Old 04-05-2016, 07:55 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default We Cup Darjeeling

Lewis Perin wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) writes:

So, talking about the whole fully withered darjeeling thing on the
##tea channel on freenode (which appears to consist of refugees from reddit),
someone suggested I try the "First Flush Jungpana 'Clonal Spring Delight'"
tea from What-Cha, saying it was pretty dark.

And.... this is GREEN. This is so green. Not only that, it has the sort
of fishy, seaweedy taste that some Japanese greens have, which I have never
experienced in any other teas.

So I'd count it as interesting but diametrically opposed to the style I am
looking for.

Im afraid you arent going to find a first flush Darjeeling that isnt
green these days.

Sadly true. Even so, this was green even by THOSE standards.
--scott

Darjeeling Tea Kate Tea 0 09-04-2006 04:40 PM
Looking to try Darjeeling [email protected] Tea 14 27-11-2005 05:26 AM
Darjeeling Tea from direct Darjeeling Tea merchant benoythapa Tea 13 01-12-2004 05:46 AM
FF Darjeeling Michiel van der Kraats Tea 2 04-05-2004 12:19 PM
Darjeeling best before P.A.Saarinen Tea 5 29-01-2004 12:52 PM