Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Serious Cooking School in Mexico

The Ritz-Carlton in Cancun has just re-opened with a renovation after
the hurricane that devastated Cancun. Part of the renovation is a
Culinary Center that has Master Chefs teaching cooking classes, along
with wine and tequila tasting classes 7 days a week. I'm excited to
say that I'm going there at the end of this month for five days.

Here's a link:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/c...er/default.asp

3 days after getting back from there to Houston, I will be off to
Mazatlan for 4 days... lot's of eating, but no cooking.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Please submit occasional reports....

Wayne

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The Ritz-Carlton in Cancun has just re-opened with a renovation after
> the hurricane that devastated Cancun. Part of the renovation is a
> Culinary Center that has Master Chefs teaching cooking classes, along
> with wine and tequila tasting classes 7 days a week. I'm excited to
> say that I'm going there at the end of this month for five days.
>
> Here's a link:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/c...er/default.asp

> 3 days after getting back from there to Houston, I will be off to
> Mazatlan for 4 days... lot's of eating, but no cooking.
>
> Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Please submit occasional reports....

Last month, I was in Campeche and Merida for 8 days, and in for
Acapulco for 7 days. I always travel with my laptop and a digital
camera. I not only posted to a food newsgroup every day, but at the
request of some, e-mailed as many as 30-50 photos every day on those
trips (except on the last 3 days in Acapulco, when I caught the flu and
was too ill to go to the hospital). I LOVE to do food photography. At
any rate, I will be posting on the trips.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

So, where and how do you post photos on this newsgroup?

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > Please submit occasional reports....

> Last month, I was in Campeche and Merida for 8 days, and in for
> Acapulco for 7 days. I always travel with my laptop and a digital
> camera. I not only posted to a food newsgroup every day, but at the
> request of some, e-mailed as many as 30-50 photos every day on those
> trips (except on the last 3 days in Acapulco, when I caught the flu and
> was too ill to go to the hospital). I LOVE to do food photography. At
> any rate, I will be posting on the trips.
>
> Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> So, where and how do you post photos on this newsgroup?

I doubt that it can be done here. I am willing to include you in my
e-mail assault from Mexico, but the photos are actually for articles in
Mexico Travel & Life magazine.

If you go to www.MexicoTravelAndLife.com, all food shots there are by
me. Clock on the Media Kit and there are a lot more. Nothing fancy,
but food is food.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:10:52 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
> wrote:

>So, where and how do you post photos on this newsgroup?

You can't, but you can post them at "alt.binaries.food".

--
Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA >
Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > So, where and how do you post photos on this newsgroup?

> I doubt that it can be done here. I am willing to include you in my
> e-mail assault from Mexico, but the photos are actually for articles in
> Mexico Travel & Life magazine.
>
> If you go to www.MexicoTravelAndLife.com, all food shots there are by
> me. Clock on the Media Kit and there are a lot more. Nothing fancy,
> but food is food.
>
> Jack

Jack, why not post some pics on ABF ?
Jacktoo

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On 4 Oct 2006 12:21:23 -0700, "Jack Tyler"
> wrote:

>Wayne Lundberg wrote:
>> So, where and how do you post photos on this newsgroup?

>I doubt that it can be done here. I am willing to include you in my
>e-mail assault from Mexico, but the photos are actually for articles in
>Mexico Travel & Life magazine.
>
>If you go to www.MexicoTravelAndLife.com, all food shots there are by
>me. Clock on the Media Kit and there are a lot more. Nothing fancy,
>but food is food.

It sounds like you need either a flickr.com account or a blogspot.com
blog account if you are up to keeping a running commentary with your
photos.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Sloan wrote:

> Jack, why not post some pics on ABF ?
> Jacktoo

Jack!

Nice to see you here (too). I cannot get to ABF on Google Groups. If
I could, I would. Anyone who can walk me through accessing groups
through Outlook would be a welcome friend.

