Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Pear jelly today, pear sauce tomorrow

Just put up twelve pints of pear jelly and have another batch of juice
to do tomorrow. After that the pulp, already sieved, will be turned into
various flavors with different spices. Some of our clan like the sauce
with cinnamon, some with ginger, some with allspice and some with
whatever I'm willing to give them.

Miz Anne had to go over to Louisiana last Friday to set up for a show
she has some paintings in. She stopped by a friends house that we had
called about picking some pears. The really nice friend got his ladder
out and picked them for her as some of his dear neighbors, mainly the
folks in the trailer park across the road, had picked every pear they
could reach. He thinks it is the same bunch that picked everyone of his
blackberries this year, red or black or green. I think he has purchased
a couple of game camera's and has them set up now. If the neighbors
don't steal them too.

I am pooped, lifting heavy objects is not fun anymore, I think I will
get a grand or a great grand as an apprentice and have them do all the
heavy lifting. Our eldest granddaughter is into trail running, lifting
weights and all that and is a good girl (actually she's a 26 year old
grown woman) and loves her Granpa and Grannie, I hope. <G>

George

Last batch of pear jelly George Shirley Preserving 0 07-08-2009 10:54 PM
Pear jelly George Shirley Preserving 3 02-08-2009 02:04 AM
Making pear sauce today George Shirley Preserving 1 06-08-2008 10:10 PM
Prickly Pear Jelly Mary Filmore Recipes (moderated) 0 05-06-2008 03:19 AM
Pear Jelly? Bunny McElwee Preserving 23 03-09-2004 08:31 PM