Old 24-05-2015, 11:18 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default England Maybank tea?

On Thursday, 26 May 2011 23:23:21 UTC+10, Brenda wrote:
Brenda had written this in response to
http://www.drinksforum.com/tea/Engla...tea-20641-.htm :
Hello,
I am also related to William Branthwaite through his daughter Sarah
Branthwaite Russell born 1857. I have been researching the family and have
information to share. I have been unable to find any information about
Maybank tea but do have information about him and his family.
Are you the grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite who died off the
Australian coast in 1919?
Brenda Tumber
Ontario, Canada

Hello Brenda.

I have just had reason to go through my Branthwaite records and I have found your reply to my message posted in 2003!. I do not recall ever seeing this so I must have missed it somehow. If you read this please accept my apologies for my carelessness and I would be very pleased if we could swap information. In answer to your question, yes, I am a grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite.
..
..Doug Anderson.
..

Doug and Margaret wrote:

My Great Grandfather, William Branthwaite born 1827, was a tea blender
in Liverpool. He imported tea from the Far East. His tea, which was
sold
across England and Scotland, may have been called Maybank. Does anybody
know of this blend of tea or have any information about it?.

Doug Anderson
Australia.

-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
Beer and Wine Community
Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
rec.food.drink.tea - 28303 messages and counting!

Old 16-09-2015, 08:34 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

.
.Doug Anderson.
.

Doug and Margaret wrote:

My Great Grandfather, William Branthwaite born 1827, was a tea blender
in Liverpool. He imported tea from the Far East. His tea, which was
sold
across England and Scotland, may have been called Maybank. Does anybody
know of this blend of tea or have any information about it?.

Doug Anderson
Australia.

-------------------------------------

Could you contact me directly please regarding William Branthwaite and family at

Brenda

Delivered via
http://www.drinksforum.com/
Beer and Wine Community
Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
rec.food.drink.tea - 28303 messages and counting!

NEW ENGLAND COOK-IN Felice General Cooking 13 18-07-2008 05:13 PM
Pepper in England Mike General Cooking 6 29-07-2006 09:14 AM
New England One-Pot Dinner 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 24-11-2004 04:58 AM
Tea in England Dave Croft Tea 2 27-01-2004 11:19 PM