Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Painful price rise

A few days ago, wandering through my local supermarket (in the Kroger
chain) I noticed the preserving products. With a sinking heart, I
saw packages of Sure-Jel (one-batch size) for $3.89! OMG, after you
factor in the price of sugar, even if you grow your own fruit, the price
of jam making is no longer a bargain.

Of course, when you look at commercial jams and even the farmers' market
locally made, they are hovering at $5-10 per jar.

Ball pectin, in their online store, is still listed at $.99/pkg.
I may have to plan ahead and buy online this year.

gloria p

The Meat-Eating Habit Causes Painful Kidney Stones [email protected] Vegan 0 15-06-2011 02:19 PM
Not enough rise james Baking 6 02-07-2009 10:43 PM
Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It isthe symbol of his liberty -- his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom,when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure. [email protected] General Cooking 0 02-03-2008 07:28 AM
Atkins to Vegan a bit painful? PJ Vegan 23 20-07-2005 12:29 PM
how to get a rise J Boehm Sourdough 3 08-12-2004 11:38 PM