good otherwise.

That sux.

However, click on news.readfreenews.net
at the second link, and see what happens....

You're not getting away from us that easily.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> > "pearl" > wrote in message

> <..>
> > > http://www.teranews.com/
> > >
> > > Or, check out:
> > > http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/nntpserv.php

> > Thanks, but even for their free service
> > they want my credit card info. I don't
> > like the idea of giving that out over the
> > net. Especially for something that's
> > supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
> > good otherwise.

> That sux.
>
> However, click on news.readfreenews.net
> at the second link, and see what happens....
>
> You're not getting away from us that easily.

Ah huh!! That list looks good. I think
you're right. I may be sticking around.
I'll try a couple of them today. I don't
know why I didn't click the second link
the first time you posted. I must have
been too caught up in being mad
about the first one needing a credit
card number. Thanks again.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Slacking Skanky wrote:
> Ah huh!! That list looks good. I think
> you're right. I may be sticking around.

And waste another meaningless year of your meaningless life.

> I'll try a couple of them today. I don't
> know why I didn't click the second link
> the first time you posted. I must have
> been too caught up in being mad
> about the first one needing a credit
> card number.

You don't have a credit card, slacker.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky whined:

> Thanks, but even for their free service
> they want my credit card info.

You don't have a credit card, slacker. You need an income above and
beyond welfare to have one.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...
> "pearl" > wrote in message
> > "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> > > "pearl" > wrote in message

> > <..>

> > > Thanks, but even for their free service
> > > they want my credit card info. I don't
> > > like the idea of giving that out over the
> > > net. Especially for something that's
> > > supposed to be free. Oh well, looked
> > > good otherwise.

> > That sux.
> >
> > However, click on news.readfreenews.net
> > at the second link, and see what happens....
> >
> > You're not getting away from us that easily.
> >

> Ah huh!! That list looks good. I think
> you're right. I may be sticking around.
> I'll try a couple of them today. I don't
> know why I didn't click the second link
> the first time you posted. I must have
> been too caught up in being mad
> about the first one needing a credit
> card number. Thanks again.

Terrific. .

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> > > <..>

> > > That sux.
> > >
> > > However, click on news.readfreenews.net
> > > at the second link, and see what happens....
> > >
> > > You're not getting away from us that easily.
> > >

> > Ah huh!! That list looks good. I think
> > you're right. I may be sticking around.
> > I'll try a couple of them today. I don't
> > know why I didn't click the second link
> > the first time you posted. I must have
> > been too caught up in being mad
> > about the first one needing a credit
> > card number. Thanks again.

> Terrific. .

So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
They download, but they won't let me
post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Skanky whined:
>
> > Thanks, but even for their free service
> > they want my credit card info.

> You don't have a credit card, slacker. You need an income above and
> beyond welfare to have one.

Still fishing to the very end, eh
Useless Pus-speck?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...
> "pearl" > wrote in message

> > > Ah huh!! That list looks good. I think
> > > you're right. I may be sticking around.
> > > I'll try a couple of them today. I don't
> > > know why I didn't click the second link
> > > the first time you posted. I must have
> > > been too caught up in being mad
> > > about the first one needing a credit
> > > card number. Thanks again.

> > Terrific. .

> So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
> They download, but they won't let me
> post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

No way. I'll check it out too...

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
>>He's also been paying taxes and/or insurance premiums his adult life; if
>>not, someone else has been. Stop the bullshit that it's "free"

> True enough it's not free. But it certainly feels that way when one is
> in such a case like his.

It doesn't matter how it "feels" -- it isn't free.

>>care is overrated, creates waiting lists (many Canadians still come to
>>the US for care) and rationing of services, etc.

> Not too many really.

On Jan. 18, 2003, the Canadian Press carried the headline, “Send
cancer patients to U.S., Alberta MDs urge.” The story begins,
“Breast-cancer patients whose wait to see a specialist has
jumped up to eight weeks from less than four should be sent out
of province for treatment, the president of the Alberta Medical
Association says....”

[i]t isn’t against the law for Canadians to cross the U.S.
border and pay for care they can’t get in Canada. In fact, the
U.S. has become the safety valve for a foreign health care
system that would implode economically and politically without
access to U.S. doctors, hospitals and drugs.

