Member

Location: Mexico, United States, Canada
Default Caldo de Pollo recipe for those in need of some comfort food

I thought I'd share this here; it's a new recipe I just wrote up for Caldo de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup)

I'd post it right here for you but I already put it up there and I'm damn tired right now... But anyway, I turned out great and it's a great dish if you're looking for a good soup to warm up with on a cold day, so check it out and I hope you like it. Any questions, I'll answer them here for ya!

cheers.
Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Lima View Post
I thought I'd share this here; it's a new recipe I just wrote up for Caldo de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup)

I'd post it right here for you but I already put it up there and I'm damn tired right now... But anyway, I turned out great and it's a great dish if you're looking for a good soup to warm up with on a cold day, so check it out and I hope you like it. Any questions, I'll answer them here for ya!

cheers.
That reminds me of a Filipino dish, arroz caldo, which also serves as comfort food for me. I would love to try your recipe, but it looks too complicated for me! Is there a way to make this for just one or two people? Scaling down the ingredients - will that still yield the same results?
__________________
Noemi
Recipe-Finder: The Smart Way to Find Recipes
"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy." ~Author Unknown
Member

Location: Mexico, United States, Canada

Hmm... I've never tried making it smaller, but if you were to halve the amount of each ingredient and keep things in the same proportion, I don't see why it wouldn't taste the same.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On Apr 1, 11:23*am, Carlos Lima <Carlos.Lima.
> wrote:
> I thought I'd share this here; it's a new recipe I just wrote up for
> 'Caldo de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup)' (http://tinyurl.com/3qwsc8f)
>
> I'd post it right here for you but I already put it up there and I'm
> damn tired right now... *But anyway, I turned out great and it's a great
> dish if you're looking for a good soup to warm up with on a cold day, so
> check it out and I hope you like it. *Any questions, I'll answer them
> here for ya!

I made this recipe last night and it came out well but I omitted the
"2 tbs salt, and 1 tbs pepper."

Are you *serious*? Two *tablespoons* of salt and 1 *tablespoon* of
black pepper?
Experienced Member

Location: Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
wrote:
I thought I'd share this here; it's a new recipe I just wrote up for
'Caldo de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup)' (Traditional Mexican Recipes: Caldo de Pollo recipe (Mexican Chicken Soup recipe) Authentic Mexican Recipes)

I'd post it right here for you but I already put it up there and I'm
damn tired right now... *But anyway, I turned out great and it's a great
dish if you're looking for a good soup to warm up with on a cold day, so
check it out and I hope you like it. *Any questions, I'll answer them
here for ya!

I made this recipe last night and it came out well but I omitted the
"2 tbs salt, and 1 tbs pepper."

Are you *serious*? Two *tablespoons* of salt and 1 *tablespoon* of
black pepper?
How did that go? Now let me go out on a limb - that much salt and pepper isn't good?
__________________
Noemi
Recipe-Finder: The Smart Way to Find Recipes
"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy." ~Author Unknown

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On Apr 25, 3:44*am, Noemi > wrote:

> How did that go?

It was no problemo, I already had most of the ingredients, I just
needed the squash.

> Now let me go out on a limb - that much salt and pepper isn't good?

There's too much sodium in the salt, that's bad for high blood
pressure and my BP is at the low end of what's considered high.

As for pepper, each guest should season his/her bowl of caldo to his/
her own preferences, since once the pepper has been dispersed through
the whole pot it may be too spicy for some and not spicy enough for
others.

I have frequently underestimated the heat of the fresh chiles that I
use and once they are in there, the only way to make whatever dish
I've made less spicy is to add more of the main bland ingredient,
whether it's rice, beans, hominy, or whatever.

Then I have twice as much of whatever recipe I made so I freeze half
of it for later.
Banned

Thanks for posting the recipe...mexican is one of my favorites and we don't have a lot of "authentic" mexican restaurants where I am.
I look forward to trying this!