Posted to alt.food.vegan
nemo

Default Something for Chrismas

A non-cross post from news:alt.humor.puns

Nemo

"Tim Bruening" > wrote in message

> nemo wrote:
>
> > "Tim Bruening" > wrote in message
> > > 2 x 27 days to Christmas.

> > On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me -
> > Ten million pounds . .
> >
> > So I scarpered!

> 47 days to Christmas.

Hooray!

Here's an old idea I resurrected last Christmas - a Christmas Pie.

I made a pastry case with a layer of Christmas pudding mix in the bottom - a
simple one - breadcrumbs, veg oil, rye flour, syrup, chopped nuts, vine
fruits, cinnamon and nutmeg - then a layer of marzipan on top of that, then
a layer of cake mix, then after it'd had about 20 minutes in the Microwave a
final layer of marzipan and nice sharp-tasting icing made with lemon juice.

Not much use if you're trying to lose weight, but at Christmas, who is?

So you can add that to the following list!

Jingle bells, jingle bells -
There's the savory.
Nice big bag of Brussels Sprouts
All frozen just for me.

Roasted spuds, parsnips too,
Boy, they'll taste real good.
Mustard, wine and Whiskey too
All followed by the pud.

See it disappear -
See me wolf it down.
Lovely roasted spuds
Nice and golden brown.

Savory made from nuts
Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
Tastes as good, nutritious too
And nothing has to die!

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"nemo" > wrote in message
. ..
>A non-cross post from news:alt.humor.puns
>
> Nemo
>

> "Tim Bruening" > wrote in message
>>

>> nemo wrote:
>>
>> > "Tim Bruening" > wrote in
>> > message
>> >
>> > On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me -
>> > Ten million pounds . .
>> >
>> > So I scarpered!

>> 47 days to Christmas.
>>

> Hooray!
>
> Here's an old idea I resurrected last Christmas - a Christmas
> Pie.
>
> I made a pastry case with a layer of Christmas pudding mix in
> the bottom - a
> simple one - breadcrumbs, veg oil, rye flour, syrup, chopped
> nuts, vine
> fruits, cinnamon and nutmeg - then a layer of marzipan on top
> of that, then
> a layer of cake mix, then after it'd had about 20 minutes in
> the Microwave a
> final layer of marzipan and nice sharp-tasting icing made with
> lemon juice.
>
> Not much use if you're trying to lose weight, but at Christmas,
> who is?
>
> So you can add that to the following list!
>
> Jingle bells, jingle bells -
> There's the savory.
> Nice big bag of Brussels Sprouts
> All frozen just for me.
>
> Roasted spuds, parsnips too,
> Boy, they'll taste real good.
> Mustard, wine and Whiskey too
> All followed by the pud.

======================
I wouldn't have thought that pud was vegan, homo. But then,
maybe you're not a gobbler, eh?

> See it disappear -
> See me wolf it down.
> Lovely roasted spuds
> Nice and golden brown.
>
> Savory made from nuts
> Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
> Tastes as good, nutritious too
> And nothing has to die!

=========================
Still pushing this ly, eh killer?

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

nemo wrote:
<...>
> Roasted spuds, parsnips too,
> Boy, they'll taste real good.
> Mustard, wine and Whiskey too
> All followed by the pud.

That's way too much information. We don't care to know that your mates
take advantage of you after you get drunk.

<...>
> Savory made from nuts
> Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
> Tastes as good, nutritious too
> And nothing has to die!

Guess again, you prancing poof. Plenty of animals DO die as a result of
the farming, transportation, and storage practices associated with
grains. Many of the deaths are intentional (i.e., pesticides). Others
aren't intentional (e.g., flooding during irrigation, burning fields,
predation when croplands are harvested, slicing and dicing during
planting and harvest, etc.).
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:
>> nemo wrote:

> <cut>
>
>>> Savory made from nuts
>>> Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
>>> Tastes as good, nutritious too
>>> And nothing has to die!

> That is a correct statement.

=======================
No, it is not, fool. Animals die by the millions in the
production of veggies. Too bad you're just too stupid and/or
willfully ignorant to know the truth, eh killer?

