Not Bill Gates

Default Pig feet in egg batter

I'd like to know if there are any old mexicanos out there familiar with this
one.

My father tells me of a dish his mother used to make when he was a
youngster.

Fresh pigs feet were dipped in a batter of whipped egg whites, with the yolk
folded in (same batter used for chile rellenos).

The pigs feet were then dropped into an iron skillet of hot oil.

The cooked feet were served in a soup bowl with a light broth of some sort.

Does anyone know this recipe?

Does it have a proper name?

Does anyone have a print recipe to share?

Mil Gracias!

Steve Wertz

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:15:32 GMT, "Not Bill Gates"
> wrote:

>I'd like to know if there are any old mexicanos out there familiar with this
>one.
>
>My father tells me of a dish his mother used to make when he was a
>youngster.
>
>Fresh pigs feet were dipped in a batter of whipped egg whites, with the yolk
>folded in (same batter used for chile rellenos).
>
>The pigs feet were then dropped into an iron skillet of hot oil.
>
>The cooked feet were served in a soup bowl with a light broth of some sort.
>
>Does anyone know this recipe?
>
>Does it have a proper name?
>
>Does anyone have a print recipe to share?

How would you possibly eat something like this? Pigs feet aren't
going to cook in 4-5 minutes and there would be a lot of fat to
eat through to get to the gristly meat inside.

-sw

Irma

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:15:32 GMT, "Not Bill Gates"
> wrote:

>I'd like to know if there are any old mexicanos out there familiar with this
>one.
>
>My father tells me of a dish his mother used to make when he was a
>youngster.
>
>Fresh pigs feet were dipped in a batter of whipped egg whites, with the yolk
>folded in (same batter used for chile rellenos).
>
>The pigs feet were then dropped into an iron skillet of hot oil.
>
>The cooked feet were served in a soup bowl with a light broth of some sort.
>
>Does anyone know this recipe?
>
>Does it have a proper name?
>
>Does anyone have a print recipe to share?
>
>Mil Gracias!

Yes the dish is named "manitas de puerco capeadas"

You need to buy pig manitas here you will see in the picture
"manitas",
http://www.lasrecetasdelaabuela.com/cortes/cerdo.htm

Wash and boil them with a big piece of onion and some bay leaves, salt
and a one garlic, for approximately one hour in your pressure cooker.

When soft, dry them very well, even with a kitchen fabric otherwise
the oil will be jumping out of the pan and this is really painful :-)

Flour the manitas and cover them with the same coat you use for chiles
rellenos. Your pan must be prepared already with enough very hot oil.
fry them until they are golden.

The sauce su use with this dish is the same red sauce you use for
chiles rellenos.

Buen provecho! :-)

Irma.

Tambor

"Steve Wertz" > escribió en el mensaje

> How would you possibly eat something like this? Pigs feet aren't
> going to cook in 4-5 minutes and there would be a lot of fat to
> eat through to get to the gristly meat inside.
>
> -sw

Steve, feet are not fatty but has a lot of gelatine and taste good.
Besides pig you have lamb feet. Boil for 45 minutes or until feet are tender
in a pressure pot and eat with a sauce, in example tomato sauce.

Regards

Tambor, Spain

Jack Sloan

"Not Bill Gates" > wrote in message
> I'd like to know if there are any old mexicanos out there familiar with

this
> one.
>
> My father tells me of a dish his mother used to make when he was a
> youngster.
>
> Fresh pigs feet were dipped in a batter of whipped egg whites, with the

yolk
> folded in (same batter used for chile rellenos).
>
> The pigs feet were then dropped into an iron skillet of hot oil.
>
> The cooked feet were served in a soup bowl with a light broth of some

sort.

> Does anyone know this recipe?
>
> Does it have a proper name?
>
> Does anyone have a print recipe to share?
>
> Mil Gracias!

Don't have the name or recipe, but had this dish last week in Montemorelos.
It was not served in a broth , however.
Jack BTW ...there are a lot of small bones in a pig's foot.