Old 07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Member

Thumbs up a bacon butty a bacon sarnie or The Ultimate Bacon Sandwich

mmmmm,,, I betcha that was nice .... True Sole Food ... plus great for a hang-over

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bacon/

Who make's the best bacon sarnie around can you do better than this:

Make mine a double wammie
Phillip Skinner

Old 07-08-2006, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default a bacon butty a bacon sarnie or The Ultimate Bacon Sandwich

[image: http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bacon/bacon9.jpg]

Who make's the best bacon sarnie around can you do better than this:

Make mine a double wammie
Phillip Skinner

lol Serious salt overload... ;-)

I'd have to take an extra dose of Torosemide the next day if I did
something like that! I'm very salt sensitive.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 07-08-2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

phillip.skinner wrote:
mmmmm,,, I betcha that was nice .... True Sole Food ... plus great for a
hang-over

Needs more bacon! (hehehe)
what? no butter on the bread? sheesh!

and loads of black pepper.....
hmm.. breakfast time .... bolts for kitchen - frypan, bacon & crusty
high-top

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
and never eat anything bigger than your head

Old 08-08-2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane writhes:

phillip.skinner wrote:
mmmmm,,, I betcha that was nice .... True Sole Food ... plus great for a
hang-over

Needs more bacon! (hehehe)
what? no butter on the bread? sheesh!

and loads of black pepper.....
hmm.. breakfast time .... bolts for kitchen - frypan, bacon & crusty
high-top

Hehe..."SPREAD 'em, Lady Jane...!!!"

--
Best
Greg

Old 08-08-2006, 06:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

phillip.skinner wrote:

mmmmm,,, I betcha that was nice .... True Sole Food ... plus great for a
hang-over

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bacon/

Put some lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and mayo on it
and it'll be exactly like the BLTs I got at the Caterpillar
plant cafeteria in Peoria, IL.

Or use back-bacon, like they do in England when they
want a bacon buttie...

--Blair

Old 08-08-2006, 06:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:37:03 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Put some lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and mayo on it
and it'll be exactly like the BLTs I got at the Caterpillar
plant cafeteria in Peoria, IL.

Banana peppers in a BLT. I've gotta try that. Thank you!

Carol
Old 08-08-2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:37:03 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Put some lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and mayo on it
and it'll be exactly like the BLTs I got at the Caterpillar
plant cafeteria in Peoria, IL.

Banana peppers in a BLT. I've gotta try that. Thank you!

Carol

Avocado........ ;-d

The classic "BAT" burger.

Bacon, avocado and tomato on a medium rare grilled beef burger on a
toasted bun, with real leaf lettuce.

Cheese and/or pickles per your preference but not necessary.....

It's the gods.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:37:03 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Put some lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and mayo on it
and it'll be exactly like the BLTs I got at the Caterpillar
plant cafeteria in Peoria, IL.

Banana peppers in a BLT. I've gotta try that. Thank you!

Carol

I had to look up banana peppers and from what I read it's a little late
to find them, indicating an early harvest?? Never had one. *sigh*

Andy
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:50:22 -0500, Andy q wrote:

Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:37:03 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Put some lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and mayo on it
and it'll be exactly like the BLTs I got at the Caterpillar
plant cafeteria in Peoria, IL.

Banana peppers in a BLT. I've gotta try that. Thank you!

I had to look up banana peppers and from what I read it's a little late
to find them, indicating an early harvest?? Never had one. *sigh*

They're EASY to find. They're in jars, pickled, all ready to be put
into sandwiches. If you ever go to Subway, they have them there.
They're the neon-yellow rings. Soooo good on sammiches.

Carol
Old 08-08-2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
:

They're EASY to find. They're in jars, pickled, all ready to be put
into sandwiches. If you ever go to Subway, they have them there.
They're the neon-yellow rings. Soooo good on sammiches.

Carol

Carol,

Thanks for the info. I wondered about market availability. I see Mt.
Olive Hot Banana Pepper rings at my ACME. I thought they were mild sweet
peppers!?

Andy

Old 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

lol Serious salt overload... ;-)

I'd have to take an extra dose of Torosemide the next day if I did
something like that! I'm very salt sensitive.....

I just got a perscription of Hydroduiril/Esidrix yesterday (25mg, once
a day) for edema but it's not doing anything significant as far as I
can tell. The little swelling that went away would have anyway.
Should I call the Dr. about it or just wait a day or two and see what
happens?

TIA

Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

I had to look up banana peppers and from what I read it's a little late
to find them, indicating an early harvest?? Never had one. *sigh*

I had to look up "sarnie".

Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:41:31 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

Avocado........ ;-d

The classic "BAT" burger.

Bacon, avocado and tomato on a medium rare grilled beef burger on a
toasted bun, with real leaf lettuce.

Cheese and/or pickles per your preference but not necessary.....

You're killing me, you know that, don't you?

Carol, considering a bowl of Rice Krispies

;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 08-08-2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:35:22 -0500, Andy q wrote:

Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
:

They're EASY to find. They're in jars, pickled, all ready to be put
into sandwiches. If you ever go to Subway, they have them there.
They're the neon-yellow rings. Soooo good on sammiches.

Thanks for the info. I wondered about market availability. I see Mt.
Olive Hot Banana Pepper rings at my ACME. I thought they were mild sweet
peppers!?

They must come in more than one heat. The ones I buy taste mostly of
vinegar. I don't have a jar on hand right now, or I'd make a
recommendation.

Carol
Old 08-08-2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:35:22 -0500, Andy q wrote:

Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
m:

They're EASY to find. They're in jars, pickled, all ready to be put
into sandwiches. If you ever go to Subway, they have them there.
They're the neon-yellow rings. Soooo good on sammiches.

Thanks for the info. I wondered about market availability. I see Mt.
Olive Hot Banana Pepper rings at my ACME. I thought they were mild sweet
peppers!?

They must come in more than one heat. The ones I buy taste mostly of
vinegar. I don't have a jar on hand right now, or I'd make a
recommendation.

Carol

they ALWAYS give me hiccups. I love them but there's something about the
vinegar and the mild heat combined that always gives me hiccups. I get that
from pepperoncini as well. It's so funny because I eat them, wait a second,
get the familiar quivering in my abdomen, take another bite and I'm off
hiccupping and laughing and hiccupping even harder because I'm laughing which
makes me laugh harder.

Who needs television when I am my own best retarded entertainment

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com