elgoog

Default Clear Eyes

I finally got my loose leaf tea infuser system. After two months of
drinking bagged tea (never been a tea drinker before).

Yesterday, I tried out my new tea infuser. I had a cup of each of four
different loose leaf green teas. Including one just before bed, which
is not a usual habit.

For more than 20 years, I wake up every morning with my eyes encrusted
with "sleepy dust" and my vision blurry until I wash my face and have
my first cup of coffee... er, tea, I've given up coffee. But, this
morning I woke up clear-eyed with clear vision. I know that green tea
is said to interfere the biochemical process that produces an allergic
response.**

Is it possible ...? We shall see.

**Prevention, April 2003

Melinda

I could be so lucky..:/ My mother passed away last fall and while she was
ailing I was keeping watch at her bedside...anyway, while I was going
through all that, I began to get very irritated eyes, very dry and also I've
been sneezing something awful. And I drink green tea all the time.

On the other hand, all this could be much worse if I hadn't been drinking
tea. I haven't had the flu this winter, and I only had one small cold.
So...who knows. I drink it for the enjoyment anyhow, health benefits are
icing.

But the upshot is that I've noticed myself with a group of basically stress
related immune problems over the last six months that are slowly slowly
getting better. But I don't know that the tea is helping or hurting.

(Dermatologist has me on antihistimines. They work to a point but...make me
groggy....::yawn::...

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are
"elgoog" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I finally got my loose leaf tea infuser system. After two months of
> drinking bagged tea (never been a tea drinker before).
>
> Yesterday, I tried out my new tea infuser. I had a cup of each of four
> different loose leaf green teas. Including one just before bed, which
> is not a usual habit.
>
> For more than 20 years, I wake up every morning with my eyes encrusted
> with "sleepy dust" and my vision blurry until I wash my face and have
> my first cup of coffee... er, tea, I've given up coffee. But, this
> morning I woke up clear-eyed with clear vision. I know that green tea
> is said to interfere the biochemical process that produces an allergic
> response.**
>
> Is it possible ...? We shall see.
>
> **Prevention, April 2003

Bluesea

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> I could be so lucky..:/ My mother passed away last fall...

Please accept my condolences.

> (Dermatologist has me on antihistimines. They work to a point but...make

me
> groggy....::yawn::...

Do you take them every day? The drowsiness is supposed to go away after
about 3 days or so.

--
~~Bluesea~~

elgoog

Oh, absolutely. Please, I did not mean to infer the green tea is a cure
for allergies, I don't believe that. I get hayfever every year, cedar
and ragweed.

I was merely recognizing that an annoyance of crusty, blurry eyes at
dawn might be a mild form of allergy. The Prevention magazine does not
suggest that the green tea is a substitute for antihistimines, or
treatment for serious allergic reactions. It only demonstrates a
relationship between diminished and less severe episodes of allergy
related symptoms.

I became interested in green tea for the flavonoids/antioxidants, but
it is meant to be a pleasure. I mean to surround my tea drinking
experience with quiet rituals that may help to relieve stress.
Nonetheless, the more I learn, the more impressed I become with the
healthful properties.

I highly recommend it and it tastes good. :-D

My sympathies on the loss of your mother.

Falky foo

> it is meant to be a pleasure. I mean to surround my tea drinking
> experience with quiet rituals that may help to relieve stress.

What many people here forget is that, even more than improving health,
drinking tea creates pleasurable experiences.