Lisa Fields

Default Type 1

Just need some support. My 2 1/2 grandson has type 1.
We just recently found out . His father also has type 1, thank god my
daughter and I seen the signs and convenced his father to test him at home.
My grandsons sugar level didn't even register on his fathers meter.
At the hospital his sugar level was at 850. He was lower to 350 and shiped
to Childerns Hospital. He is doing better now he is home.
I have alot to learn.
Any help would be greatly appreated.
Ma Maw Fields

Ted Rosenberg

Well, sorry to hear about your problems. In most cases T1 is quite easy
to control. The big problem is that children don't LIKE to test, get
shots, carry food, and sometimes not to eat what and when others do.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Tiger Lily

Lisa.... a great web page exists for Children with diabetes, their care
givers and relatives.... they have chat rooms where you can go express your
concerns and questions and get the help you need

how sad that at only 2 1/2 a child has to deal with diabetes..... but this
is a fact that many children do face and overcome....... their parents will
help you too sort your way thru this all

the web page is at http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/index_cwd.htm good
luck..... feel free to return here, or to alt.support.diabetes.org or
misc.health.diabetes.org for further questions.... i just feel that web site
will be more helpful for you

take care,
kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Lisa Fields" > wrote in message
news
> Just need some support. My 2 1/2 grandson has type 1.
> We just recently found out . His father also has type 1, thank god my
> daughter and I seen the signs and convenced his father to test him at
home.
> My grandsons sugar level didn't even register on his fathers meter.
> At the hospital his sugar level was at 850. He was lower to 350 and shiped
> to Childerns Hospital. He is doing better now he is home.
> I have alot to learn.
> Any help would be greatly appreated.
> Ma Maw Fields

Tiger Lily

Lisa.... a great web page exists for Children with diabetes, their care
givers and relatives.... they have chat rooms where you can go express your
concerns and questions and get the help you need

how sad that at only 2 1/2 a child has to deal with diabetes..... but this
is a fact that many children do face and overcome....... their parents will
help you too sort your way thru this all

the web page is at http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/index_cwd.htm good
luck..... feel free to return here, or to alt.support.diabetes.org or
misc.health.diabetes.org for further questions.... i just feel that web site
will be more helpful for you

take care,
kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/

"Lisa Fields" > wrote in message
news
> Just need some support. My 2 1/2 grandson has type 1.
> We just recently found out . His father also has type 1, thank god my
> daughter and I seen the signs and convenced his father to test him at

home.
> My grandsons sugar level didn't even register on his fathers meter.
> At the hospital his sugar level was at 850. He was lower to 350 and shiped
> to Childerns Hospital. He is doing better now he is home.
> I have alot to learn.
> Any help would be greatly appreated.
> Ma Maw Fields

Mack©®

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:12:31 -0400, "Lisa Fields"
> wrote:

>Just need some support. My 2 1/2 grandson has type 1.
>We just recently found out . His father also has type 1, thank god my
>daughter and I seen the signs and convenced his father to test him at home.
>My grandsons sugar level didn't even register on his fathers meter.
>At the hospital his sugar level was at 850. He was lower to 350 and shiped
>to Childerns Hospital. He is doing better now he is home.
>I have alot to learn.
>Any help would be greatly appreated.
>Ma Maw Fields

Being diagnosed so young has the advantage of skipping what newly
diagnosed adults go through. There is no real memories of a
non-diabetic life to give up and make adjustments to a new way of
life. But that doesn't mean that it will be a picnic. Kids rebel,
even diabetic kids. Kids also have different dietary needs than
adults and that doesn't change just because they are diabetic.

2 really good websites are http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.org and
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org The insulin pumpers web site is good
even if your grandson will not be using a pump. There are many
parents of type 1 children there to helpful advice from.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."

....Theodore Roosevelt

Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney
NO A-shcroft
NO R-umsfeld or Rice
NO B-ush

Mack©®

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:12:31 -0400, "Lisa Fields"
> wrote:

>Just need some support. My 2 1/2 grandson has type 1.
>We just recently found out . His father also has type 1, thank god my
>daughter and I seen the signs and convenced his father to test him at home.
>My grandsons sugar level didn't even register on his fathers meter.
>At the hospital his sugar level was at 850. He was lower to 350 and shiped
>to Childerns Hospital. He is doing better now he is home.
>I have alot to learn.
>Any help would be greatly appreated.
>Ma Maw Fields

Being diagnosed so young has the advantage of skipping what newly
diagnosed adults go through. There is no real memories of a
non-diabetic life to give up and make adjustments to a new way of
life. But that doesn't mean that it will be a picnic. Kids rebel,
even diabetic kids. Kids also have different dietary needs than
adults and that doesn't change just because they are diabetic.

2 really good websites are http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.org and
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org The insulin pumpers web site is good
even if your grandson will not be using a pump. There are many
parents of type 1 children there to helpful advice from.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."

....Theodore Roosevelt

Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney
NO A-shcroft
NO R-umsfeld or Rice
NO B-ush

What Is Your Most Or Least Favorite Type Of Nut? Judy Haffner General Cooking 93 23-02-2012 04:50 AM
For Type 2 Henry[_7_] Diabetic 0 18-02-2011 11:42 AM
What type of Pot is this? [email protected] General Cooking 19 14-06-2009 06:47 PM
New type of rice to me. James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 11 09-06-2009 02:27 AM
what type of tea to use for... Aurora Tea 2 05-11-2003 12:13 PM