FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   It's been fun (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/75466-its-been-fun.html)

Scented Nectar 01-12-2005 07:59 PM

It's been fun

My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
all the nice people here, and good riddance
to all the nutbars.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Leif Erikson 01-12-2005 11:02 PM

It's been fun

Scented Nectar wrote:
> My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> all the nice people here, and good riddance
> to all the nutbars.

What a waste of a year it's been for you.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass. **** off.

Dave 02-12-2005 12:45 AM

It's been fun

Scented Nectar wrote:
> My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> all the nice people here, and good riddance
> to all the nutbars.
>
> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
to them
if you wish.
http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

Michael Balarama 02-12-2005 02:31 AM

It's been fun

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > to all the nutbars.
> >
> > --
> > SN
> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> to them
> if you wish.
> http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

He is correct-you can use google for this group-I think...
Good luck to you
Michael

Michael Balarama 02-12-2005 03:06 AM

It's been fun

I went on google and found this post-was not to complicated I entered
alt.food. vegan and the group came up..
Michael

C. James Strutz 02-12-2005 03:11 AM

It's been fun

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> all the nice people here, and good riddance
> to all the nutbars.
>
> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
Hopefully we'll see you back here.

Steve 02-12-2005 03:36 AM

It's been fun

Scented Nectar wrote:
> My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> all the nice people here, and good riddance
> to all the nutbars.

Google lets you read and post to usenet for free:
http://groups.google.com/

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:43 AM

It's been fun

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > to all the nutbars.

> What a waste of a year it's been for you.
>
> Don't let the door hit you on the ass. **** off.

Always the polite one, aren't you.
Good riddance.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:44 AM

It's been fun

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > to all the nutbars.
> >
> > --
> > SN
> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> to them
> if you wish.
> http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

Thanks for the link. I took a look
and I don't really like the format.
It's been a pleasure reading the
groups through Outlook Express.
I can organize the threads the way
I want, and it's easy to see what's
been read or not. I can subscribe
to groups from an alphabetical
rather than topic-based lists. So
I won't continue through Google,
but thanks for telling me about it
anyways.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:44 AM

It's been fun

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Scented Nectar wrote:
> > > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > > to all the nutbars.
> > >
> > > --
> > > SN
> > > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> > to them
> > if you wish.
> > http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> He is correct-you can use google for this group-I think...
> Good luck to you
> Michael

Thanks, and good luck to you too.
I'm not going to continue through
Google. I don't like the format. So
this is goodbye, unless enough
people complain to my ISP and they
bring usenet back again or
something like that.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:45 AM

It's been fun

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
et...
> I went on google and found this post-was not to complicated I entered
> alt.food. vegan and the group came up..

Yeah, but I don't like the format
unfortunately. This is goodbye
for now anyway. Maybe someday
I'll feel like using Google and come
back through there.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:46 AM

It's been fun

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > to all the nutbars.
> >
> > --
> > SN
> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
> Hopefully we'll see you back here.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back, if I can
find an Outlook Express compatible
source out there. I'll try googling as
you suggest, and maybe I'll get lucky.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 04:47 AM

It's been fun

--
"Steve" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > to all the nutbars.
> >

> Google lets you read and post to usenet for free:
> http://groups.google.com/

Thanks, but I don't like the google
format for newsgroups. I'll look for
another source and maybe come
back at some time in the future. I
may even change ISPs eventually.
They've made some changes that
I don't like recently ever since they
merged with Yahoo.

Dutch 02-12-2005 05:43 AM

It's been fun

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Scented Nectar wrote:
>> > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
>> > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
>> > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
>> > all the nice people here, and good riddance
>> > to all the nutbars.
>> >
>> > --
>> > SN
>> > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

>> It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
>> to them
>> if you wish.
>> http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> Thanks for the link. I took a look
> and I don't really like the format.
> It's been a pleasure reading the
> groups through Outlook Express.
> I can organize the threads the way
> I want, and it's easy to see what's
> been read or not. I can subscribe
> to groups from an alphabetical
> rather than topic-based lists. So
> I won't continue through Google,
> but thanks for telling me about it
> anyways.

Google Groups is very usable, it's just a matter of a little adjustment.
It's not surprising to me that you would be so inflexible that you would not
even give it a decent try. If you have demonstrated anything in the past
year or so it's inflexibility.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 06:04 AM

It's been fun

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:7iQjf.7078$Eq5.4550@pd7tw1no...