In addition to Cancun (the Ritz Carlton Culinary Center), I am also
going to be in Mazatlan for a Festival 3 days after get home from
Cancun... then 3 weeks later, I am headed to Tabasco (Villahermosa) for
a tour of a cacao plantation and a chocolate (factory?). I'd love to
post some of the photos from these trips and the ones from the past few
weeks. I sometimes take as many as 50 food photos a day in Mexico.

Jack, also.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Please submit occasional reports....
>
> Wayne
> http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/c...er/default.asp

I'm leaving this Tuesday, the 31st and will come back to Houston on the
5th. I will be doing the Mexican Cuisine cooking class on Wednesday
and a Tequila tasting on the Day of the Dead. On Dia de los Muertos,
I'll be in Playa del Carmen and Xcaret. I'll spend a half day on Isla
Mujeres for sun... one day will be in the Mayan ruins, Coba' , and a
nearby Mayan village inhabited by descendants of the Mayans from Coba'.
Some zip-lining through the jungle canopy and swimming in a cenote',
also. Will be photographing all food and meals, as usual. Back to
Mexico 3 days later, to Mazatlan.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > Please submit occasional reports....
> >
> > Wayne

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/c...er/default.asp

> I'm leaving this Tuesday, the 31st and will come back to Houston on the
> 5th. I will be doing the Mexican Cuisine cooking class on Wednesday
> and a Tequila tasting on the Day of the Dead. On Dia de los Muertos,
> I'll be in Playa del Carmen and Xcaret. I'll spend a half day on Isla
> Mujeres for sun... one day will be in the Mayan ruins, Coba' , and a
> nearby Mayan village inhabited by descendants of the Mayans from Coba'.
> Some zip-lining through the jungle canopy and swimming in a cenote',
> also. Will be photographing all food and meals, as usual. Back to
> Mexico 3 days later, to Mazatlan.
>
> Jack

Triple WOW!!! What a trip! Don't overdo the Habanero and use plenty of
suntan lotion. That sun south of the Tropic of Cancer is murder on Nordic
skin.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> Triple WOW!!! What a trip! Don't overdo the Habanero and use plenty of
> suntan lotion. That sun south of the Tropic of Cancer is murder on Nordic
> skin.
>
> Wayne

I'm preparing to head back from Texas at noon today, but wanted to say
that it turned out that I was in the first class ever of this new
Culinary Center at the Ritz Carlton. Interestingly-enough, the first
meal we prepared was Huachinango a la Veracruzana with Ceveche (shrimp,
scallops and "fish') with a Mexican rice and a dessert of Flan on
Roasted Pineapple. I had actually planned to make that snapper dish
next week, before I knew it would be cooked in the class. Nice place to
cook, by the way, you look out windows over the herb garden and across
the Carribean Sea while cooking in an all-Viking kitchen.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack,
Sounds like you had a great time. What else went into the seafood dish
other than the shrimp, scallops and fish.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Rhonda wrote:
> Jack,
> Sounds like you had a great time. What else went into the seafood dish
> other than the shrimp, scallops and fish.

Chopped red onions, tomatoes, cilantro, Mexican Basil, Lime Juice,
salt, pepper and a pinch of Sugar. Marinade for an hour in the fridge,
stirring every 10 minutes and serve chilled.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Jack Tyler" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Rhonda wrote:
> > Jack,
> > Sounds like you had a great time. What else went into the seafood dish
> > other than the shrimp, scallops and fish.

> Chopped red onions, tomatoes, cilantro, Mexican Basil, Lime Juice,
> salt, pepper and a pinch of Sugar. Marinade for an hour in the fridge,
> stirring every 10 minutes and serve chilled.
>
> Jack

Better watch out. Tony will be wanting you as chef for Wednesday Mexican
Night.
Jack

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Jack Sloan wrote:

> Better watch out. Tony will be wanting you as chef for Wednesday Mexican
> Night.
> Jacktoo

Of all the restaurateurs in Houston, Tony is the only one who could
afford a ceviche chef.

Jackalso