Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default What wines will you be serving for Chrismas

Okay, it is time to start this one. I always find it fun: What wines
(meads) are you serving for Christmas?

I will be serving a Dewberry Melomel made with Huajillo Honey (9 mo. old),
blueberry Melomel made with Tupelo Honey (2 years old), and my Christmas
Cranberry Wine (4 years old).

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wow Ray, sounds wonderful.

Mine is more humble:
Cranberry Shiraz
Pinot Gris
Pinot Noir
Cranberry wine (only 2 years old, I have to taste to see if it's ready)

First 3 are from kits.

The Apple, Strawberry, Pumpkin and Blueberry are not ready yet.

DAve

Ray Calvert wrote:
> Okay, it is time to start this one. I always find it fun: What wines
> (meads) are you serving for Christmas?
>
> I will be serving a Dewberry Melomel made with Huajillo Honey (9 mo. old),
> blueberry Melomel made with Tupelo Honey (2 years old), and my Christmas
> Cranberry Wine (4 years old).

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Ray Calvert wrote:
> Okay, it is time to start this one. I always find it fun: What wines
> (meads) are you serving for Christmas?
>
> I will be serving a Dewberry Melomel made with Huajillo Honey (9 mo. old),
> blueberry Melomel made with Tupelo Honey (2 years old), and my Christmas
> Cranberry Wine (4 years old).

Yours sounds more festive

2003 Cab/Merlot blend (friend's gift; heavenly stuff)
2003 Zinfandel, sur lies aged, 1% RS version (for dessert)