usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> i've made clear my view of the bible. "Don't do to other what is
>>> hateful to you, all the rest is commentary" - Hillel

> No, you are anti semetic for saying Jews who follow tradition are sick.

I didn't write that Jews who follow tradition are sick, you disgusting
little prick. I wrote that Jews who micromanage their diets far beyond
what the Torah commands are orthorexic. There's NO command for anyone to
have TWO ****ING SETS of cookware. There's NO command for anyone to
abstain from cheeseburgers or enchiladas or tacos. There's NO command
for anyone to wait several hours between a dairy meal and a meat meal.
That's all made-up hogwash.

>> IOW, you pick and choose the parts you like and then impugn others as
>> "anti-Semitic" for disagreeing with your choices.

> I respect other religions and moralities.

There's nothing "moral" about having TWO SETS OF COOKWARE.

> I don't have to follow them.

You don't have to follow the bullshit rules about when you can and can't
eat certain foods, about how many sets of cookware, or have a rabbi come
in and certify that your kitchen is kashrut.

> I'm not Buddhist but I would never call them sick.

Buddhists have no orthorexic dietary rules.

Vegetarianism was not a part of the early Buddhist tradition and
the Buddha himself was not a vegetarian. The Buddha got his food
either by going on alms rounds or by being invited to the houses
of his supporters and in both cases he ate what he was given.
Before his enlightenment he had experimented with various diets
including a meatless diet, but he eventually abandoned them
believing that they did not contribute to spiritual development.
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/...data/fdd21.htm