Old 05-08-2010, 04:18 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Alaska Jack Sourdough

Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
but was wondering if this is worth a try?

Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Monte" wrote in message
Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
but was wondering if this is worth a try?

Why not? What have you got to lose? Maybe a pound of flour.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:20 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 08:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Monte
wrote:

Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
but was wondering if this is worth a try?

It is always fun trying a new starter - at least I Think so, but then
I am liable to have 5-7 going at any one time.

As long as the start-up and stabilization doesn't bother you, why not
try it and see how you like it. Flour and water are might cheap and
you may be surprised.

Boron
Old 22-10-2010, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Hello Boron,

Do you still have any of the Yukon Jack starter I sent you many years
ago? I recently moved and mine didn't survive. Somehow even the original
book got lost too.

Thanks,
Phil (Albuquerque)

Old 18-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Banned

Thanks for sharing this information! It's very interesting,I think so!

Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

wrote:

Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
but was wondering if this is worth a try?

It is always fun trying a new starter - at least I Think so, but then
I am liable to have 5-7 going at any one time.

As long as the start-up and stabilization doesn't bother you, why not
try it and see how you like it. Flour and water are might cheap and
you may be surprised.

Boron

I've got the book. I'm toying with rewriting his recipes into a more concise format. One that has starter / poolish / dough and you don't have to search in different parts of the book.

Sourdough Jack Starter Phil Sourdough 2 20-11-2012 02:51 AM
Sourdough Jack Starter anyone??? Phil Sourdough 2 24-07-2011 04:56 AM
Another Sourdough Jack Experiment Boron Elgar[_1_] Sourdough 11 08-09-2007 08:46 PM
Sourdough Jack Boron Elgar Sourdough 26 24-03-2006 05:22 PM
Sourdough Jack - The Bread Boron Elgar Sourdough 6 17-03-2006 03:29 AM