Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default More green beans

Put up five more pints of green beans this afternoon plus have another
pint uncooked for our dinner tonight. I'm really liking the variety we
planted this year. Kentucky Blue, from Territorial Seed. Have grown and
canned both Kentucky Wonder and Blue Lake and I'm sure these are tastier
than the other two as we ate some of the first batch we picked.

More rain last night and this morning and now the sun is out, if the
grass gets dried enough we may have to make hay out of it. At any rate
it will get mowed sooner or later and tossed into the compost barrel to
make more good stuff for the gardens. We have two nearby neighbors that
don't have dogs so when they put their bags of freshly mowed grass at
the curb we help the trash people by taking it off their hands. These
folks also don't spray or fertilize and that makes it even better. We
have a dog but we pick up after her daily so don't have a problem with
dog poop in the compost.

Tomatoes still aren't green but are getting larger by the day. Still
getting eggplant, sweet chiles, and two kinds of squash almost daily now.

George