Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Grandkids and preserves

Eldest granddaughter and her Significant Other just left for home in
Texas. They came in last night about 7:30 pm from Orlando and a stay at
Harry Potter World. Granddaughter loves the Harry Potter books and
enjoyed the visit there.

Fixed them waffles and bacon for breakfast and then we looked around the
pantry for pickles, jams, and jellies for their pantry. They took about
eight jars of stuff, ranging from pints to quarts. I took advantage of
them and loaded them with the 2008 and 2009 versions of my old
standards, they eat stuff up quicker than we do.

They're both good kids, have been together since they were eighteen or
nineteen years old and are both around twenty-four years old now. He is
a prison guard and she is an Assistant Manager at a Denny's Restaurant
and both are going to college on their own pockets so it will be a long
time before either graduates, she in Early Childhood Development, he in
Wildlife Management. Did I mention they're good kids? She's five foot
eleven inches tall, runs about 220 lbs, he's six foot four inches tall,
runs about 250 lbs. I may have mentioned before that granddaughter is
the coupon queen where she lives and they live mostly on food that she
coupons for that is nearly or absolutely free. Yeah, I'm proud of them
both too.

The garden is playing out in the heat and nothing is available to can,
dehydrate, or freeze at the moment. There is some hope as the kumquats
are starting to bloom, come December we should have another bumper crop
of that citrus. We've starting planting some of the vegetables for the
fall garden, primarily green beans and dirt chunks, aka beets. We will
wait for some cooler weather to plant greens, broccoli, cauliflower and
cabbage. We're looking at triple digit heat indices again today.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Eldest granddaughter and her Significant Other just left for home in
> Texas. They came in last night about 7:30 pm from Orlando and a stay at
> Harry Potter World. Granddaughter loves the Harry Potter books and enjoyed
> the visit there.
>
> Fixed them waffles and bacon for breakfast and then we looked around the
> pantry for pickles, jams, and jellies for their pantry. They took about
> eight jars of stuff, ranging from pints to quarts. I took advantage of
> them and loaded them with the 2008 and 2009 versions of my old standards,
> they eat stuff up quicker than we do.
>
> They're both good kids, have been together since they were eighteen or
> nineteen years old and are both around twenty-four years old now. He is a
> prison guard and she is an Assistant Manager at a Denny's Restaurant and
> both are going to college on their own pockets so it will be a long time
> before either graduates, she in Early Childhood Development, he in
> Wildlife Management. Did I mention they're good kids? She's five foot
> eleven inches tall, runs about 220 lbs, he's six foot four inches tall,
> runs about 250 lbs. I may have mentioned before that granddaughter is the
> coupon queen where she lives and they live mostly on food that she coupons
> for that is nearly or absolutely free. Yeah, I'm proud of them both too.

As you have every right to be)

> The garden is playing out in the heat and nothing is available to can,
> dehydrate, or freeze at the moment. There is some hope as the kumquats are
> starting to bloom, come December we should have another bumper crop of
> that citrus. We've starting planting some of the vegetables for the fall
> garden, primarily green beans and dirt chunks, aka beets. We will wait for
> some cooler weather to plant greens, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
> We're looking at triple digit heat indices again today.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

TJ's Preserves James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 6 20-01-2017 05:31 AM
Fig Preserves Loki Preserving 8 02-08-2005 10:20 AM
Ginger preserves ? Stef Preserving 24 01-10-2004 04:36 AM
What do you know about Tomato Preserves? Melba's Jammin' Preserving 21 24-09-2004 10:24 PM
Pear Preserves zxcvbob Preserving 0 03-09-2004 08:04 PM