FoodBanter.com

-   Sourdough (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/)
-   -   Sourdough thru microscope, pics + vids (https://www.foodbanter.com/sourdough/440591-sourdough-thru-microscope-pics.html)

Dario Niedermann 29-01-2017 10:21 PM

Sourdough thru microscope, pics + vids

Forwarding this interesting post (I'm not the author):

Originally from <https://www.reddit.com/r/Sourdough/comments/5qqow8/sourdough_through_a_microscope_pics_and_vids/>

--
Dario Niedermann. Also on the Internet at:

gopher://retro-net.org/1/dnied/ <> https://www.darioniedermann.it/

Eric Graham 30-01-2017 05:43 PM

Sourdough thru microscope, pics + vids

Super cool! I'm about to get a starter going for my microbiology class and we'll probably try a cell count (so I should think about capturing photos to share).

Thanks for sharing this!

Eric

Donald[_4_] 02-02-2017 03:11 AM

Sourdough thru microscope, pics + vids

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:43:36 -0800 (PST), Eric Graham
> wrote:

>Super cool! I'm about to get a starter going for my microbiology class and we'll probably try a cell count (so I should think about capturing photos to share).
>
>Thanks for sharing this!

Guess I will have to get out my lab microscope next time I get the
starter going again! Looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Donald

graham[_4_] 02-02-2017 05:53 AM

On 2017-01-29 2:21 PM, Dario Niedermann wrote:
> Forwarding this interesting post (I'm not the author):
>
> | I pulled out my microscope when making sourdough this week and figured
> | some of you might be interested in seeing them. There are a couple of
> | videos too. Photos have comments denoting what you're looking at.
> |
> | Photo gallery: http://imgur.com/a/7CWIC
> | Video 1: https://youtu.be/AvSiLlB4c9s
> | Video 2: https://youtu.be/VmDbv224olY
>

> Originally from <https://www.reddit.com/r/Sourdough/comments/5qqow8/sourdough_through_a_microscope_pics_and_vids/>

I looked at a conventional yeast culture through my microscope - just
plain little cells that one would not be able to distinguish from SD
yeast strains.