Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default banneton in fridge????

Hi all, I was wondering if I could put my dough in a banneton in
fridge to rise overnite??? I've put loaves and dough in overnite but
not sure if the cold or moisture would make my dough stick in the
form.. if so will just shape into loaf and put in there... any
suggestions greatly appreciated :-) nancy
Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Doc Doc is offline

nancy wrote:
> Hi all, I was wondering if I could put my dough in a banneton in
> fridge to rise overnite??? I've put loaves and dough in overnite but
> not sure if the cold or moisture would make my dough stick in the
> form.. if so will just shape into loaf and put in there... any
> suggestions greatly appreciated :-) nancy

Nancy,
You can do it if you line the banneton with a well-floured cloth (heavy
cotton or linen works best) and put the whole thing in a plastic bag
(or cover both the top and bottom with plastic shower caps). The
flour that you use on the cloth also makes a difference - you are
trying to keep the dough from sticking to the cloth. I use chapatti
flour (durum flour with a little bran added back), but you can use rye
or rice flour which are both less sticky than wheat flour. Coat the
dough lightly and make sure the cloth is fully saturated with the flour
you choose.

Doc