Ross Reid

Default Ping: George Shirley

Greetings, George.
Are you familiar with the Panola Pepper Corporation of Lake
Providence, LA? Did they go into receivership or something?
I was in our local Liquidation World outlet this afternoon and they
had a number of products from this company.
Most all products were priced at $0.99 each, such as jars of habanero
stuffed olives and Jalapeno stuffed olives. Other 5 fl. oz. bottles of
various hot sauces, 1 lb. packages of 14 bean soup mix and 6 oz.
packages of shrimp & crawfish boil spices, all @ $0.99
The only exception to the $0.99 price were packages with 4 different
hot sauces and 1 gallon jars of Jalapeno sauce, both of these were
priced @ $3.99.
Being a hot sauce, hot food lover, I bought some of everything. When I
got out to the van I opened a jar of the hab stuffed olives, tried a
few then went back in and bought the last 14 jars ;-)
I hope the rest of their stuff is as good.

Ross
Ontario, Canada.

George Shirley

I don't know the company Ross, sorry.

George

Ross Reid wrote:
> Greetings, George.
> Are you familiar with the Panola Pepper Corporation of Lake
> Providence, LA? Did they go into receivership or something?
> I was in our local Liquidation World outlet this afternoon and they
> had a number of products from this company.
> Most all products were priced at $0.99 each, such as jars of habanero
> stuffed olives and Jalapeno stuffed olives. Other 5 fl. oz. bottles of
> various hot sauces, 1 lb. packages of 14 bean soup mix and 6 oz.
> packages of shrimp & crawfish boil spices, all @ $0.99
> The only exception to the $0.99 price were packages with 4 different
> hot sauces and 1 gallon jars of Jalapeno sauce, both of these were
> priced @ $3.99.
> Being a hot sauce, hot food lover, I bought some of everything. When I
> got out to the van I opened a jar of the hab stuffed olives, tried a
> few then went back in and bought the last 14 jars ;-)
> I hope the rest of their stuff is as good.
>
> Ross
> Ontario, Canada.

George Shirley

Lightnin Dave wrote:
> I may have enough peppers this year to accually pickle some. I'd like to
> get your recipe for naturally firmenting pickles, i.e. how much salt to use
> per lb. of pickles, etc. Thanks,
>
> Lightnin Dave

I don't pickle them Dave, I make hot sauce out of them. Do a Google on
this group and you should come up with a zillion posts on "how to." HTH

George, out the door in two minutes to a reception

*PING* George Shirley Karen Preserving 1 16-01-2006 08:10 PM
PING: George Shirley Wayne Boatwright Preserving 40 09-09-2005 06:07 AM
Ping: George Shirley ~patches~ Preserving 1 29-08-2005 04:56 PM
ping: George Shirley Lightnin Dave Preserving 2 07-09-2004 09:48 PM
Ping: George Shirley Lightnin Dave Preserving 5 30-08-2004 11:09 PM