Default Good jam recipe

Hi,

Can anyone recommmend a good jam recipe for non-pectin-containing
fruit, like strawberrys or similar ? Im particularly interested in how
much pectin per kg of sugar.

Thanks

Olly

Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommmend a good jam recipe for non-pectin-containing
> fruit, like strawberrys or similar ? Im particularly interested in how
> much pectin per kg of sugar.
>
> Thanks
>
> Olly

Search the surejell.com site and look at recipes if you're buying bulk
quantities of pectin. Amount of fruit and sugar varies, depending on
the fruit; the amount of pectin is constant.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05

limey

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommmend a good jam recipe for non-pectin-containing
> fruit, like strawberrys or similar ? Im particularly interested in how
> much pectin per kg of sugar.
>
> Thanks
>
> Olly

You might want to post your question on uk.food+drink.misc newsgroup. There
are lots of helpful people there.

dug88

noticed this thread

i happen to really lik e this
a zip lock bag full of apricots.stones long gone.
1 guess 10 ounces
four ounce of sugar
4 ounce of water.
lock the bag and put into the top freezer.
a few days later, i bring it out and put it through the food processor.
back in the freezer and you have one fine compote.

fresh apricotes on toast is a tasty treat a nice waker upper.
a friend of mine uses a pear brandy instead of water.
but i have to drive, in the morning.

i tried with a dash of cloves but prefer the fresh taste.
any other ideas of improvement?

"limey" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone recommmend a good jam recipe for non-pectin-containing
>> fruit, like strawberrys or similar ? Im particularly interested in how
>> much pectin per kg of sugar.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Olly

> You might want to post your question on uk.food+drink.misc newsgroup.
> There are lots of helpful people there.

The Joneses

> "limey" > wrote in message
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >> Hi,
> >> Can anyone recommmend a good jam recipe for non-pectin-containing
> >> fruit, like strawberrys or similar ? Im particularly interested in how
> >> much pectin per kg of sugar.
> >> Thanks
> >> Olly

> > You might want to post your question on uk.food+drink.misc newsgroup.
> > There are lots of helpful people there.

> >dug88 wrote:

>> noticed this thread: i happen to really lik e this
>> a zip lock bag full of apricots.stones long gone.
>> 1 guess 10 ounces
>> four ounce of sugar
>> 4 ounce of water.
>> lock the bag and put into the top freezer.
>> a few days later, i bring it out and put it through the food processor.
>> back in the freezer and you have one fine compote.
>> fresh apricotes on toast is a tasty treat a nice waker upper.
>> a friend of mine uses a pear brandy instead of water.
>> but i have to drive, in the morning.
>> i tried with a dash of cloves but prefer the fresh taste.
>> any other ideas of improvement?

A tablespoon or three of fresh ground ginger is very nice with peach
preserves and should be good here too? And some hot peppers in a different
batch if you like hot stuff. One hab, seeded & veined, or a coupla jalepenyos
or serranos, ditto.
Edrena