>> Guess again, you prancing poof. Plenty of animals DO die as a
>> result of the farming, transportation, and storage practices
>> associated with grains. Many of the deaths are intentional
>> (i.e., pesticides). Others aren't intentional (e.g., flooding
>> during irrigation, burning fields, predation when croplands
>> are harvested, slicing and dicing during planting and harvest,
>> etc.).

> That maybe so, but the it doesn't take anything away from
> nemo's correct statement; nothing *has* to die to provide
> vegetarians with food.

=====================
Yes, they do. That you're too stupid to understnad is obvious,
killer.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
> <cut>
>
>>> Savory made from nuts
>>> Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
>>> Tastes as good, nutritious too
>>> And nothing has to die!

> That is a correct statement.

No, it's patently false.

>> Guess again, you prancing poof. Plenty of animals DO die as a result
>> of the farming, transportation, and storage practices associated with
>> grains. Many of the deaths are intentional (i.e., pesticides). Others
>> aren't intentional (e.g., flooding during irrigation, burning fields,
>> predation when croplands are harvested, slicing and dicing during
>> planting and harvest, etc.).

> That maybe so,

It *is* so, and it's why "nemo" was wrong.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
>>> <cut>

>>> That is a correct statement.

>> No, it's patently false.
>>

> I've grown plenty of vegetables

How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*," you imbecile?
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> I've grown plenty of vegetables

>> How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*," you imbecile?

> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees,

One more time. How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*," you ****?
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:14:47 +0000, Phil Odox > wrote:

>usual suspect wrote:
>> nemo wrote:

><cut>
>
>>> Savory made from nuts
>>> Breadcrumbs wheat and rye.
>>> Tastes as good, nutritious too
>>> And nothing has to die!

>That is a correct statement.
>

>> Guess again, you prancing poof. Plenty of animals DO die as a result of
>> the farming, transportation, and storage practices associated with
>> grains. Many of the deaths are intentional (i.e., pesticides). Others
>> aren't intentional (e.g., flooding during irrigation, burning fields,
>> predation when croplands are harvested, slicing and dicing during
>> planting and harvest, etc.).

>That maybe so, but the it doesn't take anything away from
>nemo's correct statement; nothing *has* to die to provide
>vegetarians with food.

well, you mean nothing with a face has to die.

rick and usual suspect are best ignored as whackos. I think
it's mostly a matter of doing relatively less harm, than you would
if you weren't vegan.

I tried to grow some zuchhini over the summer, and the plants all got
killed by bugs, before I got around to buying something to fend them
off. If it's me or them, naturally I will pick me. When you do the
growing yourself, it puts things in a slightly different perspective.

tracy

PS I think cutting out all dairy really is helping me already. wow.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees,

>> One more time.

> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees

Stop trying to change the subject. It's a very simple question. Answer
it this time. Have you ever grown *wheat* and *rye*, and in sufficient
quantity to make breadcrumbs?

>> How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*,"

> What about them?

Have you grown them commercially or even for your own use?
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

wrote:
>><cut>

>>That is a correct statement.
>>

>>>Guess again, you prancing poof. Plenty of animals DO die as a result of
>>>the farming, transportation, and storage practices associated with
>>>grains. Many of the deaths are intentional (i.e., pesticides). Others
>>>aren't intentional (e.g., flooding during irrigation, burning fields,
>>>predation when croplands are harvested, slicing and dicing during
>>>planting and harvest, etc.).

>>That maybe so, but the it doesn't take anything away from
>>nemo's correct statement; nothing *has* to die to provide
>>vegetarians with food.

> well, you mean nothing with a face has to die.

"Has to die" is meaningless sophistry when you know damn well that
animals DO die in the normal course of commercial-scale agriculture.

> rick and usual suspect are best ignored as whackos.

You'd do well to admit that your rhetoric about saving animals doesn't
match reality. You're only giving meaningless platitudes, not making a
difference. Animals DO die for your consumption -- from common
agricultural practices -- even if you don't eat them. There is no
qualitative difference between you and someone who eats meat and wears
leather and fur.

And you could at least learn to spell "wacko."

> I think
> it's mostly a matter of doing relatively less harm, than you would
> if you weren't vegan.