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> > "Dave" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> >> It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> >> to them
> >> if you wish.
> >> http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> > Thanks for the link. I took a look
> > and I don't really like the format.
> > It's been a pleasure reading the
> > groups through Outlook Express.
> > I can organize the threads the way
> > I want, and it's easy to see what's
> > been read or not. I can subscribe
> > to groups from an alphabetical
> > rather than topic-based lists. So
> > I won't continue through Google,
> > but thanks for telling me about it
> > anyways.

> Google Groups is very usable, it's just a matter of a little adjustment.
> It's not surprising to me that you would be so inflexible that you would

not
> even give it a decent try. If you have demonstrated anything in the past
> year or so it's inflexibility.

Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
like the format of Google groups. Even
the most flexible person in the world
will have likes and dislikes. Speaking
of dislikes, good riddance to you.

Dutch 02-12-2005 06:26 AM

It's been fun

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> "Dutch" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > "Dave" > wrote in message
>> > oups.com...

>> > Thanks for the link. I took a look
>> > and I don't really like the format.
>> > It's been a pleasure reading the
>> > groups through Outlook Express.
>> > I can organize the threads the way
>> > I want, and it's easy to see what's
>> > been read or not. I can subscribe
>> > to groups from an alphabetical
>> > rather than topic-based lists. So
>> > I won't continue through Google,
>> > but thanks for telling me about it
>> > anyways.

>> Google Groups is very usable, it's just a matter of a little adjustment.
>> It's not surprising to me that you would be so inflexible that you would

> not
>> even give it a decent try. If you have demonstrated anything in the past
>> year or so it's inflexibility.

> Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
> like the format of Google groups.

After trying it for how long, five minutes?

> Even
> the most flexible person in the world
> will have likes and dislikes.

Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
are no others without a decent trial.

> Speaking
> of dislikes, good riddance to you.

You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not miss
you.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 06:35 AM

It's been fun

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:YVQjf.6912$Gd6.3171@pd7tw3no...

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> > "Dutch" > wrote in message

post

> >> Google Groups is very usable, it's just a matter of a little

adjustment.
> >> It's not surprising to me that you would be so inflexible that you

would
> > not
> >> even give it a decent try. If you have demonstrated anything in the

past
> >> year or so it's inflexibility.

> > Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
> > like the format of Google groups.

> After trying it for how long, five minutes?
>
> > Even
> > the most flexible person in the world
> > will have likes and dislikes.

> Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
> are no others without a decent trial.
>
> > Speaking
> > of dislikes, good riddance to you.

> You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
> the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
> knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not

miss
> you.

Are you getting enough fiber in your
diet? You sound constipated, grouchy
and insulting.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 07:41 AM

It's been fun

Dutch wrote:

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>
>>"Dutch" > wrote in message

legroups.com...

>>>Google Groups is very usable, it's just a matter of a little adjustment.
>>>It's not surprising to me that you would be so inflexible that you would

>>not
>>
>>>even give it a decent try. If you have demonstrated anything in the past
>>>year or so it's inflexibility.

>>Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
>>like the format of Google groups.

> After trying it for how long, five minutes?
>

>>Even
>>the most flexible person in the world
>>will have likes and dislikes.

> Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
> are no others without a decent trial.

Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects
the world to accomodate her, despite the fact she's a
low-contributing marginal who doesn't deserve as much
accomodation as she already receives.

>>Speaking
>>of dislikes, good riddance to you.

> You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
> the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
> knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not miss
> you.

Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total
waste. Just nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss
of me!" teenaged tantrums. That's IT.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 07:41 AM

It's been fun

Get the **** out of here, you worthless marginal.

Dutch 02-12-2005 08:12 AM

It's been fun

"Scented Nectar" > wrote
> "Dutch" > wrote

> Are you getting enough fiber in your
> diet? You sound constipated, grouchy
> and insulting.

My diet is excellent, especially since I stopped following that stupid,
irrational rule against using animal products. Tonight for dinner I had baby
potatoes, turnip, steamed greens and a roasted free-range chicken.

As far as insulting, if the truth insults you, that's not my fault.

