Old 14-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Beach Runner

Scented Nectar wrote:

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .

Skanky wrote:

I respect those that are.

I don't. Their diets and customs are their own business. I'm not Jewish,
nor am I under their laws -- not the ones about food, not the ones about
stoning children for insubordination, not the ones about stoning
homosexuals, not any of them.

Whoa, where did you hear that
one? Jews stoning children and
gays???

I've read it in the Bible.

The bible is what Christians follow.
It's a book full of a lot of violence,
both by man and his god. The
Jewish torah is the same but just
leaves out some parts, the parts
about Jesus being a messiah.
So if you're going to blame Jews
of old for abominations, blame
the Christians of old too. They
were one and the same. Above
you refer to stoning as if it is
happening in present day
Judaism, whereas it is only
happening modernly in Muslim
countries, usually to women
who have been victims of rape.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey
the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that,
when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then
shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him
out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is
stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a
glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone
him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from
among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:19-22

What a full-of-love book.

And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely
put to death. And he that curseth his father, or his mother,
shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 21:15, 17

What a gentle and kind god.

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them
have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to
death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13

No violent intentions by a fascist
god there, eh? Man sure knows
how to make them up.

And fwiw, Dreck, who's claimed before to be "part" Jewish, would have to
deal with his wife and brother in similar fashion:

'The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, he who
commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the
adulteress, shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:10

Do you actually believe in this
stuff?

The dietary laws come from these same texts in Deuteronomy and Leviticus
which prescribe stoning and hanging for various transgressions. If the
rigid laws about human relationships are no longer operative, why do
some Jews believe other rigid laws about diet are? THAT, stupid, was my
point. As I've also noted (and you snipped):
Reform Judaism and Reconstructionist Judaism hold that these
laws are no longer binding. Most Jews in Reform Judaism have
considered these laws a hindrance, rather than a facilitator, of
piety; this is still the mainstream Reform position. Some parts
of the Reform community have begun to move towards a more
traditional position. This tradition-leaning faction agrees with
mainstream Reform that the rules concerning kashrut are no
longer binding, but holds that keeping kosher is an important
way for people to bring holiness into their lives. Thus Jews are
encouraged to consider adopting some or all of the rules of
kashrut on a voluntary basis. The Reconstructionist movement
advocates that its members accept some of the rules of kashrut,
but does so in a non-binding fashion; their stance on kashrut is
the same as the tradition-leaning wing of Reform. The different
movements' positions on kashrut are reflective of their broader
perspectives on Jewish law as a whole.
http://www.answers.com/topic/kashrut

I know some very
orthodox Jews and they do NOT
do the above.

Then maybe they're not Orthodox enough. Why do they pick and choose
which rules to follow and obsess over?

Why do the ones who have talked
you into turning on their lights (work)
during their sabbath not stone
people to death? Are they not
picking and choosing? And since
it's a part of both the bible and
the torah, why aren't you accusing
Christians of stoning?

Where are you
getting your info from, the KKK?

No, the Bible.

Nice book, that.

Usual, you're even more of a
prejudiced

There was nothing prejudiced in what I wrote, you loathsome bitch.

Loathsome bitch? I guess if I
were your mother or father, I would
have to stone you to death for
cursing at me.

To summarize Torah, "Don't do what is hateful to others what is hateful
to others. All the rest is commentary." All the rest is commentary. by
the Great Rabbi Hillel.

Old 14-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

Skanky wrote:

I respect those that are.

I don't. Their diets and customs are their own business. I'm not
Jewish,
nor am I under their laws -- not the ones about food, not the ones
about
stoning children for insubordination, not the ones about stoning
homosexuals, not any of them.

Whoa, where did you hear that
one? Jews stoning children and
gays???

I've read it in the Bible.

The bible is what Christians follow.

Non-Christians also follow it, or parts of it (as the Jews accept the
Torah -- which is part of the Bible, dummy -- and prophets).

It's a book full of a lot of violence,
both by man and his god. The
Jewish torah is the same

The Torah is included in the Bible, dumb ass.

but just leaves out some parts,

You must've attended the same seminary some of Karen Winter's favorite
theologians attended.

the parts about Jesus being a messiah.

You're in over your head, dummy. Christians point to TORAH and see Jesus
Christ; Jews reject him _in toto_.

