Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Sourdough Jack - The Bread

Today I baked for the first time with the revived Sourdough Jack
starter. The results were quite pleasing, with a delightfully tangy
flavor.

http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg

Boron
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Hooray, pictures! Good looking loaves! But most of them seem pretty small.

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message news
> Today I baked for the first time with the revived Sourdough Jack
> starter. The results were quite pleasing, with a delightfully tangy
> flavor.
>

> http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg
>

> Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:09:01 GMT, "Dick Adams" >
wrote:

>Hooray, pictures! Good looking loaves! But most of them seem pretty small.

Thanks. I used half the dough to make rolls.

Boron

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message news
>> Today I baked for the first time with the revived Sourdough Jack
>> starter. The results were quite pleasing, with a delightfully tangy
>> flavor.
>>

>> http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg
>>

>> Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Boron your bread looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) nancy

>Today I baked for the first time with the revived Sourdough Jack
>starter. The results were quite pleasing, with a delightfully tangy
>flavor.
>

>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg
>
>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg
>

>Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:00:40 GMT, nancy
> wrote:

>Boron your bread looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) nancy
>

>>Today I baked for the first time with the revived Sourdough Jack
>>starter. The results were quite pleasing, with a delightfully tangy
>>flavor.
>>

>>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg
>>
>>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg
>>

>>Boron

Thank you so much. I am happy to report that it tastes as great as it
looks. I have to admit, it is one of the nicest loaves I have ever
made.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Hey Boron;

Nice breads! Just the kind of little rolls that my mom likes so
much. How about your recipe...and a comment about how they taste?

TIA,
Dusty

>>>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2des.jpg
>>>
>>>http://i2.tinypic.com/ra2cdv.jpg

> Thank you so much. I am happy to report that it tastes as great as
> it
> looks. I have to admit, it is one of the nicest loaves I have ever
> made.
>
> Boron

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:59:32 -0800, "Dusty Bleher"
> wrote:

>Hey Boron;
>
>Nice breads! Just the kind of little rolls that my mom likes so
>much. How about your recipe...and a comment about how they taste?

Thanks.

Alas, there is no recipe. I don't use one when I make lean breads.

I made a sponge the night before, added more flour (Heckers), water
and salt to it the next day, mixed that in the Kenwood just until
combined, then put it in the fridge. A few stretch and folds done by
hand over the bowl. The next day I divided the dough in half, made
rolls and a boule and waited until they looked proofed. Baked on a
stone at 450 with a spritzer about 3-4 times in the first 7 minutes.

It was a high hydration dough that was quite sticky and gooey when it
went into the fridge and much less so when it came out.

The taste was first rate. Quite a tang, which I attribute to both the
starter and the very long ferment in and out of the fridge. It was one
of those baking efforts when everything came together perfectly. I
hope it happens again soon.

Boron

Alaska Jack Sourdough Monte[_2_] Sourdough 5 12-11-2019 10:28 PM
Sourdough Jack Starter Phil Sourdough 2 20-11-2012 01:51 AM
Sourdough Jack Starter anyone??? Phil Sourdough 2 24-07-2011 04:56 AM
Another Sourdough Jack Experiment Boron Elgar[_1_] Sourdough 11 08-09-2007 08:46 PM
Sourdough Jack Boron Elgar Sourdough 26 24-03-2006 04:22 PM