Dutch 02-12-2005 08:14 AM

It's been fun

"S. Maizlich" > wrote
> Dutch wrote:
>
>> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"Dutch" > wrote in message

glegroups.com...

>>>not

>>>Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
>>>like the format of Google groups.

>> After trying it for how long, five minutes?
>>

>>>Even
>>>the most flexible person in the world
>>>will have likes and dislikes.

>> Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
>> are no others without a decent trial.

> Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
> accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal who
> doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.
>

>>>Speaking
>>>of dislikes, good riddance to you.

>> You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
>> the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
>> knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not
>> miss you.

> Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
> nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
> That's IT.

It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians are
reasonable people.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 08:26 AM

It's been fun

Dutch wrote:

> "S. Maizlich" > wrote
>
>>Dutch wrote:

oglegroups.com...

>>>After trying it for how long, five minutes?

>>>Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
>>>are no others without a decent trial.

>>Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
>>accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal who
>>doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.

>>>You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
>>>the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
>>>knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not
>>>miss you.

>>Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
>>nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
>>That's IT.

> It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians are
> reasonable people.

This ought to demolish completely your belief that
Canadians are reasonable:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

Here's what I wrote to my closest friend, a Canadian
from Vernon, BC:

If I had more of a sense that this was a case of a
judge dispassionately insisting that due process be
allowed to operate, despite public outrage over a
particular case, I wouldn't be so incensed by it.
But instead, I have the sense that the Canadian
system of justice, and perhaps this judge in
particular, embody an absurd belief that criminals
shouldn't be dealt with too harshly because they are
themselves "victims" of something heinous (abuse,
neglect, exploitation, what-have-you - the usual
"liberal" bogeymen, in other words.)

I hope I'm wrong about the judge.

Here's what he wrote in reply:

I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
Canadians want to give people a second chance more
than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
Texas, without a doubt. But even having said that,
I find the decision to let her go pretty incredible
even by Canadian standards. I'm guessing it's the
judge.

Now, I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty, but
this woman (not "lady"; I'll have to chide my friend
for that) should have done *at least* 30 or 35 years.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 08:28 AM

It's been fun

S. Maizlich wrote:

> Dutch wrote:

>>> Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
>>> accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal
>>> who doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.

>>> Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
>>> nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
>>> That's IT.

>> It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians
>> are reasonable people.

> This ought to demolish completely your belief that Canadians are
> reasonable:

Actually, I'm just kidding about that. I'm going up to
Vernon for a few days after Christmas to see my
friend's parents (and him). Skiing at Silver Star -
yeah, man!

Seeker 02-12-2005 10:06 AM

It's been fun

"S. Maizlich" > wrote
> Dutch wrote:
>
>> "S. Maizlich" > wrote

>> It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians
>> are reasonable people.

> This ought to demolish completely your belief that Canadians are
> reasonable:
> http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html
>
> Here's what I wrote to my closest friend, a Canadian from Vernon, BC:
>
> If I had more of a sense that this was a case of a
> judge dispassionately insisting that due process be
> allowed to operate, despite public outrage over a
> particular case, I wouldn't be so incensed by it.
> But instead, I have the sense that the Canadian
> system of justice, and perhaps this judge in
> particular, embody an absurd belief that criminals
> shouldn't be dealt with too harshly because they are
> themselves "victims" of something heinous (abuse,
> neglect, exploitation, what-have-you - the usual
> "liberal" bogeymen, in other words.)
>
> I hope I'm wrong about the judge.
>
> Here's what he wrote in reply:
>
> I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
> Canadians want to give people a second chance more
> than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
> This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
> Texas, without a doubt.

No doubt, then Hollywood would have made a movie about her. In fact they
already did I think...

But even having said that,
> I find the decision to let her go pretty incredible
> even by Canadian standards. I'm guessing it's the
> judge.

> Now, I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty, but this woman (not
> "lady"; I'll have to chide my friend for that) should have done *at least*
> 30 or 35 years.

Homolka cut a sweetheart deal in exchange for her testimony against her
husband and co-conspirator.

Yes, the Canadian Injustice System just today let a serious sex offender out
onto the streets of our community who has about 80 convictions for violence
against children and seniors. Somehow the government is not reflecting the
wishes of the Canadian people though, nobody approves of this.

