Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Leaf celery - again!

Put the previous days crop of dehydrated leaf celery into a one-gallon
container today and it is almost completely full. Had to pack it a
little bit but the stuff still has a nice aroma and a good, green color
to it.

The second batch, harvested this morning also, only fills two trays in
the dehydrator and partially at that. Will probably be able to harvest
more in another week as we are getting some nice, but spotty, rainfalls
today.

Some of the bigger stalks of the celery were preparing to produce seed
so I got them out just in time. The next bunch that goes to seed will be
left alone to plant their seed in the herb garden for future crops.

George
Father Inquisitor, HOSSPOJ
Posted to rec.food.preserving
ST ST is offline

>Some of the bigger stalks of the celery were preparing to produce seed
>so I got them out just in time.

Uhhuh.
>The next bunch that goes to seed will be
>left alone to plant their seed in the herb garden for future crops.

Does Celery Seed taste like Celery Seed?
(For those who don't understand this question, Celery Seed (the spice)
is from a different plant than the celery stalks one smears with peanut
butter, cream cheese and sprinkles or puts in a soup/salad.)
Shawn Turner
Ohio, USA
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/23/2010 8:15 PM, ST wrote:

>> Some of the bigger stalks of the celery were preparing to produce seed
>> so I got them out just in time.

> Uhhuh.
>> The next bunch that goes to seed will be
>> left alone to plant their seed in the herb garden for future crops.

> Does Celery Seed taste like Celery Seed?
> (For those who don't understand this question, Celery Seed (the spice)
> is from a different plant than the celery stalks one smears with peanut
> butter, cream cheese and sprinkles or puts in a soup/salad.)
> Shawn Turner
> Ohio, USA

I don't know, I don't eat the seed from the leaf celery plants and
seldom use celery seed (the spice)in cooking.

When to celery, when to not notbob General Cooking 40 07-05-2015 03:25 PM
Celery RodS Diabetic 0 18-12-2010 12:23 PM
Leaf celery George Shirley Preserving 3 24-04-2010 04:20 PM
Green tea leaf particle and leaf size Tea Sunrise Tea 14 24-09-2007 08:24 PM
Celery help Victor Sack General Cooking 30 19-11-2005 08:03 PM