Aurora

Default what type of tea to use for...

First, let me say I've enjoyed reading all the posts here! I have
recently discovered Thai iced tea. I love it, but hate spending so much on
take-out tea. I have found recipes for making the tea, but can't find the
appropriate tea to brew for it. Up here in Alaska, I have the choice of the
military base grocery, or the local Safeway grocery. And cannot find what I
need there. Any ideas or suggestion would be very appreciated. Thanks so
much,
--
Aurora
remove the argo to reply

Debbie Deutsch

"Aurora" > wrote in news:1068008762.774276@prawn:

> First, let me say I've enjoyed reading all the posts here! I have
> recently discovered Thai iced tea. I love it, but hate spending so
> much on take-out tea. I have found recipes for making the tea, but
> can't find the appropriate tea to brew for it. Up here in Alaska, I
> have the choice of the military base grocery, or the local Safeway
> grocery. And cannot find what I need there. Any ideas or suggestion
> would be very appreciated. Thanks so much,

If you ever have an opportunity to make it into a city with a Chinese (or
better yet, SE Asian) grocery store, you will find the tea there. It
typically is labeled "Thai Tea" and comes in a cellophane bag (not a box).
The leaves are very broken (not by any means whole).

You can buy it online. Try googling "thai tea". As can be expected, the
prices are higher than if you bought the tea in an Asian grocery. For
example, see these URLs:

http://importfood.com/thaiicetea.html

http://www.quickspice.com/cgi-bin/So...foodtea.shtml?
E+scstore

http://www.templeofthai.com/thai_bev...beverages.html

http://www.thaiherbs.com/Groceries/Thai%20tea.html

Good luck!

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when
hop-head

Try any of the many internet tea vendors. I buy from specialteas.com
and uptontea.com.

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:06:03 GMT, "Aurora" >
wrote:

> First, let me say I've enjoyed reading all the posts here! I have
>recently discovered Thai iced tea. I love it, but hate spending so much on
>take-out tea. I have found recipes for making the tea, but can't find the
>appropriate tea to brew for it. Up here in Alaska, I have the choice of the
>military base grocery, or the local Safeway grocery. And cannot find what I
>need there. Any ideas or suggestion would be very appreciated. Thanks so
>much,

What Is Your Most Or Least Favorite Type Of Nut? Judy Haffner General Cooking 93 23-02-2012 03:50 AM
For Type 2 Henry[_7_] Diabetic 0 18-02-2011 10:42 AM
What type of Pot is this? [email protected] General Cooking 19 14-06-2009 06:47 PM
New type of rice to me. James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 11 09-06-2009 02:27 AM
Type 1 Lisa Fields Diabetic 5 20-08-2004 10:46 AM