On Jan. 16, 2000, the New York Times titled a story, “Full
Hospitals Make Canadians Wait and Look South.” The article
concludes: “As a result, Canada has moved informally to a
two-tier, public-private system. Although private practice is
limited to dentists and veterinarians, 90 percent of Canadians
live within 100 miles of the United States, and many people are
crossing the border for private care.”
http://www.usanext.org/full_story.cf...&category_id=5

See also:
http://www.pacificresearch.org/press...3-10-17sp.html

> Only the wealthy can pursue that course.

I concede it takes means to be able to pay medical bills, but I also
doubt that desperation for urgent care takes a back seat to wealth.

> The rest of us can't afford it -

I doubt you'd wait for "free care" if you're too concerned to wait to
see a specialist or have a procedure which is back-logged.

> we're paying in part for the 'free' health
> care

Not in part, in *whole*. You're also getting less and less for it as
costs rise, as doctors flee for more profitable environs, etc. Were it
not for the administrative costs (i.e., trying to cover everyone's ass
from trial lawyers) associated with US health care, we would have a less
expensive system with better benefits than Canada has.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Skanky whined:
>>>Thanks, but even for their free service
>>>they want my credit card info.

>>You don't have a credit card, slacker. You need an income above and
>>beyond welfare to have one.

> Still fishing

No fishing reqired, Skanky. You're a carless, unambitious, dope-smoking
wastrel -- not the kind of person companies would extend credit.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
S. Maizlich

Scented Nectar wrote:

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>Skanky whined:
>>

>>>Thanks, but even for their free service
>>>they want my credit card info.

>>You don't have a credit card, slacker. You need an income above and
>>beyond welfare to have one.

> Still fishing

No fishing. No car. No credit card. Dead-end job.
Public assistance recipient.

ALL established.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...

> So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
> They download, but they won't let me
> post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

Ok... looks like those are 'read only'.

I'm looking here- http://www.disenter.com/ .

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

pearl wrote:
>>So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
>>They download, but they won't let me
>>post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

> Ok... looks like those are 'read only'.
>
> I'm looking here- http://www.disenter.com/ .

Have you asked yourself why you're having to do all the "free usenet"
work for her? She's a lazy whiner. You're only enabling her, Les.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Skanky whined:
> >>
> >>You don't have a credit card, slacker. You need an income above and
> >>beyond welfare to have one.

> > Still fishing

> No fishing reqired, Skanky. You're a carless, unambitious, dope-smoking
> wastrel -- not the kind of person companies would extend credit.

Good riddance Useless. And by the
way, where's that website of yours?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

"pearl" > wrote in message ...
> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message ...
>
> > So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
> > They download, but they won't let me
> > post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

> Ok... looks like those are 'read only'.
>
> I'm looking here- http://www.disenter.com/ .

Nope. I've tried five. It's harder than I thought.

Scented, as a very long shot.. try mine -
set an account with news.iol.ie ...
(Tools - Accounts - Add ... )

Good luck. I'll keep looking.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:41:05 GMT, "S. Maizlich"
> wrote:

>In some sense, although less of a sense than in the
>U.S., Canadians *do* approve of this. Canada is a
>modern democracy, and your judges are not imposed on
>you by some autocrat whom you didn't elect.
>
>The sense in which Canadians didn't necessarily approve
>of this outcome is that Canadians are just
>characteristically more accepting of Big Government
>than are Americans. There a stronger sense up there
>that if the state (executive/legislative/judicial)
>decides something it must be right, because They Know
>What's Best. In the U.S., there's a much stronger
>streak of "throw the ****ers out!"

Sorry, but.....
No, there is NO general approval of this absurdity of justice here in
Canada. Lethargic outrage at best against the idiocy of of a foolhardy
criminal justice system that rarely sways from its 'old British' nutty
attitude regarding this 'deal with the devil'. More public hatred was
focused on Paul Bernardo [with calls for a return to capital
punishment outside his trial]. The husband/wife serial killer duo
phenomenom is an oddity up in Canada compared to such frequencies seen
in the States. On that token some public[ignorant] leeway gave into
not condemning Homolka as much [ particulrly after seeing a publicized
photo of her battered face from Bernardo in a fit of rage] and some
yielding was made in getting any deal possible that would seal the
fate of Bernardo seeing as at the time the irrefutable damning
evidence in the form of Bernardo's video of his crimes was kept hidden
by his lawyer [ who for his part got a slap on the wrist].

So, no there is no acceptance of the deal and its ludicrous dispensing
of justice, but there is a general acceptance that getting Canada's
criminal justice system to be re-idesign itself into something less
aloof and act as a system for the people IS definately like beating
one's head against a wall. The few major changes by the Canadian
justice system swayed by outraged people up here in recent times, was
increasing prison time for murderous young offenders, and getting rid
of the 'drunk' defence lawyers loved to use; 'It wasn't MY fault I
commited the crime [ie, manslaughter/drunken homidice]- I was drunk.'

