Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

Default Caldo de Pollo recipe for those in need of some comfort food

On Apr 25, 3:44*am, Noemi > wrote:

> How did that go?

It was no problemo, I already had most of the ingredients, I just
needed the squash.

> Now let me go out on a limb - that much salt and pepper isn't good?

There's too much sodium in the salt, that's bad for high blood
pressure and my BP is at the low end of what's considered high.

As for pepper, each guest should season his/her bowl of caldo to his/
her own preferences, since once the pepper has been dispersed through
the whole pot it may be too spicy for some and not spicy enough for
others.

I have frequently underestimated the heat of the fresh chiles that I
use and once they are in there, the only way to make whatever dish
I've made less spicy is to add more of the main bland ingredient,
whether it's rice, beans, hominy, or whatever.

Then I have twice as much of whatever recipe I made so I freeze half
of it for later.