Seeker 02-12-2005 10:10 AM

It's been fun

"S. Maizlich" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Dutch wrote:
>
>> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"Dutch" > wrote in message

glegroups.com...

>>>not

>>>Are you ever grumpy! I simply don't
>>>like the format of Google groups.

>> After trying it for how long, five minutes?
>>

>>>Even
>>>the most flexible person in the world
>>>will have likes and dislikes.

>> Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
>> are no others without a decent trial.

> Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
> accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal who
> doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.
>

>>>Speaking
>>>of dislikes, good riddance to you.

>> You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
>> the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
>> knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not
>> miss you.

> Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
> nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
> That's IT.

I think she's on the dole too, she posts at 11 PM PST and later on weekdays,
meaning it's 3AM in Toronto.

Dave 02-12-2005 05:01 PM

It's been fun

Scented Nectar wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Scented Nectar wrote:
> > > My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
> > > in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
> > > or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
> > > all the nice people here, and good riddance
> > > to all the nutbars.
> > >
> > > --
> > > SN
> > > http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
> > to them
> > if you wish.
> > http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> Thanks for the link. I took a look
> and I don't really like the format.
> It's been a pleasure reading the
> groups through Outlook Express.
> I can organize the threads the way
> I want, and it's easy to see what's
> been read or not. I can subscribe
> to groups from an alphabetical
> rather than topic-based lists. So
> I won't continue through Google,
> but thanks for telling me about it
> anyways.

Fair enough. Pay no attention to Dutch because there
is no reason for you to put up with a format you don't like.
Hope to see you back one day.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:20 PM

It's been fun

Carless agoraphobic pothead Skanky whined:
> My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet

You mean either "its." "It's" is a contraction of "it has" or "it is;"
the apostrophe isn't used in in the possessive form for "it."
http://www.writingcenter.emory.edu/its.html

> in 2 weeks.

Good, only two more weeks of your retarded posts!

> I won't be turning to giganews
> or any other paid usenet service.

Can't afford C$15/month, Skanky? Hard enough to make ends meet when
you're a dope-smoking, car-less, agoraphobic shut in with a low-budget
website, eh.

> Bye

Why are you bidding adieu two weeks ahead of schedule? Too bad you'll
likely continue to annoy us with your disingenuous, passivist prattle in
the interim. Just like Dreck and Karen (like you, two unaccomplished,
disingenuous passivists; bad things happen in threes?), you'll probably
return continually after saying farewell for the umpteenth time -- just
a pathetic cry for attention from a 43 year-old forever stuck
emotionally in her adolescence.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:21 PM

It's been fun

Leif Erikson wrote:
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
>>My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
>>in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
>>or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
>>all the nice people here, and good riddance
>>to all the nutbars.

> What a waste of a year it's been for you.

It's been just like all her other 42 years.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:23 PM

It's been fun

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
>>in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
>>or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
>>all the nice people here, and good riddance
>>to all the nutbars.
>>
>>--
>>SN
>>http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
> Hopefully we'll see you back here.

Speak for yourself.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:29 PM

It's been fun

Forever-Passivist Skanky wrote:
>>>My ISP will be discontinuing it's usenet
>>>in 2 weeks. I won't be turning to giganews
>>>or any other paid usenet service. Bye to
>>>all the nice people here, and good riddance
>>>to all the nutbars.
>>>
>>>--
>>>SN
>>>http://www.skanky.com/veg/

>>It will still be possible for you to follow these newsgroups and post
>>to them
>>if you wish.
>>http://groups.google.co.uk/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

> Thanks for the link. I took a look
> and I don't really like the format.

Just like you don't really like having to change your consumption to
meet your "ethics." You say "killing animals is wrong" but, even after
being shown repeatedly how your particular consumption kills and harms
animals, you refuse to alter your consumption. You're a whiny passivist
with the emotional maturity of the average three year-old.

"I don't like that!"
"I won't stop eating tropical foods or exotic spices!"
Waaaa-waaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

> It's been a pleasure reading the
> groups through Outlook Express.

Wish I could say the same about reading your posts. It's been far from a
pleasurable experience.

> I can organize the threads the way
> I want,

Three year-olds "want" this and "want" that, and throw temper tantrums
like you're doing when they don't get their way.

Just go to your room, Skanky.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:30 PM

It's been fun

Skanky whined:
> I'm not going to continue through
> Google. I don't like the format.

Waaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

> So this is goodbye,

Promise?

> unless enough
> people complain to my ISP and they
> bring usenet back again or
> something like that.

Have you complained to them, you passivist retard?

usual suspect 02-12-2005 05:37 PM

It's been fun

Skanky whined:
>>I went on google and found this post-was not to complicated I entered
>>alt.food. vegan and the group came up..

> Yeah, but I don't like the format
> unfortunately.

Why is it "unfortunate" that you don't like the format? It's not
surprising you don't like it. It's even less astonishing that you,
arrested development passivist that you are, would choose to pick up
your marbles and go home.

> This is goodbye

Promise?

> for now anyway.

Damn, is that a catch?

> Maybe someday I'll feel like

Maybe someday you'll also feel like practicing what you preach. I doubt
that'll ever happen, given that you're 43 and set in your disgustingly
passivist ways. "Killing animals is wrong" -- but you don't feel
strongly enough about such categorical statements to actually stop
killing them yourself; you're waiting for others to take the lead for you.

> using Google and come
> back through there.

You'll probably do it like Dreck and Karen, two other unaccomplished and
disingenuous "vegan" passivists who incessantly lie about giving up
usenet, and use a new nym each time you return.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 05:41 PM

It's been fun

Seeker wrote:

> "S. Maizlich" > wrote
>
>>Dutch wrote:
>>

>>>"S. Maizlich" > wrote

>>>It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians
>>>are reasonable people.

>>This ought to demolish completely your belief that Canadians are
>>reasonable:
>>http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html
>>
>>Here's what I wrote to my closest friend, a Canadian from Vernon, BC:
>>
>> If I had more of a sense that this was a case of a
>> judge dispassionately insisting that due process be
>> allowed to operate, despite public outrage over a
>> particular case, I wouldn't be so incensed by it.
>> But instead, I have the sense that the Canadian
>> system of justice, and perhaps this judge in
>> particular, embody an absurd belief that criminals
>> shouldn't be dealt with too harshly because they are
>> themselves "victims" of something heinous (abuse,
>> neglect, exploitation, what-have-you - the usual
>> "liberal" bogeymen, in other words.)
>>
>> I hope I'm wrong about the judge.
>>
>>Here's what he wrote in reply:
>>
>> I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
>> Canadians want to give people a second chance more
>> than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
>> This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
>> Texas, without a doubt.

> No doubt, then Hollywood would have made a movie about her. In fact they
> already did I think...
>
> But even having said that,
>
>> I find the decision to let her go pretty incredible
>> even by Canadian standards. I'm guessing it's the
>> judge.

>>Now, I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty, but this woman (not
>>"lady"; I'll have to chide my friend for that) should have done *at least*
>>30 or 35 years.

> Homolka cut a sweetheart deal in exchange for her testimony against her
> husband and co-conspirator.
>
> Yes, the Canadian Injustice System just today let a serious sex offender out
> onto the streets of our community who has about 80 convictions for violence
> against children and seniors. Somehow the government is not reflecting the
> wishes of the Canadian people though, nobody approves of this.

In some sense, although less of a sense than in the
U.S., Canadians *do* approve of this. Canada is a
modern democracy, and your judges are not imposed on
you by some autocrat whom you didn't elect.

The sense in which Canadians didn't necessarily approve
of this outcome is that Canadians are just
characteristically more accepting of Big Government
than are Americans. There a stronger sense up there
that if the state (executive/legislative/judicial)
decides something it must be right, because They Know
What's Best. In the U.S., there's a much stronger
streak of "throw the ****ers out!"

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 05:42 PM

It's been fun

Seeker wrote:

> "S. Maizlich" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>
>>Dutch wrote:

oglegroups.com...

>>>After trying it for how long, five minutes?

>>>Flexible, intelligent people don't dismiss useful alternatives when there
>>>are no others without a decent trial.

>>Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
>>accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal who
>>doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.

>>>You haven't contributing a single worthwhile comment to this forum in all
>>>the time you've been posting here. It's been all superficial, predictable
>>>knee-jerk reactions and rigid stubborness. For those reasons I will not
>>>miss you.

>>Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
>>nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
>>That's IT.

> I think she's on the dole too, she posts at 11 PM PST and later on weekdays,
> meaning it's 3AM in Toronto.

