Dave Croft

Default Tea in England

I am a life long tea drinker (English) but a newcomer to this group.
I live in a large town 220,000 population & have a good range of blended teas to choose.
The unusual thing is that after reading about the teas drunk by people on this group &
searching the shops I find that we don't have a very large selection of individual teas.
Perhaps that is because we are half way between two large cities. (20 Miles each side.
Anyway I purchased some Twinings Assam from the Bramaputra valley.
This is an excellent tea but perhaps because of my English tastes I prefer it with milk.
By the way I see a lot of letters used after tea types on the group.
Is there a reference to what they stand for anywhere?
Regards,
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Dean Macinskas

"Dave Croft" > wrote in message
> I am a life long tea drinker (English) but a newcomer to this group.
> I live in a large town 220,000 population & have a good range of blended

teas to choose.
> The unusual thing is that after reading about the teas drunk by people on

this group &
> searching the shops I find that we don't have a very large selection of

individual teas.
> Perhaps that is because we are half way between two large cities. (20

Miles each side.
> Anyway I purchased some Twinings Assam from the Bramaputra valley.
> This is an excellent tea but perhaps because of my English tastes I prefer

it with milk.
> By the way I see a lot of letters used after tea types on the group.
> Is there a reference to what they stand for anywhere?
> Regards,
> --
> Dave Croft
> Warrington
> England

Dave,

Many online tea vendors have pages describing these acronyms; here's one:
http://www.specialteas.com/cgi-bin/S...832+1075246046.

Regards,
Dean

Space Cowboy

Hi Dave,

I've seen a couple of your posts and welcome to the ng. I'm a big fan
of British blends for morning, afternoon, evening or any o'clock.
Don't necessarily follow our lead but if you get a chance elucidate
some themes on the current tea milieu in England. Do you prefer milk
before tea or clotted cream in lieu of sugar and milk? Don't worry
there is no correct answer. If you want a good selection of
'individual teas' check out the Arabic stores.

Jim

"Dave Croft" > wrote in message >...
> I am a life long tea drinker (English) but a newcomer to this group.
> I live in a large town 220,000 population & have a good range of blended teas to choose.
> The unusual thing is that after reading about the teas drunk by people on this group &
> searching the shops I find that we don't have a very large selection of individual teas.
> Perhaps that is because we are half way between two large cities. (20 Miles each side.
> Anyway I purchased some Twinings Assam from the Bramaputra valley.
> This is an excellent tea but perhaps because of my English tastes I prefer it with milk.
> By the way I see a lot of letters used after tea types on the group.
> Is there a reference to what they stand for anywhere?
> Regards,

NEW ENGLAND COOK-IN Felice General Cooking 13 18-07-2008 05:13 PM
Pepper in England Mike General Cooking 6 29-07-2006 09:14 AM
New England One-Pot Dinner 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 24-11-2004 03:58 AM
Best Tea and Coffee In England? Joe Olmi Tea 0 13-08-2004 01:45 AM