And remember the general reputation too in the States where many a
time dangerous offenders[repeat too]/killers are released, and sooner
or later this process costs more innocent victims' lives.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
> Sorry, but.....
> No, there is NO general approval of this absurdity of justice here in
> Canada. Lethargic outrage at best against the idiocy of of a foolhardy
> criminal justice system that rarely sways from its 'old British' nutty
> attitude regarding this 'deal with the devil'. More public hatred was
> focused on Paul Bernardo [with calls for a return to capital
> punishment outside his trial]. The husband/wife serial killer duo
> phenomenom is an oddity up in Canada compared to such frequencies seen
> in the States.

Care to revise your statement?
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...country/ca.php
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:54:08 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>Joe wrote:
>>>He's also been paying taxes and/or insurance premiums his adult life; if
>>>not, someone else has been. Stop the bullshit that it's "free"

>> True enough it's not free. But it certainly feels that way when one is
>> in such a case like his.

>It doesn't matter how it "feels" -- it isn't free.

I'll put it another way. The burden of having to possibly pay a hefty
fee for a completed medical procedure does not loom over you.

>>>care is overrated, creates waiting lists (many Canadians still come to
>>>the US for care) and rationing of services, etc.

>> Not too many really.

> On Jan. 18, 2003, the Canadian Press carried the headline, “Send
> cancer patients to U.S., Alberta MDs urge.” The story begins,
> “Breast-cancer patients whose wait to see a specialist has
> jumped up to eight weeks from less than four should be sent out
> of province for treatment, the president of the Alberta Medical
> Association says....”
>
> [i]t isn’t against the law for Canadians to cross the U.S.
> border and pay for care they can’t get in Canada. In fact, the
> U.S. has become the safety valve for a foreign health care
> system that would implode economically and politically without
> access to U.S. doctors, hospitals and drugs.
>
> On Jan. 16, 2000, the New York Times titled a story, “Full
> Hospitals Make Canadians Wait and Look South.” The article
> concludes: “As a result, Canada has moved informally to a
> two-tier, public-private system. Although private practice is
> limited to dentists and veterinarians, 90 percent of Canadians
> live within 100 miles of the United States, and many people are
> crossing the border for private care.”
> http://www.usanext.org/full_story.cf...&category_id=5
>
>See also:
>http://www.pacificresearch.org/press...3-10-17sp.html

That link is quite true in its facts. My friend was indeed in a
critical [unbeknonwnst to him] situation, so due to that fact
immediate consideration was given. However, surgeries tend to indeed
crawl along here unfortunately. Private medical insurance is an option
up here to offset such dilemnas.

>> Only the wealthy can pursue that course.

>I concede it takes means to be able to pay medical bills, but I also
>doubt that desperation for urgent care takes a back seat to wealth.
>
>> The rest of us can't afford it -

>I doubt you'd wait for "free care" if you're too concerned to wait to
>see a specialist or have a procedure which is back-logged.

Yes I agree. In actuality though for those [in Canada] who definately
cannot afford such essential procedures you'll find many a time public
donation drives will take place to pay for such costs involved.

>> we're paying in part for the 'free' health
>> care

>Not in part, in *whole*. You're also getting less and less for it as
>costs rise, as doctors flee for more profitable environs, etc. Were it
>not for the administrative costs (i.e., trying to cover everyone's ass
>from trial lawyers) associated with US health care, we would have a less
>expensive system with better benefits than Canada has.

A presumption on my part, but I think the lawyers up here may be
horribly worse regarding stretching out cases of all kinds with delays
and postponements. You may find of interest in looking at Ontario's
[Canada] 'No fault' car insurance system, enacted to a number of years
ago to offset the snail pace court proceedings at the time.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Scented Nectar

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "pearl" > wrote in message

> > "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> > > So far I've tested the first 2 on the list.
> > > They download, but they won't let me
> > > post. I'll try the next few a bit later.

> > Ok... looks like those are 'read only'.
> >
> > I'm looking here- http://www.disenter.com/ .

> Nope. I've tried five. It's harder than I thought.
>
> Scented, as a very long shot.. try mine -
> set an account with news.iol.ie ...
> (Tools - Accounts - Add ... )
>
> Good luck. I'll keep looking.

The 'disenter' site looks good. It