We've discussed that at length here quite a while back.
I'm certain she receives some form of public
assistance (but then, who in Canada doesn't?)

usual suspect 02-12-2005 06:06 PM

It's been fun

Skanky delayed her departure and suggested a loophole:
>>There are some free usenet services out there. Try googling for them.
>>Hopefully we'll see you back here.

> Thanks. Hopefully I'll be back,

Then why all the prolonged goodbyes, Skanky?

> if I can
> find an Outlook Express compatible
> source out there. I'll try googling as
> you suggest, and maybe I'll get lucky.

Same "luck" you're hoping for so you practice what you preach (after you
"win" a lottery):

What will catch up with me,
if I'm lucky enough to still be
alive and healthy, is retirement.
-- Chronic excuse-maker Skanky, 19 May 2005

I feel quite happy and lucky that
I will be able move rural when
I retire.
-- Self-deluded Skanky, 30 April 2005

Oh well, there's always lottery
tickets. :) That's my early
retirement plan!
-- Shiftless Skanky, 23 April 2005

I would love to live in the
countryside actually. If I won
a lottery, one of the first
things I'd do is move there.
-- Clueless Skanky, 3 April 2005

Luck has a lot to do with it. [land ownership]
-- Bone-idle passivist Skanky, 20 May 2005

The luxury of working until
full retirement? It isn't a luxury.
It's a necessity. If I won the
lottery I would give up that
'luxury' in a flash.
-- 43 year-old shut-in Skanky, 6 May 2005

Not unless I win the lottery
or a rich person dies and
leaves me everything. It's
just not affordable for me.
I don't have any realistic
opportunity to grow all my
own food until I retire and
can live wherever I want,
provided that I'm still able
bodied by then.
-- Hypocritical poseur Skanky, 6 April 2005

But short of winning the lottery, that
won't happen until I retire and even then, not
to the extent that I could grow ALL my own.
-- Car-less agoraphobic Skanky, 31 Dec 2004
["that" = actually practicing what you preach]

I'm an average consumer and do buy some commercial
foods. Unless I win a lottery, that's not likely
to change until I retire.
-- Disgustingly passivist Skanky, 27 Dec 2004

If I won the lottery, I'd retire today.
-- Public transportation Skanky, 11 Jun 2005

Short of winning the
lottery, I must wait before
I can afford to live rurally.
-- Human excuse-generator Skanky, 8 April 2005

Lotteries are "games" to people who don't understand math. You're
relying on them for both your retirement and your sincerity in not
harming animals. Thus, the odds of your *ever* practicing what you
preach in Ontario a
Lotto 6/49 1 in 13,983,816
Super 7 1 in 20,963,833
Ontario 49 1 in 13,983,816
Lottario 1 in 4,072,530.5
Pay Day 1 in 1,353,275
Encore 1 in 10,000,000

IOW, you're never going to retire *or* stop killing animals. You also
won't stop posting here and making an ass of yourself.

S. Maizlich 02-12-2005 06:16 PM

It's been fun

usual suspect wrote:

> Skanky whined:
>
>>> I went on google and found this post-was not to complicated I entered
>>> alt.food. vegan and the group came up..

>> Yeah, but I don't like the format
>> unfortunately.

> Why is it "unfortunate" that you don't like the format? It's not
> surprising you don't like it. It's even less astonishing that you,
> arrested development passivist that you are, would choose to pick up
> your marbles and go home.

It really is remarkable just how completely she
validates the characterizations of her. If Skanky
can't get just exactly what she wants, with virtually
zero effort on her part, she whines and refuses to
participate. Just a thorough-going case of arrested
juvenile development.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 06:37 PM

It's been fun

S. Maizlich wrote:
> Dutch wrote:

>>> Skanky is as predictable as ever: she always expects the world to
>>> accomodate her, despite the fact she's a low-contributing marginal
>>> who doesn't deserve as much accomodation as she already receives.

>>> Just over a year, and the entire time has been a total waste. Just
>>> nothing but juvenile, "you're not the boss of me!" teenaged tantrums.
>>> That's IT.

>> It irks me that she's a Canadian. There goes my fantasy that Canadians
>> are reasonable people.

