Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Seriously good recipe

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1847285.htm

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07 Mar 2007 07:55:30 GMT, PeterLucas <inbrissie@home> wrote:

>YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

>http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1847285.htm

Looks good. I wouldn't garnish it with raspberries though. Perhaps
some shaved chocolate or a dusting of high-quality cocoa.

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, PeterLucas <inbrissie@home> said:

> YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1847285.htm

Coffee jelly eh? I'd never heard of such a thing. My mom would
have loved this dessert...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

unge (Little Malice) wrote in news:esmokg$j80nc_
:

> One time on Usenet, PeterLucas <inbrissie@home> said:
>
>> YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1847285.htm

> Coffee jelly eh? I'd never heard of such a thing. My mom would
> have loved this dessert...

Give it a whirl.

Just use bloody *good* coffee.

Have a good meal, serve this for dessert, eat the custard, have the
coffee jelly and it means less waiting time to get into the bedroom ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(TammyM) wrote in news:45eedf20.143481926
@news.ucdavis.edu:

> On 07 Mar 2007 07:55:30 GMT, PeterLucas <inbrissie@home> wrote:
>
>>YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1847285.htm

> Looks good. I wouldn't garnish it with raspberries though. Perhaps
> some shaved chocolate or a dusting of high-quality cocoa.
>
> TammyM

Whatever floats your boat.

Welcome to Tweakers Anon. :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:

> Coffee jelly eh? I'd never heard of such a thing. My mom would
> have loved this dessert...

Here is one I've been keeping after a long time poster here shared it-

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coffee Gelatin with Custard Sauce

Recipe By :Thierry Gervaise, rec.food.cooking
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup hot prepared strong coffee
2 cups prepared cold strong coffee
3/4 cup lightly toasted walnut pieces -- coarsely chopped
2 cups milk
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

> DirectionsCombine gelatin and sugar in a medium bowl. Add hot coffee.
> Stir until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Stir in cold coffee. Pour into
> shallow glass dish and refrigerate until syrupy. Add walnut pieces,
> distributing evenly, and refrigerate until firm. Cut gelatin into
> cubes and pile into shallow dessert bowls. Surround with boiled
> custard sauce. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
>
> Variation: Spirited Gelatin: Substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup brandy, rum or
> sherry for 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold coffee.

Custard Sauce:
> DirectionsScald milk in a double boiler. Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and
> add sugar and salt. Pour a little hot milk into the egg yolk mixture,
> beating with a fork, and then stir into the rest of the milk. Place
> over simmering, not boiling, water and cook -- stirring until the
> mixture coats a metal spoon. Pour the custard into a bowl and stir in
> the vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until
> thickened.

Tried an old recipe - UMM UMM-Good Bob-tx[_3_] Barbecue 0 07-03-2011 08:25 PM
What recipe would be good ?? Silvyu Asian Cooking 0 09-12-2010 04:49 PM
Good recipe Gwyneð Bennetdottir Mexican Cooking 1 15-12-2007 07:37 PM
need a good recipe k-dawg Winemaking 4 27-04-2006 05:56 AM
Good jam recipe [email protected] Preserving 8 04-03-2005 03:41 PM