Prove it, Tracy. How many animals die in the course of producing your
meatless diet? It's going to be greater than one unless you grow
everything yourself. How many meals would you get from one dead steer?
Hundreds. You object to a fraction of one rather than to many, and then
you pat yourself gloriously on the back as though you've done something
special. Does a rat's life counts as much as that steer's? How is
killing an entire rat colony "relatively less harm" compared to
slaughtering just one steer?

> I tried to grow some zuchhini over the summer, and the plants all got
> killed by bugs, before I got around to buying something to fend them
> off. If it's me or them, naturally I will pick me. When you do the
> growing yourself, it puts things in a slightly different perspective.

IOW, it shows you something about the real world as opposed to the
Utopian delusion so prevalent among vegans.

> PS I think cutting out all dairy really is helping me already. wow.

Helping what?

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees

>> Stop trying to change the subject.

> The subject is vegetable production

No, ****, it's WHEAT and RYE. You haven't grown it, and you stubbornly
refuse to admit that commmercially-grown crops are not death-free --
because that prove you're a liar. But that's okay. We know you are.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> well, you mean nothing with a face has to die.

>> "Has to die" is meaningless sophistry when you know damn well that
>> animals DO die in the normal course of commercial-scale agriculture.
>>

> They might,

They do die in the NORMAL course of commercial-scale agriculture. Your
sophistry, as noble as you may think it is to prate incessantly about
not harming animals, is specious and meaningless since it's
fantasy-based rather than reality-based. The reality of farming doesn't
match your fantastical notions of what it could be like. Never has been,
never will be. ****.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> The subject is vegetable production

>> No,

> Yes,

No, ****, it's WHEAT and RYE. You haven't grown it, and you stubbornly
refuse to admit that commmercially-grown crops are not death-free --
because that prove you're a liar. But that's okay. We know you are.

> it's about vegetable production and the simple fact
> that vegetarians can eat without having to kill animals.

You have a problem: animals *do* die in the normal course of
commercial-scale agriculture. Your sophistry, as noble as you may think
it is to prate incessantly about not harming animals, is specious and
meaningless since it's fantasy-based rather than reality-based. The
reality of farming doesn't match your fantastical notions of what it
could be like. Never has been, never will be. ****.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:53:37 +0000, Phil Odox > wrote:

>, fool.
>
>Your inability to converse in a civil manner is noted,
>and you've barely finished your first sentence.

Really Rick, sing a different tune for once. Your severe overuse of
Fool and Killer makes entering a dialogue with you insignificant.

Maybe I don't agree with alot of what Usual S comments about, but his
posts at the very least usually has 'stocky' substance. As for his
attitude I find it darkly entertaining more than offensive much like
the villainous role played of 'Bill the Butcher' in 'Gangs of New
York'.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> They might,

>> They do die in the NORMAL course of commercial-scale agriculture.

> That may be so,

It is so.

> occasionally,

Wrong. NORMALLY. ROUTINELY.

>> Yoursophistry, as noble as you may think it is to prate incessantly about
>> not harming animals, is specious and meaningless since it's
>> fantasy-based rather than reality-based.

> I've grown tons of the stuff

Liar, and yet again you've failed to address the fact that
commercially-grown wheat and rye causes harm to animals -- from combines
(squashing, slicing, dicing, etc.), irrigation (drowning), clearing
fields at harvest (predation), burning (farmers often burn fields
following harvest), pesticides (fields, storage facilities), pollution
from equipment (diesel exhaust is toxic), etc. But you have your Utopian
fantasies about "what could be" rather than "what is." Keep avoiding
reality, putz. It wouldn't suit you.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
<...>
> Maybe I don't agree with alot of what Usual S comments about, but his
> posts at the very least usually has 'stocky' substance.

Which is more than can be said about your asinine replies lately. WTF is
this bullshit about "monosaturated" fats you were passing off? Do you
really think that makes you appear intelligent? And then you wanted to
argue whether fruits are actually vegetables. Talk about a waste of space.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> Yes,

>> No,

> I can assure you it is.

No, you cannot. The issue is still WHEAT and RYE. You haven't grown it,
and you stubbornly refuse to admit that commmercially-grown crops are
not death-free -- because that prove you're a liar. But that's okay. We
know you are.

