Old 29-08-2006, 07:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My eyes! Ahhh!!

Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
that when I looked to see what she was saying.

Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
sure the sign is visible.

nancy

Old 29-08-2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope you
also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

Old 29-08-2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

Even worse, though, I was scouting out a line to pay when a
woman with an id badge said, that's an express line, come
over here. They have 2 express lines, I never once had any
idea there was a third. Oh, man, how many times have I used
that line when I shouldn't have. Heh. I defend myself by saying,
they have balloons floating around the sign, I still couldn't read
that when I looked to see what she was saying.

Well, I told her, I never knew that was express! and she said, a lot
of people don't. Guess they need to put more effort into making
sure the sign is visible.

nancy

My latest candy find is chocolate and candy coated sunflower seeds.
They are like little, tiny, tear-drop shaped M&Ms with sunflower seeds
in the center. Winco sells them in the bulk foods department. They
are incredibly delicious, and I can't eat them because of on the diet I
am on!

-L.

Old 29-08-2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full.
I told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on
the counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did
this until his basket was empty.

Old 29-08-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Glenn" wrote

A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full. I
told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on the
counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did this
until his basket was empty.

I guess he missed the part where you proceed to the back
of the line after each transaction?

nancy

Old 29-08-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:
Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually.

I never got near strawberry flavored Quik, either.

BTW, I hope you also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

I sincerely do not need any more candy addictions now that I have
gone from the -- weight column to the + in the space of a year.
(laugh)

nancy

Old 29-08-2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

"Glenn" wrote

A guy pulled into a 15-item express line with a basket completely full. I
told him he was in an express line. He proceeded to put 15 items on the
counter, pay for them, and then he put another 15 items up. He did this
until his basket was empty.

I guess he missed the part where you proceed to the back
of the line after each transaction?

nancy

Guess so. Somehow I rather give him credit for being that obnoxious
though...

Pete C.
Old 29-08-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:
Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope you
also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were quite
good. I don't think they exist any more though.

Pete C.
Old 29-08-2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

Christopher Helms wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:
Picked up some Milk Duds when I was food shopping earlier
today and noticed a new product. Makes me ill just to say
what it was: Strawberry flavor Whoppers. Malted milk balls
in pepto-pink strawberry flavor coating. It's just wrong.

It does seem rather unnatural, but strawberry and vanilla malted milk
balls are out there and they're not as bad as they sound. I tried some
about a year ago and they weren't too shabby, actually. BTW, I hope

you
also picked up some Skittles. They're just plain good.

I haven't run across them and rather expect I'd find them odd. I do
remember the old malted milk tablets that used to exist which were

quite
good. I don't think they exist any more though.

Pete C.

I remember Milk duds as being chocolate with chewy caramel inside. At the
movies there were those malted milk balls that were chocolate with the
malt inside.

Now I'm strung out on sweettarts. Was up to two rolls a day. @^/

Andy
Old 29-08-2006, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms wrote:

Nancy Young wrote:
[...]

Er, Milk Duds are chocolate coated caramel bits. Whoppers are the puffed
malted milk balls coated with chocolate.

The malted milk tablets I mentioned were available in regular and
chocolate versions and were a compressed tablet perhaps 3/4" dia x 3/16"
thick. The brand might have been "Horlick's" or something like that.

Hey! What do you know, they still exist:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s... hid=inceptor

Pete C.

Pete C.

Old 29-08-2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote

Now I'm strung out on sweettarts. Was up to two rolls a day. @^/

I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

nancy

Old 29-08-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C., after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

The malted milk tablets I mentioned were available in regular and
chocolate versions and were a compressed tablet perhaps 3/4" dia x
3/16" thick. The brand might have been "Horlick's" or something like
that.

Hey! What do you know, they still exist:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...lmain.jsp?item
Type=PRODUCT&itemID=11881&searchid=inceptor

Pete C.

Pete C,

How about that!!! Good for you!

My bean counters are currently crunching the numbers to determine if it
would be financially beneficial to switch my habit over to Horlicks.
Results at 11.

Andy
@^/
Old 29-08-2006, 11:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

nancy

nancy,

So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! GRIN

Andy

Old 29-08-2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote
Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! GRIN

Heh!! Smart enough to switch to Milk Duds!

nancy

Old 29-08-2006, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29 Aug
2006, typed out:

"Andy" q wrote
Nancy Young, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 29

Aug
2006, typed out:

I was seriously hooked on Smarties for a while, who knows why.

So they obviously DIDN'T make you smarter! GRIN

Heh!! Smart enough to switch to Milk Duds!

nancy

OK...

Andy
slowly stepping backwards

Ahhh, much better Rozari Recipes 0 08-12-2005 01:19 PM
Ahhh, Saturday is here! Piedmont Barbecue 0 18-12-2004 03:00 PM
Ahhh... Dog3 General Cooking 5 25-11-2004 09:07 PM