usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
>>> hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel

> No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

I didn't write that Jews who follow tradition are sick, you disgusting
little prick. I wrote that Jews who micromanage their diets far beyond
what the Torah commands are orthorexic. There's NO command for anyone to
have TWO ****ING SETS of cookware. There's NO command for anyone to
abstain from cheeseburgers or enchiladas or tacos. There's NO command
for anyone to wait several hours between a dairy meal and a meat meal.
That's all made-up hogwash.

>> IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
>> "anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

> I respect other religions and moralities.

There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.

> I don't have to follow them.

You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and can't
eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a rabbi come
in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.

> I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.

Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

>> No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

> I didn't write that Jews who follow tradition are sick, you disgusting
> little prick. I wrote that Jews who micromanage their diets far beyond
> what the Torah commands are orthorexic. There's NO command for anyone to
> have TWO ****ING SETS of cookware. There's NO command for anyone to
> abstain from cheeseburgers or enchiladas or tacos. There's NO command
> for anyone to wait several hours between a dairy meal and a meat meal.
> That's all made-up hogwash.

Leviticus is not all of Judaism. It is based on other books.
Orthodox Jews follow these laws. They are not sick.
I respect them.

>>> IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
>>> "anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

>> I respect other religions and moralities.

> There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.
>
>> I don't have to follow them.

> You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and can't
> eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a rabbi come
> in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.
>
>> I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

> Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.
>
> Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
> the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
> either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
> of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
> Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
> including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
> believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
> http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

>> I didn't write that Jews who follow tradition are sick, you disgusting
>> little prick. I wrote that Jews who micromanage their diets far beyond
>> what the Torah commands are orthorexic. There's NO command for anyone
>> to have TWO ****ING SETS of cookware. There's NO command for anyone to
>> abstain from cheeseburgers or enchiladas or tacos. There's NO command
>> for anyone to wait several hours between a dairy meal and a meat meal.
>> That's all made-up hogwash.

> Leviticus is not all of Judaism.

I didn't say it was.

> It is based on other books.

The Talmud has very little to do with Judaism, but everything to do with
Pharisaism.

> Orthodox Jews follow these laws.

Man's laws, not God's.

> They are not sick.

Yes, they are. They're not holy or special just because they mandate
their followers have two sets of cookware or observe their own silly rules.

> I respect them.

I don't with respect to their rules.

>>> I respect other religions and moralities.

>> There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.

Explain the "morality" of requiring adherents to have TWO SETS OF
COOKWARE, Boob.

>>> I don't have to follow them.

>> You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and
>> can't eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a
>> rabbi come in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.
>>
>>> I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

>> Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.
>>
>> Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
>> the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
>> either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
>> of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
>> Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
>> including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
>> believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
>> http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm

Established.