>> ****

> Now that sort of language isn't called for

It suits you quite well:

Used as a disparaging term for a person one dislikes or finds
extremely disagreeable.
http://www.answers.com/topic/****

> <cut>
>
>>> it's about vegetable production and the simple fact
>>> that vegetarians can eat without having to kill animals.

>> You have a problem: animals *do* die in the normal course of
>> commercial-scale agriculture.

> They might do,

You have a problem: animals *do* die in the normal course of
commercial-scale agriculture. Your sophistry, as noble as you may think
it is to prate incessantly about not harming animals, is specious and
meaningless since it's fantasy-based rather than reality-based. The
reality of farming doesn't match your fantastical notions of what it
could be like. Never has been, never will be. Once again you've failed
to address the fact that commercially-grown wheat and rye causes harm to
animals -- from combines (squashing, slicing, dicing, etc.), irrigation
(drowning), clearing fields at harvest (predation), burning (farmers
often burn fields following harvest), pesticides (fields, storage
facilities), pollution from equipment (diesel exhaust is toxic), etc.
But you have your Utopian fantasies about "what could be" rather than
"what is." Keep avoiding reality, putz. It wouldn't suit you.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>><cut>

>>>That is a correct statement.

>> =======================
>> No, it is not

> It's a perfectly true statement; nothing *has* to die
> to provide vegetarians with food.

=========================
No, it is not, and you have failed to prove it.

> , fool.
>
> Your inability to converse in a civil manner is noted,
> and you've barely finished your first sentence.

========================
Your inability to accept reality is noted, killer.

> Animals die by the millions in the
>> production of veggies.

> That may be accepted as true, even without some supporting
> evidence to make it true, but it takes nothing away from
> the true statement, "nothing *has* to die to provide
> vegetarians with food.

==========================
Yet you have yet to prove that claim. Why is that? Thanks for
proving that propaganda has taken over the few braincells you
have.

> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Joe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:53:37 +0000, Phil Odox >
> wrote:
>

>>, fool.
>>
>>Your inability to converse in a civil manner is noted,
>>and you've barely finished your first sentence.
>>

> Really Rick, sing a different tune for once. Your severe
> overuse of
> Fool and Killer makes entering a dialogue with you
> insignificant.

============================
Really? I call em as I see em. You post inane, foolish
propaganda delusions, and you'll remain a fool. As for killer,
we all are. Especially since you like to post you inane spews to
usenet. That's why there are no 'real' vegans on usenet, killer.

> Maybe I don't agree with alot of what Usual S comments about,
> but his
> posts at the very least usually has 'stocky' substance. As for
> his
> attitude I find it darkly entertaining more than offensive much
> like
> the villainous role played of 'Bill the Butcher' in 'Gangs of
> New
> York'.

> Usenet News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> 120,000+ Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
> Encryption =----

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> I've grown plenty of vegetables

>> How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*," you imbecile?

> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees, you crank?
> Many vegetables can be grown to live on without killing
> animals.
> Nothing *has* to die.

======================================
ROTFLMAO What a hoot! You can't even stay with the post. Now
you have to amend it, just to try to say something, and you have
yet to prove your claims...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees,

>> One more time.

> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees, you crank?
> Many vegetables can be grown to live on without killing
> animals.
> Nothing *has* to die.
>
>> How about "Breadcrumbs *wheat* and *rye*,"

> What about them? Are you honest enough to admit that vegetables
> and fruits can be produced without killing animals?

================================
Not in quantities that will keep you alive, fool, and not in all
cases.

> you ****?
>
> Oh dear; I'm dealing with another juvenile delinquent.

=======================
No, you're just another of a long line of ignorant fools...

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> How about potatoes, swedes and fruit grown on trees

>> Stop trying to change the subject.

> The subject is vegetable production

======================
No, that wasn't the original post, fool..

and the fact that it doesn't
> have to be the cause of any animal deaths. I asked you if you
> were
> honest enough to admit that fact, but it seems you aren't. Oh
> well.
>
> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:14:47 +0000, Phil Odox >
>> wrote:

>>><cut>

>>>That is a correct statement.

>>>That maybe so, but the it doesn't take anything away from
>>>nemo's correct statement; nothing *has* to die to provide
>>>vegetarians with food.

>> well, you mean nothing with a face has to die.

> Nothing with any real sentience to take into account.

