Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default just stuff

Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being able to
eat it 'cause you're not hungry.

Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but always
better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.

e.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Dog3 Lonergan wrote:
> "elaine" > :
>
> > Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
> > able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
> >
> > Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze.

> Stop tasting it every 5 seconds ...... By the time I've simmered it
> for a long time I have sampled it dozens of times and then I'm not hungry
> enough to eat it. I will freeze it.
>
> Michael

i do the same thing, especially doing holiday cooking!

I don't freeze it though; theres a ton if stuff in my freezer and it
never seems to geet used. I LIKE to cook my dinner. If I'm not in the
mood, we go out.

I eat it the next day and it's a treat. I can remember how good it was
when I was making it and I look forward to sitting down to a hearty
serving of whatever I've made.

I agree though, about some things being better fresh. I like to make
enough of dinner to pack it for lunch a day or two later. I try not to
be ina rut - tues dinner for weds lunch, weds dinner for thurs lunch
- but instead, tues dinner for thurs lunch, a sandwich weds, a salad
thurs, wed dinner for fri lunch, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:

> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being able to
> eat it 'cause you're not hungry.

Nope. :-)

> Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but always
> better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.

I was restrained last night. I had prepared some ice cream base the other
day and forgot about it. Last night after dinner I noticed we had run out
of cookies so I figured it was a good time to make another batch. It seemed
like a good time to put the base in the ice cream maker. I had finished
dinner, but I can't make a batch of cookies without eating at least one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> "elaine" > :
>
>> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
>> able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
>>
>> Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but
>> always better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.
>>
>> e.

> Stop tasting it every 5 seconds

Damn Michael, how did you know............?

e. (so full of soup)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:41:04 -0400, "elaine" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being able to
>eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
>
>Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but always
>better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.

This isn't what puts me off food. Sometimes just cooking will actually
kill my appetite <shrug>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:41:04 -0400, "elaine" >
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
>> able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
>>
>> Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but
>> always better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.
>>

> This isn't what puts me off food. Sometimes just cooking will actually
> kill my appetite <shrug>
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I've read where just standing over the stove inhaling the aromas is
enough to take the hunger pangs away.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
> able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.

Happens to me all the time. I'll have a craving for something, soup, stew,
pot roast, whatever. Spend time prepping, browning, cooking. The whole
place smells heavenly. And when it's ready I have no appetite. And I don't
nibble when I cook. A simple taste or two to adjust for seasonings is about
it. It's irritating but at least I don't have to cook again the next day

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:44:56 GMT, "limey" > wrote:

>Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:41:04 -0400, "elaine" >
>> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>>
>>> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
>>> able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
>>>
>>> Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but
>>> always better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.
>>>

>> This isn't what puts me off food. Sometimes just cooking will actually
>> kill my appetite <shrug>
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>I've read where just standing over the stove inhaling the aromas is
>enough to take the hunger pangs away.

This doesn't happen to me. Quite the opposite, in fact.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:44:56 GMT, "limey" > wrote:

>Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:41:04 -0400, "elaine" >
>> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>>>

>> This isn't what puts me off food. Sometimes just cooking will actually
>> kill my appetite <shrug>

I bet "tasting" has something to do with it too.

>I've read where just standing over the stove inhaling the aromas is
>enough to take the hunger pangs away.

It happens to my SIL all the time. She's very slim.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine wrote:
> Have you ever spent a morning/afternoon cooking stuff and not being
> able to eat it 'cause you're not hungry.
>
> Ticks me off. Now I have to freeze. Not a bad idea, I know, but
> always better fresh - Mulligatawny Soup is what I made.
>
> e.

I do that all the time. I'll cook all day, not eat, not be hungry (and I'm
not tasting, either!) and then I don't eat the finished product. It's
almost a daily thing! LOL.

kili

Can't stop dipping stuff into other stuff Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 85 14-01-2014 02:46 PM
Stuff on the Web modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 1 28-08-2009 10:10 PM
Stuff you ate as a kid-but you know is bad for you now but...... Kswck General Cooking 63 17-03-2006 11:05 PM
Stuff from Hou De Nico Tea 9 08-09-2005 03:45 PM
More Tri tip stuff Peter Barbecue 5 01-12-2003 07:35 AM