jmk

Default Foodsaver model question

I would like a foodsaver and I have been trying to compare the many
models out there -- it can be a bit overwhelming to the newbie! I was
wondering, how big a deal is the handsfree operation? Is that something
that I should really really want? It looks like the Tilia FS900 and
above offer than and the FS800 and below do not. Are there any other
features that I should be looking for?
--
jmk in NC
Ross Reid

jmk > wrote in message >...
> I would like a foodsaver and I have been trying to compare the many
> models out there -- it can be a bit overwhelming to the newbie! I was
> wondering, how big a deal is the handsfree operation? Is that something
> that I should really really want? It looks like the Tilia FS900 and
> above offer than and the FS800 and below do not. Are there any other
> features that I should be looking for?

Sorry if this appears twice. My news server says it failed so, I'm
posting from Google Groups.

Tilia seems to have more model names and/or numbers than General
Motors. The same machine seems to have a different name/model number
depending on where in the world it is sold.
The one feature that I would not want to be without is the ability to
manually activate the sealing mechanism at any time. Otherwise, as far
as I know, the vacuum system is basically the same.

Ross.