============================
LOL Now, ask her if it was mice or voles that were eating her
food if she would still choose herself.
You're just one more ignorant brainwashed fool.

>> rick and usual suspect are best ignored as whackos.

> I got that message loud and clear before you told me, but
> thanks
> for warning me anyway. ;-)

=======================
You should know all about whack jobs, fool..

>> I think
>> it's mostly a matter of doing relatively less harm, than you
>> would
>> if you weren't vegan.
>>

> I agree, and furthermore being vegetarian means animals don't
> have
> to die for our food, even though some may die on occasion
> during the
> process of producing and transporting it.
> ================================

Animals by the millions die in the production of your veggies,
hypocrite. They even die for your entertainment here on usenet.
But then, we already knew that animals weren't any real concern
to you. Just spewing the same brainwashed propaganda was all you
have in mind...

>> I tried to grow some zuchhini over the summer, and the plants
>> all got killed by bugs, before I got around to buying
>> something to fend them
>> off. If it's me or them, naturally I will pick me. When you
>> do the
>> growing yourself, it puts things in a slightly different
>> perspective.

> I've hardly anything worth boasting about this year. A
> summer-long
> hose pipe ban didn't help much.
>
>> tracy
>>
>> PS I think cutting out all dairy really is helping me already.
>> wow.

> I started off by cutting out all dairy products when going
> vegetarian.
> Shortly after that I moved next door to a goat keeper and
> started drinking
> about three pints a week. My neighbour suffered a stroke about
> two years
> ago and gave up keeping them, and since then I've noticed
> higher energy
> levels similar to those I experienced when first going
> vegetarian.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> well, you mean nothing with a face has to die.

>> "Has to die" is meaningless sophistry when you know damn well
>> that animals DO die in the normal course of commercial-scale
>> agriculture.
>>

> They might, sometimes, but that doesn't mean to say that they
> *have* to die in order for vegetarians to eat. Are you honest
> enough to admit this simple fact?

================================
Not as long as you insist without proof, fool. YOU are not
providing anywhere near the amount of food you need from any
hand-tended garden. You are not growing wheat and rye in ANY
quantity. Since you have had to change the oringinal posts
words, you showing that you don't even beleive you own protests,
killer.

> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> They might,

>> They do die in the NORMAL course of commercial-scale
>> agriculture.

> That may be so, occasionally, but are you honest enough to
> say that they don't have to? So far you've shown that you
> aren't.

=============================
Not as long as you refuse to admit facts, killer. "Occasionlly"
What a hoot!!! How many millions of pounds of pesticides are
used on farms, storage areas, and processors every year, fool?
Do you know how many voles can live on one acre of a farm?

What are you afraid of?
=========================
Nothing you have to offer, fool.

> Your
>> sophistry, as noble as you may think it is to prate
>> incessantly about not harming animals, is specious and
>> meaningless since it's fantasy-based rather than
>> reality-based.

> I've grown tons of the stuff during my life without killing
> animals. There's nothing unrealistic about that.

==============================
That I'll say is a ly, killer...

> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> That may be so,

>> It is so.
>>
>>> occasionally,

>> Wrong. NORMALLY. ROUTINELY.

> No,

Yes.

> and even then we still have the fact
> that they didn't have to.

That's a wish, not a fact.

>>> I've grown tons of the stuff

>> Liar

> You're very quick to call everyone you disagree with a liar,

Wrong, not everyone. You haven't grown TONS of anything, and you claim
you have. That makes you a liar. Liar.

> and in this instance you have no way of knowing whether I've
> grown vegetables or not.

I have reason to doubt you've grown TONS of them.

>> and yet again you've failed to address the fact that
>> commercially-grown wheat and rye causes harm to animals

> That might well be true

It IS true, pansy. And since it IS true, all your sophistry about
whether or not animals had to die is specious and wishful thinking. They
DO die, and they die in the NORMAL course of producing food for vegetarians.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> usual suspect wrote:

>>> That may be so,

>> It is so.
>>
>>> occasionally,

>> Wrong. NORMALLY. ROUTINELY.
>>

> No, only occasionally, and even then we still have the fact
> that they didn't have to.