So if you're going to blame Jews
of old for abominations, blame
the Christians of old too. They
were one and the same.

You're incredibly ignorant of Judeo-Christian history, not to mention
theology. That doesn't exactly surprise me.

Above you refer to stoning as if it is
happening in present day Judaism,

No, DUMB ASS, I was making a point most people with SOME familiarity
with the Bible can comprehend: that the very same texts which outline
kashrut (or kosher since you appear especially dim today) commandments
also command stoning for a variety of offenses. IOW, why should someone
who finds all the commands to stone homosexuals, adulterers, or
insubordinate children objectionable insist that the peculiarities of
dietary commands given to desert nomads 5000 years ago be practiced today?

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey
the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that,
when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then
shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him
out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is
stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a
glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone
him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from
among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:19-22

What a full-of-love book.

Given your juvenile defiance, you're quite lucky you weren't around then.

[...]

That's the whole deal, stupid Skank. I made a point in response to two
****ing idiots who called me either an anti-Semite (Bob) or "prejudiced"
(you) on the basis of my rejection of OT dietary laws and elaboration
that asked why Jews uphold the archaic dietary laws but none of the
others. Those dietary laws come from Leviticus and Deuteronomy, the same
two books which told the Israelites to stone insubordinate children,
homosexuals, adulterers, and everyone else outside of Israel. Funny how
you now sarcastically write it's "full of love" and so on; you're a
****ing hypocritical asshole for impugning me on a point which you seem
to concur. You're a blithering ditz.

The dietary laws come from these same texts in Deuteronomy and Leviticus
which prescribe stoning and hanging for various transgressions. If the
rigid laws about human relationships are no longer operative, why do
some Jews believe other rigid laws about diet are? THAT, stupid, was my
point. As I've also noted (and you snipped):

Why did you not apologize for calling me prejudiced when you find those
commands at least as objectionable as I do?! Whore!!

[...]

Go ask them, ****.

Are they not
picking and choosing?

It appears so to me. That was my whole point, you ignorant buffoon.

And since it's a part of both the bible and
the torah,

The Torah IS the Bible, you illiterate fool. Torah is also called the
Pentateuch, or first five books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers,
and Deuteronomy.

why aren't you accusing
Christians of stoning?

Because Christianity isn't based on keeping OT law (vicarious atonement:
Christ is the fulfillment of the law).

Where are you
getting your info from, the KKK?

No, the Bible.

Nice book, that.

With your sarcasm dripping all over the place, why do you hold so much
contempt for my statement that Jews should follow ALL of the laws rather
than just (some of) the dietary ones?

Usual, you're even more of a
prejudiced

There was nothing prejudiced in what I wrote, you loathsome bitch.

Loathsome bitch?

Yes, a loathsome, insufferable, boorish, uncreative, slacking,
home-bound, agoraphobic, stoned, CAR-LESS psycho BITCH.

I guess if I were your mother or father,

You aren't.

The Torah is not part of the Bible, is is the 5 books of Moses. The New
Testament translates incorrectly into Greek and hundreds of years later
add some books.
Old 14-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
news
Skanky wrote:
I respect those that are.

I don't. Their diets and customs are their own business. I'm not

Jewish,
nor am I under their laws -- not the ones about food, not the ones

about
stoning children for insubordination, not the ones about stoning
homosexuals, not any of them.

Whoa, where did you hear that
one? Jews stoning children and
gays???

I've read it in the Bible.

The bible is what Christians follow.

Non-Christians also follow it, or parts of it (as the Jews accept the
Torah -- which is part of the Bible, dummy -- and prophets).

It's a book full of a lot of violence,
both by man and his god. The
Jewish torah is the same

The Torah is included in the Bible, dumb ass.

Duh. I said the torah is the
same. It's just missing the
Jesus stuff.

but just leaves out some parts,

You must've attended the same seminary some of Karen Winter's favorite
theologians attended.

the parts about Jesus being a messiah.

You're in over your head, dummy. Christians point to TORAH and see Jesus
Christ; Jews reject him _in toto_.

Jesus is in the torah? Where?

So if you're going to blame Jews
of old for abominations, blame
the Christians of old too. They
were one and the same.

You're incredibly ignorant of Judeo-Christian history, not to mention
theology. That doesn't exactly surprise me.

That's no answer. You know that
they were one and the same
before separating off into 2
different religions.

