Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Leaf celery

I harvested, washed, and patted dry enough leaves of the subject celery
to dehydrate eight trays today. Should be done in another half hour to
forty-five minutes.

Expect I will get several more trays tomorrow, as there are still lots
of picking to do.

The whole house smells nicely of celery. I always do celery, oregano,
mint, and basil in the house. Some fruit also, onions, garlic chives,
and other strongly scented stuff gets done in the garage.
Posted to rec.food.preserving
ST ST is offline

>The whole house smells nicely of celery. I always do celery, oregano,
>mint, and basil in the house. Some fruit also,

Sniff, sniff, Ahhhhhhhhhh!
>onions, garlic chives,
>and other strongly scented stuff gets done in the garage.

Oh, I hate my to do list. Next thing is find some paper so I can make one,
and put "get some Garlic Chives sets because the "mounds" died and the
seeds just mold, don't germinate."

Chives and garlic chives have these flowers or flower bud things that are
great in salads.
Shawn Turner
Ohio, USA.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/23/2010 8:06 PM, ST wrote:

>> The whole house smells nicely of celery. I always do celery, oregano,
>> mint, and basil in the house. Some fruit also,

> Sniff, sniff, Ahhhhhhhhhh!
>> onions, garlic chives,
>> and other strongly scented stuff gets done in the garage.

> Oh, I hate my to do list. Next thing is find some paper so I can make one,
> and put "get some Garlic Chives sets because the "mounds" died and the
> seeds just mold, don't germinate."
>
> Chives and garlic chives have these flowers or flower bud things that are
> great in salads.
> Shawn Turner
> Ohio, USA.

The large garlic chives I grow seldom flower and spread by roots and can
quickly become invasive. I root it all out but a few stems every year
and it just grows again.

Of course I live in USDA heat zone 9b so it's rather warm here most of
the year.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:33:13 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>On 4/23/2010 8:06 PM, ST wrote:
>>
>>> The whole house smells nicely of celery. I always do celery, oregano,
>>> mint, and basil in the house. Some fruit also,

>> Sniff, sniff, Ahhhhhhhhhh!
>>> onions, garlic chives,
>>> and other strongly scented stuff gets done in the garage.

>> Oh, I hate my to do list. Next thing is find some paper so I can make one,
>> and put "get some Garlic Chives sets because the "mounds" died and the
>> seeds just mold, don't germinate."
>>
>> Chives and garlic chives have these flowers or flower bud things that are
>> great in salads.
>> Shawn Turner
>> Ohio, USA.

>The large garlic chives I grow seldom flower and spread by roots and can
>quickly become invasive. I root it all out but a few stems every year
>and it just grows again.
>
>Of course I live in USDA heat zone 9b so it's rather warm here most of
>the year.

George,
One doesn't have to be in 9b to be inundated with garlic chives. Ours
multiply exponentially plus they flower and spread seeds that I think
all germinate. The only thing that seems to be harder to control is
the damn Creeping Bellflower. Very pretty flower but, it'll take over
every bit of your property, cultivated or not, if it gets half a
chance.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b
43º 17' 26.75" North
80º 13' 29.46" West

When to celery, when to not notbob General Cooking 40 07-05-2015 03:25 PM
Celery RodS Diabetic 0 18-12-2010 12:23 PM
Leaf celery - again! George Shirley Preserving 2 24-04-2010 12:31 PM
Green tea leaf particle and leaf size Tea Sunrise Tea 14 24-09-2007 08:24 PM
Celery help Victor Sack General Cooking 30 19-11-2005 08:03 PM