Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default England Maybank tea?

On Thursday, 26 May 2011 23:23:21 UTC+10, Brenda wrote:
> Brenda had written this in response to
> http://www.drinksforum.com/tea/Engla...tea-20641-.htm :
> Hello,
> I am also related to William Branthwaite through his daughter Sarah
> Branthwaite Russell born 1857. I have been researching the family and have
> information to share. I have been unable to find any information about
> Maybank tea but do have information about him and his family.
> Are you the grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite who died off the
> Australian coast in 1919?
> Brenda Tumber
> Ontario, Canada

Hello Brenda.

I have just had reason to go through my Branthwaite records and I have found your reply to my message posted in 2003!. I do not recall ever seeing this so I must have missed it somehow. If you read this please accept my apologies for my carelessness and I would be very pleased if we could swap information. In answer to your question, yes, I am a grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite.
..
..Doug Anderson.
..

> Doug and Margaret wrote:
>

> > My Great Grandfather, William Branthwaite born 1827, was a tea blender
> > in Liverpool. He imported tea from the Far East. His tea, which was
> > sold
> > across England and Scotland, may have been called Maybank. Does anybody
> > know of this blend of tea or have any information about it?.

> > Doug Anderson
> > Australia.

> -------------------------------------
>

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
> Beer and Wine Community
> Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
> rec.food.drink.tea - 28303 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2011 23:23:21 UTC+10, Brenda wrote:
> > Brenda had written this in response to
> > http://www.drinksforum.com/tea/Engla...tea-20641-.htm :
> > Hello,
> > I am also related to William Branthwaite through his daughter Sarah
> > Branthwaite Russell born 1857. I have been researching the family and have
> > information to share. I have been unable to find any information about
> > Maybank tea but do have information about him and his family.
> > Are you the grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite who died off the
> > Australian coast in 1919?
> > Brenda Tumber
> > Ontario, Canada

> Hello Brenda.
>
> I have just had reason to go through my Branthwaite records and I have found your reply to my message posted in 2003!. I do not recall ever seeing this so I must have missed it somehow. If you read this please accept my apologies for my carelessness and I would be very pleased if we could swap information. In answer to your question, yes, I am a grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite.
> .
> .Doug Anderson.
> .
>

> > Doug and Margaret wrote:
> >

> > > My Great Grandfather, William Branthwaite born 1827, was a tea blender
> > > in Liverpool. He imported tea from the Far East. His tea, which was
> > > sold
> > > across England and Scotland, may have been called Maybank. Does anybody
> > > know of this blend of tea or have any information about it?.

> > > Doug Anderson
> > > Australia.

> > -------------------------------------
> >
> > Could you contact me directly please regarding William Branthwaite and family at

Brenda

http://www.drinksforum.com/
> > Beer and Wine Community
> > Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
> > rec.food.drink.tea - 28303 messages and counting!

NEW ENGLAND COOK-IN Felice General Cooking 13 18-07-2008 05:13 PM
Pepper in England Mike General Cooking 6 29-07-2006 09:14 AM
New England One-Pot Dinner 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 24-11-2004 04:58 AM
Tea in England Dave Croft Tea 2 27-01-2004 11:19 PM