> This ought to demolish completely your belief that Canadians are
> reasonable:
> http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html
>
> Here's what I wrote to my closest friend, a Canadian from Vernon, BC:
>
> If I had more of a sense that this was a case of a
> judge dispassionately insisting that due process be
> allowed to operate, despite public outrage over a
> particular case, I wouldn't be so incensed by it.
> But instead, I have the sense that the Canadian
> system of justice, and perhaps this judge in
> particular, embody an absurd belief that criminals
> shouldn't be dealt with too harshly because they are
> themselves "victims" of something heinous (abuse,
> neglect, exploitation, what-have-you - the usual
> "liberal" bogeymen, in other words.)
>
> I hope I'm wrong about the judge.
>
> Here's what he wrote in reply:
>
> I'm guessing you're not wrong. It's undeniable that
> Canadians want to give people a second chance more
> than Americans, on average, even serious criminals.
> This lady would have been executed if she'd lived in
> Texas, without a doubt.

I disagree with that. It would depend on which county she was convicted.
Contrary to all the generalizations, Texas juries don't go looking for
tall trees and short pieces of rope. A Harris County jury sentenced
Andrea Yates, who drowned her five children, to life *with* chance of
parole (she's also set to get a new trial, and the DA may allow a plea
deal to send her to a psychiatric hospital). Harris County sends the
most murderers to death row in the state, accounting for over a quarter
of the state's executed offenders (and 15% of the state's population).

> But even having said that,
> I find the decision to let her go pretty incredible
> even by Canadian standards. I'm guessing it's the
> judge.
>

> Now, I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty, but this woman (not
> "lady"; I'll have to chide my friend for that) should have done *at
> least* 30 or 35 years.

I agree, but it's not uncommon for prosecutors to offer too-lenient
deals in exchange for testimony against other participants in crimes
(again, referring to Texas, I can cite cases in which primary criminals
turned evidence against secondary partners and the secondaries received
much harsher sentences). It's unfortunate that the plea deal was made
before Bernardo's defense team handed over the videotapes showing that
she was a full participant in the crimes. It's unconscionable that
prosecutors told the court at her sentencing that she was a victim of
spousal abuse and, accordingly, not a danger to re-offend -- that's why
the situation is what it is now. Prosecutors should've rescinded their
deal with her when the tapes were made available to them on the grounds
that she intentionally misled them and the court, but they continue to
insist that her testimony was essential to the prosecution of Bernardo.
The whole thing stinks, but that's what happens when people make deals
with devils.

usual suspect 02-12-2005 06:59 PM

It's been fun

S. Maizlich wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Skanky whined:

>>> Yeah, but I don't like the format
>>> unfortunately.

>> Why is it "unfortunate" that you don't like the format? It's not
>> surprising you don't like it. It's even less astonishing that you,
>> arrested development passivist that you are, would choose to pick up
>> your marbles and go home.

> It really is remarkable just how completely she validates the
> characterizations of her.

I think that's to be expected. One shouldn't expect her to handle this
particular situation in a mature fashion because she isn't particularly
mature.

> If Skanky can't get just exactly what she
> wants, with virtually zero effort on her part, she whines and refuses to
> participate. Just a thorough-going case of arrested juvenile development.

Exactly. It's like her declarations that she'll wait until retirement
(or winning the lottery) to stop killing animals, wait for "veganic"
produce to hit the grocery store shelves, wait for her friends to offer
to make their whole cookout revolve around her silly complaints about
meat, wait for the bus instead of saving for a car, etc. Now she's
waiting for her ISP to change direction, waiting to decide if she gets
another ISP, waiting, waiting, waiting. Her entire 43 year existence has
been about passively waiting. Pathetic.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 07:34 PM

It's been fun

"S. Maizlich" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> > "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> >>What a waste of a year it's been for you.
> >>
> >>Don't let the door hit you on the ass. **** off.

> > Always the polite one, aren't you.

> Get the **** out of here, you worthless marginal.

I won't miss you Rudy Doody. But
I did have fun putting you in your
place.

Scented Nectar 02-12-2005 07:35 PM

It's been fun

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Skanky whined:
> > I'm not going to continue through
> > Google. I don't like the format.

> Waaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>
> > So this is goodbye,

> Promise?
>
> > unless enough
> > people complain to my ISP and they
> > bring usenet back again or
> > something like that.

> Have you complained to them, you passivist retard?\

Good riddance Useless Pus-speck.