Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Stuff

We cleaned out the 22 cubic foot freezer today. I was surprised that so
much food that we had vacuum bagged had lost it's vacuum. Had to toss
out about a dozen bags of mostly greens, etc. Also found a lot of stuff
going back to 2013, we moved here in December 2012. Those items went
into the cook pot for a big vegetable stew for later. Looks like enough
for a week. At any rate we cleaned out the freezer, took all the tossed
in stuff and organized it and drew a diagram so we can easily find the
food we want. Gratefully our stash of ice cream was not bothered. <G>

I think we may not grow any chilies next season. We had so many vacuum
bags of chopped peppers we might not need any for a couple of years,
even though we eat sweet chilies in about every meal we prepare.

Probably will clean out the small freezer that is part of our
refrigerator. Has it's own door, etc. so that one should be quick to
clean out. Plus I noticed the refrigerator seems to be a bit dirty so
that will get cleaned too.

The dog was curious about what was going on and she was trying to peek
into everything. Finally gave her a chew and she went off to enjoy it. I
swear she thinks we're her parents and acts like one of our kids did
years ago. Our children are in their mid-fifties so we don't worry about
them. Come December 26th of this year we will celebrate 57 years of
marriage. Two children, five grandchildren, six great grandchildren and
three of them haven't bred yet, I hope. Christmas is a big party and
lots of fun and the large family wants to celebrate OUR birthdays, which
we would rather forget. Got to much stuff already. Tried to tell them to
give money and we can buy our own gifts.

Here in lovely Texas we are still getting days in the eighties and
nineties and the occasional cool day that passes for our fall weather.
Getting close to deer season so we keep our eyes moving. Seems like the
roadways here are cluttered with deer every evening when they come out
to graze on the verges. Luckily Texas doesn't allow road shooting of
deer. We've had a doe drop fawns behind our back fence for two years and
she's still wandering around out there at times. Luckily no one even
tries for a shot at her because there are houses everywhere here.

George

Can't stop dipping stuff into other stuff Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 85 14-01-2014 02:46 PM
Stuff on the Web modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 1 28-08-2009 10:10 PM
just stuff elaine General Cooking 10 18-03-2007 12:13 PM
Stuff you ate as a kid-but you know is bad for you now but...... Kswck General Cooking 63 17-03-2006 11:05 PM
Stuff from Hou De Nico Tea 9 08-09-2005 03:45 PM