====================================
No fool, routinely and, in many cases, deliberately.

http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/fishkill.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/bird_fish_CA.html
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/news...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/P...carbofuran.htm
http://www.nwf.org/internationalwildlife/hawk.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn36/pn36p3.htm
http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...eFactSheet.pdf
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg07_Wildl...on/pg7f2b6.htm
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
http://www.wildlifedamagecontrol.com.../leastharm.htm
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/wildlife/small_grains_wildlife.html
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/sugarcane.htm
http://www.wildlifetrustofindia.org/...ele_poison.htm
http://species.fws.gov/bio_rhin.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
http://www.hornedlizards.org/hornedlizards/help.html
http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/b-5093.html
http://www.orst.edu/dept/ncs/newsarc...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.orst.edu/instruct/fw251/n...riculture.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn35/pn35p6.html
http://www.greenenergyohio.org/defau...iew&pageID=135
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/capandtrade/power.pdf
http://www.nirs.org/licensedtokill/L...xecsummary.pdf
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html
http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/issues/towers/towers.htm
http://www.abcbirds.org/policy/towerkill.htm
http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/es_ma...ticle_22.mhtml
http://www.netwalk.com/~vireo/devastatingtoll.html
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...7697992.htm?1c
http://www.energy.ca.gov/pier/energy...00-01-019.html
http://www.repp.org/repp_pubs/articl.../04impacts.htm
http://www.wvrivers.org/anker-upshur.htm
http://www.fisheries.org/html/Public...nts/ps_2.shtml
http://www.powerscorecard.org/issue_...cfm?issue_id=5
http://www.safesecurevital.org/artic...012012004.html

http://www.cgfi.org/materials/key_pu...oxic_Tools.pdf
http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2756.htm
http://www.biotech-info.net/deadly_chemicals.html
http://www.agnr.umd.edu/ipmnet/4-2art1.htm
http://europa.eu.int/comm/environmen...ing_annex1.pdf

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
dealing with power and communications.
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

>>> I've grown tons of the stuff

>> Liar

> You're very quick to call everyone you disagree with a liar,
> and in this instance you have no way of knowing whether I've
> grown vegetables or not. You know, when publicly calling
> someone a liar it's often done to discredit that person, but
> when you do it you have the knack of discrediting yourself
> instead.
> ==========================

In this case, truth...

> , and yet again you've failed to address the fact that
>> commercially-grown wheat and rye causes harm to animals

> That might well be true on some occasions, but not all, and
> on the occasions where they do, they didn't have to.
>

> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>It's a perfectly true statement; nothing *has* to die
>>>to provide vegetarians with food.

>> =========================
>> No, it is not, and you have failed to prove it.
>>

> I've proved it many times over the years by growing quite a
> fair bit of veg, and no animals died during it's production.
> Animals don't have to die in order for vegetarians to eat.

========================
Not if you want to live.

>>>, fool.
>>>
>>>Your inability to converse in a civil manner is noted,
>>>and you've barely finished your first sentence.

>> ========================
>> Your inability to accept reality is noted, killer.
>>

> The reality is your shame and lack of courage to admit the
> fact that vegetarians can eat food without killing animals.
> <cut>

==============================
Not in any amounts that will feed them, fool. And, as to the
original post that started this, it was about celebrating a
holiday, and it was posted on usenet. The fact remains that it
was all a ly. Except maybe the part about him and puds.
Quite a number of vegans seem to lean towards that... Must be
the diet, eh fool?

[...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> [...]

http://europa.eu.int/comm/environmen...ing_annex1.pdf

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> [...]

http://europa.eu.int/comm/environmen...ing_annex1.pdf

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:

>>> It's a perfectly true statement; nothing *has* to die
>>> to provide vegetarians with food.

>> =========================
>> No, it is not, and you have failed to prove it.

> I've proved it many times

No, you've grown only enough for yourself -- and I bet you haven't grown
100% of the food consumed in your household. The more commercially-grown
food you consume, the greater the number of animals injured, poisoned,
or killed for your diet. That pile of dead and wounded animals, if you
had the guts to even start to count through it, is the evidence that a
vegetarian diet is a meaningless gesture if the criterion for not
harming animals actually means NOT HARMING ANIMALS.