Above you refer to stoning as if it is
happening in present day Judaism,

No, DUMB ASS, I was making a point most people with SOME familiarity
with the Bible can comprehend: that the very same texts which outline
kashrut (or kosher since you appear especially dim today) commandments
also command stoning for a variety of offenses. IOW, why should someone
who finds all the commands to stone homosexuals, adulterers, or
insubordinate children objectionable insist that the peculiarities of
dietary commands given to desert nomads 5000 years ago be practiced today?

Why should any of it be believed
or practiced? Those objectionable
parts are not revoked somewhere
later down the road. They are still
in the bible.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey
the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that,
when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then
shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him
out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is
stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a
glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone
him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from
among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:19-22

What a full-of-love book.

Given your juvenile defiance, you're quite lucky you weren't around then.

Do you actually follow and believe
this book of killings. Do you not
mind that the god you've chosen
to believe in is vengeful, wrathful,
authoritarian, and fascist?

[...]

But do you actually believe in
the bible, selectively picking
out passages?

The dietary laws come from these same texts in Deuteronomy and Leviticus
which prescribe stoning and hanging for various transgressions. If the
rigid laws about human relationships are no longer operative, why do
some Jews believe other rigid laws about diet are? THAT, stupid, was my
point. As I've also noted (and you snipped):

Why did you not apologize for calling me prejudiced when you find those
commands at least as objectionable as I do?! Whore!!

Whore? Why would I apologize for
anything regarding you the insulter.
Apologize first for Whore!! and
everything else you've ever called
me. Or does that only go one way?

[...]

If they had done it to you, I wouldn't
have to.

Are they not
picking and choosing?

It appears so to me. That was my whole point, you ignorant buffoon.

You either are Kashrut or not.
No inbetween. That's what you
said somewhere else, isn't it?

And since it's a part of both the bible and
the torah,

The Torah IS the Bible, you illiterate fool. Torah is also called the
Pentateuch, or first five books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers,
and Deuteronomy.

why aren't you accusing
Christians of stoning?

Because Christianity isn't based on keeping OT law (vicarious atonement:
Christ is the fulfillment of the law).

Where does it say to ignore the
past rules? And you can't claim
that Christ's killing atones you for
some bad things but not all.

Where are you
getting your info from, the KKK?

No, the Bible.

Nice book, that.

With your sarcasm dripping all over the place, why do you hold so much
contempt for my statement that Jews should follow ALL of the laws rather
than just (some of) the dietary ones?

That's your all or nothing point
of view. What's wrong with them
just following the parts they agree
with?

Usual, you're even more of a
prejudiced

There was nothing prejudiced in what I wrote, you loathsome bitch.

Loathsome bitch?

Yes, a loathsome, insufferable, boorish, uncreative, slacking,
home-bound, agoraphobic, stoned, CAR-LESS psycho BITCH.

You're a prejudiced insulter. That's
why you have no friends.

I guess if I were your mother or father,

You aren't.

If I was, I'd have to stone you to death
in the old testament.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 14-08-2005, 08:17 PM
usual suspect

Bob took some drugs and wrote:
[...]

Torah - the first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures
comprising the first five books of the Hebrew Bible considered
as a unit.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Torah

Those first five books are the books of Moses (as I noted above):
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

The New Testament translates incorrectly into Greek

No, it doesn't. The NT is consistent with the Septuagint (aka LXX),
which is the Greek version of the OT dating to the third century BC
(i.e., it was translated by Jews long before Jesus' birth).
Old 14-08-2005, 08:42 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
[...]

You have no idea what you're writing.

but just leaves out some parts,

You must've attended the same seminary some of Karen Winter's favorite
theologians attended.

the parts about Jesus being a messiah.

You're in over your head, dummy. Christians point to TORAH and see Jesus
Christ; Jews reject him _in toto_.

Jesus is in the torah? Where?

Christians point to the various Messianic references throughout the OT,
including the Pentateuch.

Among other sources:
http://biblia.com/jesusbible/prophecies.htm
http://www.christadelphia.org/pamphlet/christ.htm

So if you're going to blame Jews
of old for abominations, blame
the Christians of old too. They
were one and the same.

You're incredibly ignorant of Judeo-Christian history, not to mention
theology. That doesn't exactly surprise me.

That's no answer.

You asked no question.

You're not, so go **** yourself.

Old 14-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .

