Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.sushi

Default Escolar

On 2010-04-25 08:43:33 -0700, Sqwertz said:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:50:32 -0700, Gerry wrote:
>
>> It's just me, James, and the the laws of countries like Japan that
>> don't consider it a "food product". On the other hand It's people like
>> you that call others "pussy" and "butt****er" when we won't eat the
>> stuff you like. That sounds like a tedious dinner party, ne?

> I'm calling you a butt****er because you haven't tried it, yet you
> take an adamant stand against eating it - telling us you know what's
> right...

You're a liar. I know what's right for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not
gonna defer my own judgement to a liar who also calls people pussy and
butt****er when they disagree.

> ...and implying that everybody will get sick.

Another lie. I neither said nor implied that.

> Meanwhile, there are about 5 of us who *have* tried it and posted
> that there are no ill effects.

Your anecdotal information is as good as any; I'll go with the
viewpoint of the chefs I trust. They won't eat it.

> SilverSpoon is the only one who claims he experienced any ill
> effects, which are probably all psychosomatic (from anticipating
> getting sick).

Of course it's psychosomatic--he disagreed! I think "butt****er" is
probably quicker for an ineffective counter, though.

> He is in the minority.

Your a bullshitter too. You have no idea what the majority/minority
response is to eating raw escolar. Personal insult did't work, lies
don't get traction; I don't think invention will help.

> And you are just another psychotic Chicken Little.

Pussies, butt****ers, psychosomatic neurotics, psychotics: Your
evaluation of the sports page must be a riot!
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Escolar Mark Thorson General Cooking 23 03-06-2010 04:36 AM
Escolar James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 106 11-05-2010 08:52 PM
White Tuna (Escolar) Norman Leonski Sushi 46 05-05-2006 08:03 PM
ESCOLAR FISH WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RAVIOLI yankeegirL425 Recipes 0 19-08-2005 06:24 AM
White tuna or escolar Dan Logcher Sushi 9 18-03-2005 11:22 PM