If you consider harm to animals to be a moral issue, your virtue isn't
based on your pipedreams about mythical production that doesn't harm
animals, but on your actual consumption and how that consumption affects
animals. You get some reprieve to the extent that you grow some of your
own food. But since you likely consume foods that are grown on a
commercial scale (e.g., grains and legumes) and stored (where health
codes REQUIRE proactive pest control), you DO kill animals through your
consumption. That makes you no better than someone who eats meat by your
own criterion.

> Animals don't have to die in order for vegetarians to eat.

That's your mythical little pipedream. In the real world, standard
vegetarian diets cause animal deaths.

>> Your inability to accept reality is noted, killer.
>>

> The reality is your shame and lack of courage to admit the
> fact that vegetarians can eat food without killing animals.

You have a higher hurdle to jump since standard vegetarian diets cause
animal deaths, and in great quantities.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
<...>
> Animals don't have to die in vegetable production.

But they *do*. That makes vegetarians who claim some form of virtue
arising from a meatless diet to be hypocrites.

> <cut>

Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>The subject is vegetable production

>> ======================
>> No, that wasn't the original post, fool..
>>

> It is now, and I see that none of you have the courage to
> say aloud that animals don't have to die in order to
> produce vegetables for vegans.

============================
For you to live, yes it does. that you can handgrow a few meals
means nothing, fool.

It is because you can't say
> [...]

http://europa.eu.int/comm/environmen...ing_annex1.pdf

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
>> Animals by the millions die in the production of your veggies

> I don't believe that the numbers are that high,

They are.

> and even if they
> were, they didn't have to die. Vegetables and fruit can be grown
> without killing animals,

Yet they are.

> so if one has a moral conscience and
> can't bring themselves to intentionally kill them,

Causing collateral death or injury through personal consumption doesn't
exculpate a vegetarian consumer from any moral guilt for them.

> the best and
> only option is to eat vegetables instead.

Bullshit.

http://www.scienceblog.com/community.../20024572.html

> Do you have the courage

Do YOU have the courage to admit that your paradigm of "I don't harm
animals if I don't eat them" could be flawed, and that other paradigms
that include eating certain kinds of meat (see link above) could cause
less harm?
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
> <cut>
>
>> Animals by the millions die in the production of your veggies

> I don't believe that the numbers are that high,

============================
Willful ignorance. The trademark of veg*ns everywhere...

and even if they
> were, they didn't have to die.

===============================
Yes, they did. The world cannot be fed on your fantasy, and
neither can you, killer.

Vegetables and fruit can be grown
> without killing animals, so if one has a moral conscience and
> can't bring themselves to intentionally kill them, the best and
> only option is to eat vegetables instead. Do you have the
> courage
> to admit that fact, or are you too ashamed?

===========================
Not at all. You are the one too ashemaed to admit their bloody
footprints, hypocrite...

> [...]

http://europa.eu.int/comm/environmen...ing_annex1.pdf

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
<...>
> It's a basic fact
> that vegetation can be produced without killing animals.

It's *not* a fact, it's only the dream of a navel-gazing putz who can't
get his head far enough out of his own ass to see the real world.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

BTW...

Why did you ignore this?

The more commercially-grown food you consume, the greater the
number of animals injured, poisoned, or killed for your diet.
That pile of dead and wounded animals, if you had the guts to
even start to count through it, is the evidence that a
vegetarian diet is a meaningless gesture if the criterion for
not harming animals actually means NOT HARMING ANIMALS.

If you consider harm to animals to be a moral issue, your virtue
isn't based on your pipedreams about mythical production that
doesn't harm animals, but on your actual consumption and how
that consumption affects animals. You get some reprieve to the
extent that you grow some of your own food. But since you likely
consume foods that are grown on a commercial scale (e.g., grains
and legumes) and stored (where health codes REQUIRE proactive
pest control), you DO kill animals through your consumption.
That makes you no better than someone who eats meat by your own
criterion.

> I've grown enough for myself and others when I had the time,

You also bought food to supplement what you grew (probably the other way
around: you supplemented your normal store-bought diet with some of the
produce from your little garden). Why do you avoid discussing your own
moral responsibility for causing ANY animal injuries and deaths via your
personal consumption of commercially-grown, -stored, and -processed
foods and focus only on those who consume meat? You kill animals, they
kill animals. You're in the same ****ing boat.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>That may be so, occasionally, but are you honest enough to
>>>say that they don't have to? So far you've shown that you
>>>aren't.

