Cygnia

Default Kimosui -- How's it made?

I'm curious about the making of the eel liver soup kimosui...I know a
clear broth is made, but do they just then add the liver to the broth
or are the livers steamed or grilled first?

(Hoping to do a proper eel experience in Japan one of these days...)
Musashi

"Cygnia" > wrote in message =
om...
> I'm curious about the making of the eel liver soup kimosui...I know a
> clear broth is made, but do they just then add the liver to the broth
> or are the livers steamed or grilled first?
>=20
> (Hoping to do a proper eel experience in Japan one of these days...)

The livers are boiled first, then added to the broth.

Boil 4 eel livers in a pot of slightly salted boiling water, and remove =
and drain.
Put the following into a pot and heat.
- 2 cups dashi
- the pre-boiled eel livers