Old 29-01-2017, 09:21 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Sourdough thru microscope, pics + vids

Forwarding this interesting post (I'm not the author):

Originally from https://www.reddit.com/r/Sourdough/comments/5qqow8/sourdough_through_a_microscope_pics_and_vids/

--
Dario Niedermann. Also on the Internet at:

gopher://retro-net.org/1/dnied/ https://www.darioniedermann.it/

Old 30-01-2017, 04:43 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Super cool! I'm about to get a starter going for my microbiology class and we'll probably try a cell count (so I should think about capturing photos to share).

Thanks for sharing this!

Eric
Old 02-02-2017, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:43:36 -0800 (PST), Eric Graham
wrote:

Super cool! I'm about to get a starter going for my microbiology class and we'll probably try a cell count (so I should think about capturing photos to share).

Thanks for sharing this!

Guess I will have to get out my lab microscope next time I get the
starter going again! Looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Donald
Old 02-02-2017, 04:53 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 2017-01-29 2:21 PM, Dario Niedermann wrote:
Forwarding this interesting post (I'm not the author):

| I pulled out my microscope when making sourdough this week and figured
| some of you might be interested in seeing them. There are a couple of
| videos too. Photos have comments denoting what you're looking at.
|
| Photo gallery: http://imgur.com/a/7CWIC
| Video 1: https://youtu.be/AvSiLlB4c9s
| Video 2: https://youtu.be/VmDbv224olY

Originally from https://www.reddit.com/r/Sourdough/comments/5qqow8/sourdough_through_a_microscope_pics_and_vids/

I looked at a conventional yeast culture through my microscope - just
plain little cells that one would not be able to distinguish from SD
yeast strains.