>> =============================
>> Not as long as you refuse to admit facts, killer.

> Then it's certain you're aware of the fact but won't give in to
> it unless I agree with something you say first. That's
> hilarious.
> Why are you so ashamed of your diet on meat, Rick?

=======================
LOL It is you that is unwilling to admit your bloody footprints,
killer. I have always admited that I kill. Why do you continue
to delude yourself, hypocrite? Afterall, here you are posting
your ignorance on usenet, uneccessarily killing animals for no
more reason than your entertainment.

>> "Occasionlly"

> Rather than *all the time*, as you seem to be insisting, yes.

==============================
Yes, ALL the time, fool. Routinely, systematically, and
deliberately.

>> What a hoot!!! How many millions of pounds of pesticides are
>> used on farms, storage areas, and processors every year

> I've grown veg without the use of any pesticides at all for
> years.
> It can be grown without it. Animals don't have to die in order
> provide vegetarians with food.

===========================
Not and provide you with anywhere near the amount you need to
live. Your fantacy doesn't equate to reality...

>> What are you afraid of?
>> =========================
>> Nothing you have to offer, fool.
>>

> That's false. Your shame has made you incapable of being honest
> concerning vegetarian diets, so much so that you can't even
> bring
> yourself to admit basic truths about it.

===========
No it has not. Your dogmatic brainwashing has made you unaware
of the reality of veg*n diets.

[...]

Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Phil Odox wrote:
<...>
> Your shame has made you incapable of being honest
> concerning vegetarian diets,

You're the one who's being dishonest about it by prating about your
fantasy about no-harm farming rather than blood-and-guts real-world
farming and the dead animals accepted as a normal consequence of
agriculture.

What goes unaccounted for in Regan's vegan conclusion, according
to Davis, is the number of animals who are inadvertently killed
during crop production and harvest.

"Vegan diets are not bloodless diets," Davis said. "Millions of
animals die every year to provide products used in vegan diets."

"Over the years that I have been studying animal rights
theories, I have never found anyone who has considered the
deaths of - or, the 'harm' to - animals of the field," Davis
said. "This, it seems to me, is a serious omission."

Consequently, Davis asks what is the morally relevant difference
between the field mouse and the cow that makes it okay to kill
one but not the other so that humans may eat.

Few studies document the losses of rabbits, mice, pheasants,
snakes and other field animals in planting and harvesting crops.
Said one researcher: "Because most of these animals have been
seen as expendable, or not seen at all, few scientific studies
have been done measuring agriculture's effects on their
populations."

Davis has found evidence that suggests that the unseen losses of
field animals are very high. One study documented that a single
operation, mowing alfalfa, caused a 50 percent reduction in the
gray-tailed vole population. Mortality rates increase with every
pass of the tractor to plow, plant, and harvest. Additions of
herbicides and pesticides cause additional harm to animals of
the field....

Davis proposes a ruminant-pasture model of food production,
which would replace all poultry, pig and lamb production with
beef and dairy products. According to his calculations, such a
model would result in the deaths of 300 million fewer animals
annually (counting both field animals and cattle) than would a
total vegan model. This difference, according to Davis, is
mainly the result of fewer field animals killed in pasture and
forage production than in the growing and harvest of grain,
beans, and corn.

Applying the Least Harm Principle, Davis argues that people may
be morally obliged to consume a diet based on plants and grazing
ruminants in order to cause the least harm to animals.

You also need to respond to what I wrote:
[...]

You're a poseur. Don't be offended or feel alone. You're neither the
first nor the last. The question is whether you'll be honest enough
about it to do something about it or if you'll continue spouting off
your delusional platitudes.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

"Phil Odox" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>I've proved it many times over the years by growing quite a
>>>fair bit of veg, and no animals died during it's production.
>>>Animals don't have to die in order for vegetarians to eat.

>> ========================
>> Not if you want to live.
>>

> Yes, even that. When times were hard I ate only what I could
> grow,
> and not a single animal died during that time, which goes to
> prove
> that a vegetarian can eat without killing them, unlike meat
> eaters.

You can ly to yourself all you want, but we don't believe your
fantacy, killer.