Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Banned

Location: Italy, UK
Thumbs up Have you ever tried Extra Virgin oil ice cream?

Extra Virgin ice-cream

Difficulty = Easy execution
Running time = 45 minutes

Ingredients for 4 people: 1 liter of whole milk, 10g of salt, 200ml of strong fruity extra virgin olive oil, 200g sugar.

Heat milk with 400g of sugar and dissolve well.
Add the salt;
Add the remaining cold milk to the mixture, allow to cool thoroughly, then add the olive oil.
Mix well with a mixer and transfer the ice cream machine for long enough to thicken (approx. 45 minutes)

Note: When serving, sprinkle ice cream with chopped pistachios or hazelnuts.
Can be stored frozen for 1 month.
Use quality Extra Virgin olive oil

www.nelgusto.com

Last edited by Nel gusto : 19-01-2012 at 02:05 PM
Banned

Location: Italy, UK

"Opening of a new dish confers more happiness to mankind than the discovery of a new star." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826)

www.nelgusto.com
Experienced Member

Informative posting. Thanks for the info...
Banned

Location: Italy, UK
Smile

It's truly is STRANGE and delicious!!!

www.nelgusto.com

Last edited by Nel gusto : 19-01-2012 at 02:04 PM
Senior Member

Location: New York

Yes. I have tried extra virgin oil ice cream and it is one of may favorite dish. In our locality we have a shop that serves such an ice cream.

Member

Location: Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel gusto View Post
Extra Virgin ice-cream

Difficulty = Easy execution
Running time = 45 minutes

Ingredients for 4 people: 1 liter of whole milk, 10g of salt, 200ml of strong fruity extra virgin olive oil, 200g sugar.

Heat milk with 400g of sugar and dissolve well.
Add the salt;
Add the remaining cold milk to the mixture, allow to cool thoroughly, then add the olive oil.
Mix well with a mixer and transfer the ice cream machine for long enough to thicken (approx. 45 minutes)

Note: When serving, sprinkle ice cream with chopped pistachios or hazelnuts.
Can be stored frozen for 1 month.
Use quality Extra Virgin olive oil

Premium Quality Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil - NelGusto |
It's really something new for me.