Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New type of rice to me.

Hello All!

There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
but I like it!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 1:49*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
> saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
> but I like it!

i farted in their chafing dish once. they liked it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 12:17*pm, wrote:
> On Jun 5, 1:49*pm, "James Silverton" >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello All!

> > There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
> > dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
> > saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
> > but I like it!

> i farted in their chafing dish once. *they liked it.

They flipped a booger into your meal. You liked it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 5, 2:25*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jun 5, 12:17*pm, wrote:
>
> > On Jun 5, 1:49*pm, "James Silverton" >
> > wrote:

> > > Hello All!

> > > There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
> > > dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
> > > saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
> > > but I like it!

> > i farted in their chafing dish once. *they liked it.

> They flipped a booger into your meal. You liked it.

lol....and the big mac was born.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in news:ZMdWl.420
:

> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
> saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
> but I like it!

Ignore the trolls who posted after you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its dishes
> is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and saffron rice
> with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before but I like it!
>
> --
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Jim,

What is the name of the restaurant? I have a friend in Potomac who would
more than likely want to try it.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chris wrote on Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:38:15 -0500:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
>> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a
>> mixture of white and saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not
>> come across it before but I like it!
>>
>> --
>>
>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland

> Jim,

> What is the name of the restaurant? I have a friend in
> Potomac who would more than likely want to try it.

It's Tanoor in College Plaza, on route 355 just past Montgomery College.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:38:15 -0500, "Chris Marksberry"
> wrote:

>"James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> Hello All!
>>
>> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its dishes
>> is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and saffron rice
>> with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before but I like it!
>>
>> --
>>

>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland

>Jim,
>
>What is the name of the restaurant? I have a friend in Potomac who would
>more than likely want to try it.
>
>Chris in Pearland, TX

I was in a local bulk warehouse looking for something other than what
I found. Red rice, Black, Yellow rice (never seen it before), Basmati
and Wild rice mix, Sushi rice, there must of been thirty different
kinds tucked away in one corner and most only 99cents@100g. Needless
to say I bought a bunch up
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Chris wrote on Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:38:15 -0500:
>

>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
>> message ...
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
>>> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a
>>> mixture of white and saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not
>>> come across it before but I like it!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> James Silverton
>>> Potomac, Maryland

>> Jim,

>> What is the name of the restaurant? I have a friend in
>> Potomac who would more than likely want to try it.

> It's Tanoor in College Plaza, on route 355 just past Montgomery College.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Many thanks!

I just let her know about the new restaurant.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
> saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before
> but I like it!

That does sound relatively interesting. I don't think I have ever
eaten barberries!

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> James Silverton wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
>> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
>> saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before but
>> I like it!
>>

> That does sound relatively interesting. I don't think I have ever eaten
> barberries!

I'd be more interested in the concept of "white and saffron rice"... are
they cooked separately and then tossed together for decorative/presentation
effect... like white and yellow corn?

http://www.innvista.com/health/foods...s/barberry.htm

http://kalamala.com/zereshk-barberries-bulk-p-993.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> James Silverton wrote:
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> There is a new Persian restaurant in my neighborhood and one of its
>>> dishes is served with "Zereshk Polo". This is a mixture of white and
>>> saffron rice with chopped barberries. I had not come across it before but
>>> I like it!
>>>

>> That does sound relatively interesting. I don't think I have ever eaten
>> barberries!
>>

> I'd be more interested in the concept of "white and saffron rice"... are
> they cooked separately and then tossed together for decorative/presentation
> effect... like white and yellow corn?
>
> http://www.innvista.com/health/foods...s/barberry.htm
>
> http://kalamala.com/zereshk-barberries-bulk-p-993.html

Thanks. That combination sounded interesting to me too.

--
Jean B.