Member

Smile Matcha Japanese Green Tea Powder

Have you tried Matcha? It's Japanese green tea and it's powder, so you prepare it kind like coffee (you don't use a tea box). Apparently it's great for your health and also for concentration and energy boost. Great for coffee drinkers, yoga lovers and anyone looking for a healthy energy drink during an intense day.

If you prefer high quality tea (for drinking only) try Matcha Green Tea Powder |*Breakaway Matcha

What is your opinion on matcha? for drinking, cooking or both?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Matcha Japanese Green Tea Powder

Alan4001 > wrote:
>Have you tried Matcha? It's Japanese green tea and it's powder, so you
>prepare it kind like coffee (you don't use a tea box). Apparently it's
>great for your health and also for concentration and energy boost. Great
>for coffee drinkers, yoga lovers and anyone looking for a healthy energy
>drink during an intense day.

The problem is that so much of the matcha sold in the US is actually
Taiwanese tea powder, or it's been cut with Taiwanese tea powder. It
doesn't have the flowery scent that real matcha has, or it has been greatly
reduced.

I actually found the higher grade matcha from Upton's to be pretty respectable.
It has become our tea of choice for making green tea ice cream, believe it
or not.

You'd think that in ice cream it wouldn't really matter if you used cheap
tea, but the difference was really very substantial in an A-B test.
--scott
Member

Location: Florida

I've actually become a much bigger fan of matcha. At first, it was so bitter to me that I couldn't finish it. I slowly figured out how much more water to add to dilute the bitterness, plus I like to add in honey. There's also a few mixed kinds of matcha where they'll add in other ingredients like ginger.

I also really enjoy the caffeine buzz plus the theanine which helps to avoid the crash normally associated with caffeine.

I've also used the premixed packets of matcha which they mix with the right amount of sugar that you just place in hot water and mix. It tasted amazing although I'm not sure how much sugar is really in it.

I did write an article on the benefits of matcha if you're interested: What Is Matcha Tea and its Benefits?

Matcha: can I just grind green tea instead? Jke General Cooking 2 19-07-2006 09:17 PM
Matcha and green tea Space Cowboy Tea 10 03-09-2004 04:41 PM
About Japanese Matcha Yolanda Tea 1 02-02-2004 05:11 PM
Grading of Japanese green tea powder Ripon Tea 0 30-11-2003 01:11 AM
QUESTION ABOUT INFUSING JAPANESE MATCHA GREEN TEA Raicu Tea 3 05-11-2003 03:48 PM