Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default We Cup Darjeeling

Oregonian Haruspex > wrote:

>I won't argue the point with you but the very idea of pouring boiling
>water onto tea leaves makes me shudder with horror.

I find most blacks become kind of insipid if you drop the water temperature
much. It's not like drinking a green tea.

To add on the thread, this week I received the "Namring Second Flush
Darjeeling" from Harney and Sons, and I am sorry to report that it has
less overall flavour than any of the others in the trial mentioned before.
The first steep is okay but uneventful, and it is down hill from there.

I'd hate to try this one with cooler water, it would have even less happening.
--scott