Your fake return email makes me
have to ask. Why are you not
supporting your troops by
enlisting?

Skanky wrote:
[...]

Does it refer to Jesus by name
anywhere?

but just leaves out some parts,

You must've attended the same seminary some of Karen Winter's favorite
theologians attended.

the parts about Jesus being a messiah.

You're in over your head, dummy. Christians point to TORAH and see Jesus
Christ; Jews reject him _in toto_.

Jesus is in the torah? Where?

Christians point to the various Messianic references throughout the OT,
including the Pentateuch.

Jews don't believe Jesus was
a messiah. You won't find him
referred to as such in the torah.

Among other sources:
http://biblia.com/jesusbible/prophecies.htm
http://www.christadelphia.org/pamphlet/christ.htm

So if you're going to blame Jews
of old for abominations, blame
the Christians of old too. They
were one and the same.

You're incredibly ignorant of Judeo-Christian history, not to mention
theology. That doesn't exactly surprise me.

That's no answer.

You asked no question.

Before Jesus, the Christians
and Jews were all Jews.

I guess if I were your mother or father,

You aren't.

If I was,

You're not, so go **** yourself.

Snip, insult, and run,

Old 15-08-2005, 01:19 PM
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
Read levitius. I obviously use it as a guide.

Do you stone homosexuals, adulterers, psychics, wizards, or disobedient
children? Do you cut your hair and shave? Have you ever had sex with a
menstruating woman, or a woman who's just off her period (within a week)?
Old 16-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

Read levitius. I obviously use it as a guide.

Do you stone homosexuals, adulterers, psychics, wizards, or disobedient
children? Do you cut your hair and shave? Have you ever had sex with a
menstruating woman, or a woman who's just off her period (within a week)?

i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel
Old 16-08-2005, 01:30 PM
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
Read levitius. I obviously use it as a guide.

Do you stone homosexuals, adulterers, psychics, wizards, or
disobedient children? Do you cut your hair and shave? Have you ever
had sex with a menstruating woman, or a woman who's just off her
period (within a week)?

i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel

IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
"anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.
Old 17-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

Read levitius. I obviously use it as a guide.

Do you stone homosexuals, adulterers, psychics, wizards, or
disobedient children? Do you cut your hair and shave? Have you ever
had sex with a menstruating woman, or a woman who's just off her
period (within a week)?

i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel

No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
"anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

I respect other religions and moralities. I don't have to follow them.
I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

I still can't believe you didn't recognize immediately the consequence
of atomic wastes in the food chain. For someone so "smart" if it doesn't
fit your agenda, you become oblivious. Not minor incident, a major,
prolonged process.

Old 19-08-2005, 05:32 PM
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
Read levitius. I obviously use it as a guide.

Do you stone homosexuals, adulterers, psychics, wizards, or
disobedient children? Do you cut your hair and shave? Have you ever
had sex with a menstruating woman, or a woman who's just off her
period (within a week)?

i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel

No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

I didn't write that Jews who follow tradition are sick, you disgusting
little prick. I wrote that Jews who micromanage their diets far beyond
what the Torah commands are orthorexic. There's NO command for anyone to
have TWO ****ING SETS of cookware. There's NO command for anyone to
abstain from cheeseburgers or enchiladas or tacos. There's NO command
for anyone to wait several hours between a dairy meal and a meat meal.
That's all made-up hogwash.

IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
"anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

I respect other religions and moralities.

There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.

I don't have to follow them.

You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and can't
eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a rabbi come
in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.

I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.

Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm
Old 20-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:
Beach Runner wrote:

[...]

Leviticus is not all of Judaism. It is based on other books.
Orthodox Jews follow these laws. They are not sick.
I respect them.

Old 20-08-2005, 05:29 PM
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
[...]

I didn't say it was.

It is based on other books.

The Talmud has very little to do with Judaism, but everything to do with
Pharisaism.

Orthodox Jews follow these laws.

Man's laws, not God's.

They are not sick.

Yes, they are. They're not holy or special just because they mandate
their followers have two sets of cookware or observe their own silly rules.

I respect them.

I don't with respect to their rules.

IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others
as "anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

I respect other religions and moralities.

There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.

Explain the "morality" of requiring adherents to have TWO SETS OF
COOKWARE, Boob.

I don't have to follow them.

You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and
can't eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a
rabbi come in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.

I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.

Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm

Established.